Would you welcome a paid Fiverr membership (as a seller)?

raghnalltuathai

I don't mind. But Fiverr then should reconsider the 20% of each sale.

It's better if Fiverr can focus more on the credibility of the new sellers upon entry(skills and spam-free). Because the gaining numbers of incapable sellers can harm the reputation and also it will discourage a genuine skilled new seller as he gains lesser trust from the buyers as a result .

Edited by lawan21
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, england_ideas said:

In my views  freelancers in Pakistan have created a group of themselves who sell their courses and sell their courses by giving them the lollipops of becoming rich.

I think you should focus on yourself first rather than focusing on those groups an petty things. You have been on Fiverr since June 2022 and have made 1 sale yet. So you should think about how to get orders etc.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, england_ideas said:

In my views  freelancers in Pakistan have created a group of themselves who sell their courses and sell their courses by giving them the lollipops of becoming rich.

And in my view you are going way over the edge with a comment like this. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2023 at 5:16 PM, england_ideas said:

This has actually been discussed many times here on the forum. There is actually a small group of countries (4 at present) which make up the vast majority of sellers we see that fabricate their qualifications, locations, English proficiency and steal their portfolio samples. There have been links posted to the YouTube videos that offer the "get rich quick" advice as well, and in at least one case, there is a government sponsoring this activity, although it appears that the government is merely promoting freelancing, while the YouTube "gurus" often offer advice as to how to cheat the system and appear as a qualified seller without any actual qualifications. 

To your point specifically, a small group of us have called for a "pay wall" that would charge a monthly fee to sell on Fiverr. This would largely reduce this problem in all countries including the big 4. So far they have not enacted it, but we are hopeful. 

• Like 9
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

i DO get the feeling it will help...at least quite a bit. Am I terrible person to say this???

No, you are realistic and business minded.  There is a reason why McDonald's charges half a million just for the "franchise fee" to make sure you are serious.  Then the rest of the fees to actually start the restaurant kick in. Imagine if every street vendor with a charcoal grill and some leftover kebobs from their sister's wedding could hang a McDonald's sign?  Wait, that would be Fiverr. $250 per month to sell on Fiverr seems highly reasonable. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1