Fiverr is now saturated

chester48

Fiverr has been saturated since the Covid-19 pandemic started. Tons of new sellers started joining right around that time.

10 minutes ago, chester48 said:

This new forum is buggy

The new Forum has just been launched (2 days ago), so there's still a few bugs that are probably in the process of being fixed.

37 minutes ago, enunciator said:

Guess I've only known "saturated" Fiverr since I only started selling once the pandemic was already blowing up globally.

Wonder what people will call Fiverr next year? Double saturated? Hyper saturated? 😅

This days, I'm even scared to send buyer requests. I always see 100 offers sent or 150

4 minutes ago, chester48 said:

This days, I'm even scared to send buyer requests. I always see 100 offers sent or 150

And most of them are useless offers sent by desperate sellers. If you have the knowledge and skills to back up you offer why not apply if you need the work. 

13 minutes ago, chester48 said:

I know - so many offers on requests that are taking advantage of buyers. The price points that I see on Buyer Requests aren't sustainable by most sellers. Certainly not if you want to run a business, rather than just make a little pocket money.

36 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

And most of them are useless offers sent by desperate sellers. If you have the knowledge and skills to back up your offer why not apply if you need the work. 

@vickiespencer what is the need? Before I even type my proposal, I'm already seeing 100 offers sent. All copy and paste. The copy and paste give people no chance to talk about the gig. And your offer will be at the very last bottom maybe the 81 person, will the buyer have that time to go through all these?.

28 minutes ago, dolly_donut said:

I know - so many offers on requests that are taking advantage of buyers. The price points that I see on Buyer Requests aren't sustainable by most sellers. Certainly not if you want to run a business, rather than just make a little pocket money.

The price points are wack. I've seen a 5$ with over 100 sellers proposal. Lol for just 5 bucks what the f***

4 hours ago, chester48 said:

Before I even type my proposal, I'm already seeing 100 offers sent. All copy and paste. The copy and paste give people no chance to talk about the gig.

But as a buyer, I immediately delete all of those copy and paste offers, which leaves a couple offers that are actually helpful. I usually go through every single one of those offers because I need to pick the right seller!

7 hours ago, chester48 said:

Before I even type my proposal, I'm already seeing 100 offers sent.

I looked, but I could not find the thread where a buyer said they received well over 100 replies to their Buyer Request and not one of them was anyone who he would hire! 

The thing is that every seller that is level 0 or level 1 is seeking to get work through Buyer Requests and there will be a lot of them. Yours just needs to be better! 

12 hours ago, chester48 said:

The price points are wack. I've seen a 5$ with over 100 sellers proposal. Lol for just 5 bucks what the f***

1. I believe that the responses to the buyer request are presented in LIFO (the first response in the list is the most recent), so the visibility does not depend on the number of responses already sent, but on when the buyer looks at the responses.
2. I don't often respond to a buyer request anymore, but when I did, if the asking price was too low for a given task, I would always make an offer with my price, and it worked fine.

Buyer requests have always been saturated. Don't waste your time there. It's not worth it. And this has nothing to do with the quality of your pitch, either. I pitch better than 99.9% of what I see go down in the BR section. I'm a PRO, TRS. Before I dropped it for good, I replied to a couple hundred of buyer requests, and got maybe one or two orders out of it. Ridiculous, given that I was clearly much better than the competition, don't even need to check. People posting on buyer requests are either trolls, other sellers, or people that want the world for 5 bucks.

It's just a waste of time. Focus on your gigs, and wait for clients to contact you.

2 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Buyer requests have always been saturated. Don't waste your time there. It's not worth it. And this has nothing to do with the quality of your pitch, either. I pitch better than 99.9% of what I see go down in the BR section. I'm a PRO, TRS. Before I dropped it for good, I replied to a couple hundred of buyer requests and got maybe one or two orders out of it. Ridiculous, given that I was much better than the competition, don't even need to check. People posting on buyer requests are either trolls, other sellers, or people that want the world for 5 bucks.

It's just a waste of time. Focus on your gigs, and wait for clients to contact you.

This is the most difficult part. Especially when your gig is not on the front page. I don't know if there is another way to promote a gig. I'm getting far more orders locally compared to Fiverr.

18 hours ago, krheate said:

But as a buyer, I immediately delete all of those copy and paste offers, which leaves a couple offers that are helpful. I usually go through every single one of those offers because I need to pick the right seller!

Sounds optimistic, someone above said he was top rated yet sending offers was a total waste of time.

23 minutes ago, chester48 said:

Sounds optimistic, someone above said he was top rated yet sending offers was a total waste of time.

Yeah, there's not that many top sellers who still leave offers to BRs, but occasionally, there's a few.

As has been noted here, the saturation that took place on Fiverr is mostly due to COVID.

I've been here just over five years.

The number of Newbies arriving on the Forum asking the same five questions increased in the past 18-months to (my estimate) of 25 per day.

That becomes 750 new members per month and 9,000 new members in a year.

That's just the ones who find the Forum.

I would hazard to guess that the percentage of Newbies here is far greater than that and probably only 25% of them find the Forum.

That now puts the number at 36,000 Newbies joining Fiverr in the past year.

So, yah, you are going to see an increase of responses to BRs.

Remember, BRs are the lowest common denominator on Fiverr.

You can't live on them as many Buyers there won't pay much and expect too much.

On 6/26/2021 at 4:00 PM, visualstudios said:

That's an extremely conservative number. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, joined. 36k new sellers is nothing.

Totally agree.

I think it is many times more than that but wanted to throw a number out there for simple math.

@visualstudiosI would love to ask you a question?. Is there any requirement to apply for Fiverr pro? Apart from perhaps sharing Behance profile to preview work etc. I would love to apply for pro but I don't know if I need to be level 2 or pro. But if I meet all other requirement and showing my strong profile on Behance, can that give me a lead?

Archived