Am I charging the right prices to start my job?

misterfox1986

You can start with any price you want. I never started at $5 because I always thought that my time and my service is worth more than $5. Although you will find people that sell similar services as yours for $5, you can charge as much as you want from the beginning. Good luck! 

Thanks. I've been doing video editing for five years on my channel, making videos about creative people for free. Now I decided to try my skills in business, but when it came to setting prices, I was a little confused. Sorry about my English: it's a second language, but not my primary language. 
It's a little exciting to talk to people in a language other than your own. I don't want to look like a fool😟

If you look at the ruble exchange rate, five dollars is pretty good money for me 🙂 
I need to do at least one job first, and then I'll look beyond that and make plans for the future. But for me, the most important thing is the high quality of the work done

20 minutes ago, misterfox1986 said:

If you look at the ruble exchange rate, five dollars is pretty good money for me 🙂 
I need to do at least one job first, and then I'll look beyond that and make plans for the future. But for me, the most important thing is the high quality of the work done

Great mindset, get the ball rolling! And keep improving..

Yes, initial price is not a matter, matter is about how you can provide services you are capable.  so don't think about 5$ anymore... you can start whatever you want.

As per my experience as a new seller, i have mixed value with different gigs, trying to make some detail works in less price compare to others which are more complex services for balancing pricing and increasing opportunities to earn more. 

This is my opinion, you can escape it. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, zero_doshomik said:

Да, начальная цена не имеет значения, вопрос в том, как вы можете предоставить услуги, на которые вы способны. так что не думайте больше о 5 $ ... можете начинать все, что хотите.

По моему опыту в качестве нового продавца, у меня смешанная ценность с разными концертами, я пытаюсь заставить некоторые детали работать по меньшей цене по сравнению с другими, которые представляют собой более сложные услуги для сбалансированного ценообразования и увеличения возможностей заработать больше. 

Это мое мнение, этого можно избежать. Спасибо. 

I have an example of what I can do as my work. But unfortunately I can't post more than one video

1 hour ago, kreativzak said:

If you are a new seller, then you should start from $5.

I don't agree with this, there is no such a thing. If you really know that the service you offer and your time is more valuable than a $5, go ahead with whatever the price you think is fair. Its not good to have prices which are too good to be true, because some valuable buyers might stay away from such gigs.

39 minutes ago, misterfox1986 said:

Да, начальная цена не имеет значения, вопрос в том, как вы можете предоставить услуги, на которые вы способны. так что не думайте больше о 5 $ ... можете начинать все, что хотите.

По моему опыту в качестве нового продавца, у меня смешанная ценность с разными концертами, я пытаюсь заставить некоторые детали работать по меньшей цене по сравнению с другими, которые представляют собой более сложные услуги для сбалансированного ценообразования и увеличения возможностей заработать больше. 

Это мое мнение, этого можно избежать. Спасибо. 

I know this is out of topic, but how did this become... like this? Seems like this got translated, curious as to how or why. Anyone know? 😂

2 hours ago, misterfox1986 said:

I'm not really sure. I registered yesterday afternoon and started providing video editing services. However, I don't know for sure: am I overpriced or underpriced?🤔

Безымянный.png

I think as a new seller it's good. Once you stand up in this marketplace then increase your prices relate with your services given😊

On 26.06.2021 at 02:30, theratypist said:

Я знаю, что это не по теме, но как это стало ... таким? Похоже, это было переведено, любопытно, как и почему. Кто-нибудь знает? 😂

The Google browser must have somehow saved the translation. The translator is in automatic mode, so sometimes it gets in the way more than it helps, and it doesn't translate quite right.

On 6/26/2021 at 2:59 AM, theenamulhaque said:

I think price setting is according to your skills. it is not necessary to set the basic price if you set according to your skill then it will be ok. for Good buyer price does not matter, matter is the service you provide. I hope you understand...

To begin with, I want to check how realistic it is to make a profit on the Internet. So I decided to lower prices to attract people.
As they say in Russia: a generosity fair)

Just don't get suckered into doing a 6 or 8 hour job for $5. You will want to pull your hair out!

Be very clear in your Gig description how many minutes or however long a video you will edit for $xx. Perhaps also set up a FAQ within your Gig (there is a section you can fill out for that) so that you cover any other questions one may have.

Never do work before someone orders - do not give a sample that is exclusively for them - if they want to see what you can do, you should have a portfolio or You Tube channel for that - check the approved links first though of where you can send potential buyers to see your finished work.

Never offer "unlimited revisions" especially in your line of work - again, you will be tearing your hair out. Limit revisions if you must have them to say 1 or 2 - 3 max.

While it can be a dumpster fire, many new sellers will check out the Buyer's Request section to see if there are any interesting things there. You can find Buyer's Requests on your Dashboard under the More section.

If sending a Custom Offer for a Buyer, NEVER begin work on it until they accept the offer and it is showing in your Gig queue.

Since you do video editing, it would seem you may also be able to branch out a bit and offer other Gigs that could be associated with that - wouldn't creating a You Tube Gig thumbnail be one?

GG

On 6/26/2021 at 2:00 AM, zero_doshomik said:

you can create different gig for other video...can't you?

When I first posted my services, I didn't know that I could offer the same thing several times under different names and descriptions. I'm going to do it today)
Thank U 

On 6/25/2021 at 9:08 AM, kreativzak said:

If you are a new seller, then you should start from $5. For more experienced sellers, they should charge according to their competitor's pricing and their own talent plus experience. 

Your advice isn't ideal. Just because you're new to the site doesn't mean you should lowball your prices. I'm not saying not to have competitive pricing, but no one in their right mind would offer a $5 package if it takes them a few hours to complete.

Archived