My Awesome Fiverr Experience :-*

sepehrsatt

Hello my fellow sellers and other people :slight_smile: 
So I was working on fiverr, doing my thing, making some side money and going about my life until a few days ago when I woke up to an email where it said:

https://ibb.co/64NCTGR

I saw my main gig with 4 active orders is deleted due to breaking the rules.
So I go and open this topic:

https://forum.fiverr.com/t/gig-removed-by-mistake/657019/2

And opened a ticket for fiverr support.

After a very long conversation with an semi robotic fiverr support whom screamed "I can't do ANYTHING for you" but my persistent made her go to get some real answers about deleting my time and work.
So she goes and comes back after a day with the reason for deletion, this was the reason:

https://ibb.co/2hWzW57

So I go and start to create a new gig when I see this:

https://ibb.co/gv2S2Fp

So not only they offer reddit as a service when you're creating your gig
but also
No where on the whole fiverr website terms of service or anywhere they mention if we offer a reddit service, our gig will be deleted

Now of course any living being in the universe knows offering reddit services in fiverr costs gig deletion, it's like 123.

Now, my 5 star rating turned into N/A and my main gig is gone basically I have to start from scratch 

So I think I got one of the awesomest Fiverr experiences out there, I just wanted to put this here, share it with you guys, so in future if this issue got fixed and they didn't delete people's work and time for no reason, future knows what our generation went through in these times

This was an awesome experience for me because It made me open accounts on other freelancer websites and not put my whole time on fiverr

I thank fiverr for deleting my 5 star gig with 4 active orders and all of my reviews 🙂

Cheers

3 minutes ago, sepehrsatt said:

No where on the whole fiverr website terms of service or anywhere they mention if we offer a reddit service, our gig will be deleted

Reddit is not mentioned in specific, but violating the terms of service of third parties is:

image.thumb.png.b0262b8faf09566fb3b9cf7f6705a4f7.png

Good luck in your endeavors on other platforms.

(Is there a way to resize attached images?)

1 hour ago, enunciator said:

Reddit is not mentioned in specific, but violating the terms of service of third parties is:

image.thumb.png.b0262b8faf09566fb3b9cf7f6705a4f7.png

Good luck in your endeavors on other platforms.

(Is there a way to resize attached images?)

What does that mean though? violating the terms of service of third parties?
This is what happened:
1. Fiverr robot deleted my gig with active orders
2. Fiverr support told me it's because the text "reddit" on my gig
3. There are hundreds of gigs offering reddit service on fiverr right now
4.I never worked on Reddit but it is on my offering social media list, Fiverr has it on their categories when you select the social media work :))) 

In simpler terms:
It's like I offering you a car with yellow color on my car dealership, and then after you asked me to give you the yellow car, I'll throw you out of my car dealership 😄

28 minutes ago, sepehrsatt said:

It's like I offering you a car with yellow color on my car dealership, and then after you asked me to give you the yellow car, I'll throw you out of my car dealership 😄

No, Its more like you're doing a car dealership (a gig) and you got a really good looking stolen car that you're planning to sell under your dealership (doing a terms of service violation) and however it get informed to the authorities (Fiverr) and the court (customer support) issued a sentence that they will revoke your car dealership permit (deny your gig). 😁

11 minutes ago, helloscoopz said:

No, Its more like you're doing a car dealership (a gig) and you got a really good looking stolen car that you're planning to sell under your dealership (doing a terms of service violation) and however it get informed to the authorities (Fiverr) and the court (customer support) issued a sentence that they will revoke your car dealership permit (deny your gig). 😁

Thanks for referring to my 5 Star gig as stolen car, wonder how you got there?
English your second language I figure? 

4 minutes ago, sepehrsatt said:

English your second language I figure? 

How does the language become a thing here? your insecurity? 

6 minutes ago, sepehrsatt said:

Thanks for referring to my 5 Star gig as stolen car, wonder how you got there?

I didn't refer your gig to a stolen car, I referred it to the dealership. Selling unauthorized stuff is referred to selling stolen cars. You seems the one who doesn't understand the language now. Is English your first language? 😁

7 minutes ago, helloscoopz said:

How does the language become a thing here? your insecurity? 

I didn't refer your gig to a stolen car, I referred it to the dealership. Selling unauthorized stuff is referred to selling stolen cars. You seems the one who doesn't understand the language now. Is English your first language? 😁

People like you are the reason for this:
https://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/news/releases/new-oxford-report-shows-freelance-and-microwork-platforms-fail-to-provide-minimum-fairness-standards-for-their-global-workforce/

Always siding with the authority/governments/big companies whoever or whatever they are.

I didn't sold any unauthorized stuff on my gig as I showed on the screen shots:

Reddit is part of the social media list when you're creating your gig, that's why I suspected you don't know much English.
*"Something can't be illegal when the platform is offering it"*

I’m just hopping on this to remind everyone to keep it civil. No need for remarks like the above.

The OP had an experience with Fiverr and needs to vent. That’s their prerogative.

That being said, while ToS may not be super-clear on everything, third party ToS violations is the easiest way to get banned on this platform bar none.

I have no idea what your gig was about OP, but if Fiverr decided to remove it, then it may have been because they were being overly cautious.

On 6/24/2021 at 6:06 PM, frank_d said:

I’m just hopping on this to remind everyone to keep it civil. No need for remarks like the above.

The OP had an experience with Fiverr and needs to vent. That’s their prerogative.

That being said, while ToS may not be super-clear on everything, third party ToS violations is the easiest way to get banned on this platform bar none.

I have no idea what your gig was about OP, but if Fiverr decided to remove it, then it may have been because they were being overly cautious.

We're civil.

your last comment about being too cautious, 
This platform is about working and making a living, it's a sacred doing that makes life, this is not instagram or tiktok where the support won't even talk to you.
Even is ancient times someone who worked would get an answer when the system fired them.

This is why this is becoming a human right issue as I put the link on above comments, oxford university is researching this and hopefully it'll turn into a law.
This should be mandatory and basic for this platforms to have the support for the workers.

micro work platforms recognizing zero rights for workers and doing what they want just because you agreed to a vague terms and condition 

If I did something wrong that caused my gig to be removed, the platform needs make it clear why it cut out the revenue from me and my family, all the reviews are gone and I don't even know why, I'm a 5 star freelancer on all my orders.

and that guy just pushed my buttons when he defended the system, there's always a guy somewhere defending the system until it happens to him too.

On 6/24/2021 at 6:06 PM, frank_d said:

It was this:
https://www.fiverr.com/sepehrsatt/manage-your-social-media-40c2

notice where I list the social medias? reddit was there too on the gig that was removed, support team told me it was because that text ( I never did reddit work)

but fiverr has reddit as the list of digital marketing work when you're creating your gig:

and nowhere on the website it tells me if I put the text "reddit" on my gig it'll be deleted

and even so, if you want to delete my gig for no apparent reason, Okay, if i'm that unlucky,  delete it on day 1 !! not when I worked on my gig for 2 years !

Archived