May I talk about other marketplaces here?

rabiul2222

May I talk about other marketplaces here?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. May I talk about other marketplaces here?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to talk about those other platforms, why not go to those other platforms and find their forums so you can ask all the questions you desire about their platform and how it is operated.

Or, create a Facebook group for freelancers or whatever so you can exchange ideas or talk about any platform you want.

But, here, no, you really should not be asking questions about competitor's to Fiverr.

GG

Inside Fiverr itself, no. On the forums? I have no idea what the rule is, but I think it reeks of authoritarianism and lack of transparency to simply forbid informed conversation about the freelance landscape. It's like, what would Fiverr be afraid of? Transparency is healthy. Comparisons are useful. One thing is coming here saying "platform X is much better, Fiverr sucks", and I understand if Fiverr wouldn't like that. A different thing is saying "platform X works in this way, and Fiverr could implement similar Y or Z and be better off as a platform by doing so". That's constructive and helpful for everyone.

I have no idea if it's strictly forbidden to say "upwork" on the forums, for example, but if it is, it reflects terribly on Fiverr.  Just makes them look bad (afraid of competition?). 

8 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I think two forums ago, if I'm not mistaken, typing something like that gets replaced with another word upon posting. Good to see now it appears as it is. Haha. 

I think I've said it before and it wasn't censored. No clue why it would be, tbh - Fiverr has a much better model (overall), upwork is not even competition in my eyes. That doesn't mean they don't some things better (tiered commission, for example, is MUCH better).

17 hours ago, visualstudios said:

authoritarianism and lack of transparency

Why would Fiverr want others to be discussing other platforms that are competition? And, whether you like it or not, Fiverr has every right to run their site in an authoritarian way - do you think the TOS is authoritarianism too?

One thing is coming here saying "platform X is much better, Fiverr sucks",

And, this is why Fiverr would rather conversations about other sites not be discussed here. You would have what you said above - people slamming Fiverr and saying go work at X site, they are better!

A different thing is saying "platform X works in this way, and Fiverr could implement similar Y or Z and be better off as a platform by doing so".

While this part does sound good, I doubt most of the conversations would go that way.

If the OP wants to talk about other sites and how they work, they have the ability to go to those forums or create one themselves to talk about anything they like.

When in Fiverr's house, you follow Fiverr's rules. Authoritarian or not.

GG

I think, Don't talk about other marketplaces here. Fiverr is an unique and special marketplace for freelancers. If you need to know or any question about others marketplaces, Go to there forums and talk there. Thanks for your good question.

Archived