What can sellers do when buyers are trying to steal their products

erangasiri

Question

Hi,

My, niche is graphic designing> logo. First of all I know some times we cannot satisfied the buyers with the designs and have to accept the refunds. No, offence I'm ok with that and I'm happy to give a refund to if the buyer not satisfied. However we all know some buyers are doing the opposite to that and they ask for refund for nothing even the requirements meeting 100%. Recently I got an order from a client like that and I did exactly as he requested. Also I'm offering unlimited revisions he's not letting me to do even a one revisions. He just yelling at me "I don't like, I don't want etc.". When I asked about the revisions he keeps yelling at me that he don't need revisions and just want to cancel. So I'm guessing that he is trying to steal my works. 

If anyone can help me on this that would be very helpful.

Thank you

17 answers to this question

On 6/24/2021 at 9:56 PM, erangasiri said:

So I'm guessing that he is trying to steal my works.

Careful.

You don't know that for sure and Buyers use this Forum as well.

You are better off letting it go than accusing someone of something you don't have solid proof to back up.

That's not very professional.

i have faced similar problem, the buyer ask for test sample before finalize the order, i am a new seller, so want to show the buyer as a sample test, and said, it is not what he want, i ask for detail explanation, he said please read carefully and then become silence. so, i was wrong to agree with a test... 

33 minutes ago, erangasiri said:

But this client I'm pretty sure he is trying to steal my works

As per Fiverr's Terms of Service, if the order is cancelled (for any reason), the buyer doesn't have the legal rights to use your work.

You can try checking (now or later) on the internet if your work is in use. If it is in use now, you can politely inform the buyer that they're not allowed to use your work until the order is marked as complete, and refuse to cancel (prepare for a bad review in that case). If the order gets cancelled and you discover that your work is used, you can show the proof to Customer Support and let them deal with it (and they might reimburse you).

Keep in mind, though, that someone being rude doesn't necessarily mean that they're a thief, too. Maybe they really hate your work and are now behind the schedule because they got something they're not going to use. Maybe they're the middleman and their client hates your work and threatens to fire them, so they're taking out their frustration on you (which they shouldn't do, of course, but it's still not a proof that they intend to steal from you).

@catwriter @katakatica I'm agree with both of you seller or fiverr cannot force buyer to accept a delivery that they don't like. Also, I'm totally agree with any client to give a refund if they doesn't meet their requirements and I have mentioned it clearly in my gig. 

However, today 3-4 hours before I post this topic. I deliver to to a client his designs. He behaved like he lost his mind and keeps yelling at me and used inappropriate words. I reported them and I'm okay to give him a refund and I had given refunds some of my past clients who doesn't like my works and it is totally ok with me. But this client I'm pretty sure he is trying to steal my works, his behavior and use of the language made me he is doing that.

1 hour ago, erangasiri said:

This is a possibility, but you also might be dealing with someone who's just not fond of your work/style. (Why would they order from you then granted that your examples are similar (I'm assuming they are) is a different question...) 

I personally would never cancel an order like this, but I'm not one for confrontation. But another perspective is that not everyone views (especially art) the same way. You might think it's exactly what they've asked for... but there could have been miscommunication or they just simply don't like how what they've asked for on 'paper' (well, digital paper in this case.)

19 minutes ago, erangasiri said:

Is there anything from the fiverr CS?

Fiverr CS typically says that they can't force the buyer to accept the delivery they're not happy with.

You can try asking them yourself and see what they say.

1 hour ago, erangasiri said:

Not necessarily. Sometimes buyers feel that what they've received is of such poor quality (or that their instructions were not followed at all) that asking for revisions would only mean that they'd waste even more time while still being unlikely to get what they want/need.

Archived