Newbie Gigi: Free Gig/ Profile Descriptions, Anyone?

Hello buddies! This is Gigi the newbie!

I'm hoping to improve with other newbies (yep, y'all) so I'm offering free gig/ profile descriptions.

Simply offer me free services of your expertise, which may potentially improve my account/ profile, in return will do.

For instance, you may offer website writing/ graphics design for my gig/ logo design for my profile... whatever, anything reasonable will do!

Let's improve by establishing well-organized Fiverr seller accounts together!

Looking forward to your response!

15 minutes ago, enunciator said:

Uhh. Free work violates Fiverr's ToS. 😬

Fiverr is a business platform, not a volunteer/charity service exchange.

What? Free work as part of a gig is against Fiverr's TOS. Offering work in exchange for work anywhere else has nothing to do with Fiverr. I do video, nothing stops me from telling people "Hey, make me a logo for my profile and I'll make you a video for your gig in exchange" - as long as I'm not doing it inside the Fiverr platform. Fiverr has nothing to do with it. It's not breaking any rules. The forums, as far as I know, have nothing to do with your gigs themselves. There's no contracts here, no money going through Fiverr, no reviews, nothing. It's like going on reddit and proposing a work exchange. 

As for the legality of using work done by others in your gig, it will depend. If you are offering video services, your video must be done by you. If you're offering writing, the writing better be done by you. But if you're offering, say, music production, why would anyone care if your logo (which shows on all your gigs) was not designed by you? It's irrelevant. It's not what you're selling, so it's not misleading anyone. And as far as I know there's no rule stating that "every single thing in your profile/gig must have been done by you". Not only is it impossible to enforce, it wouldn't make any sense. I could literally get a friend to sit with me at the computer and write my entire profile for me. Then what? 

Fiverr is not big brother.

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

as long as I'm not doing it inside the Fiverr platform.

Most conversations in the Fiverr forum about gigs and services, one can reasonably assume, are about performing said gigs and services on Fiverr.

I never addressed doing a tit for tat exchange elsewhere in the vast breadth of the world wide web because I thought it was apparent I was addressing the practice of exchanging free work on Fiverr. 

Well, that isn't against TOS, because it can't happen. If the work is done through Fiverr (so, through gigs), the price can't be zero, since that isn't an option.

If sending anything through Fiverr's message system without payment is an offence, 90% of people have to get banned for sending "free samples". You simply can't regulate that. Let people do what they will.

Sure, it can. People send free work via messaging and attachments constantly. Many times it's clueless sellers trying to land a promised deal that then doesn't pan out. Should they all get banned? Why? It's their loss, really. In any case, the forum is not Fiverr. I can't contact a client that messages me inside Fiverr through other means. But if I talk to someone on the forums that I want to build a working relationship with, nothing stops me from finding them outside and contacting directly, via e-mail, for example. Where's the rule against that? It wouldn't even be legal.

Of course! That's a totally different topic. That's spam. I get those messages frequently, and it doesn't work well for those who send them.

However, talking about it in the forum and pursuing it only with people who are interested is not spam. They agreed to it, and were interested. No problems.

If I wasn't clear originally - never send unsolicited direct messages to anyone on Fiverr asking/offering work.

2 minutes ago, reza_asif said:

A gig description is a personal work experienced detail and what you can do for the buyer. then how one suppose to write in your gig detail?

i think its not ethical and also contradict to fiver TOS.

Oh what I mean is the reconstruction of ideas from the seller whose description is to be written btw

I shall expect asking for the info before I start writing (I hate making things up)

Anyways once again really sorry for my ignorance

Archived