Buyer cancelling an order after I've already completed the first draft?

jk649029

Hi there, 

I'm looking for some support/advice; I just spent a few hours working on a project for a buyer. The Buyer asked for quick turn around time and I delivered the first draft quickly; after the delivery of the first draft he is asking to cancel "for reasons he would rather not get into," what do I do in this circumstance? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

What is the project about? That sounds ridiculous, I would suspect he just wanted free work. You can battle it out with Customer Support if you want to justify that you did what was asked but if it's not too much I would just cancel the order and block the buyer.

Never send drafts of anything without a watermark.

You can, if the work is for something online, make a google alert for the work.  If it appears online you can put in a dcma request to the website.  Remind the buyer that since they didn't pay for the work, they can't use it ... and you might mention the google alert thing ... politely ...

My sugesstion would be to contact customer support about your concern because there is nothing you can do to refuse it if the buyer is asking for a cancellation.

But I need to clear one thing, If you used the delivery option to deliver your draft, that'd be a problem for you. because you are not allowed to use delivery feature to deliver partial work whatsoever. If you just sent it as a message in the order page or the chat, it would be fine.

One more thing; buyer has said in a follow up message "cancel the order." Does he have to cancel it on his end or do I cancel it myself? I feel as though the cancellation should be on his side? I can't find what the process is. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, jk649029 said:

One more thing; buyer has said in a follow up message "cancel the order." Does he have to cancel it on his end or do I cancel it myself? I feel as though the cancellation should be on his side? I can't find what the process is. Thanks.

They can ask for a cancellation and you have to accept it, or you can ask for cancellation and they have to accept it. Anyways It'll be a mutual cancellation unless the order gets cancelled by resolution center.

12 minutes ago, jk649029 said:

Does he have to cancel it on his end or do I cancel it myself?

The buyer has to make a cancellation request, and you'll have the option to either accept or decline the request. It has to be a mutual agreement to cancel, or if you contact CS, they can cancel it for you.

Sorry, ignore my post! I was still typing, so the post above mine never loaded in, and I just realized we wrote the same thing.

i faced almost same thing.  i guess he was doing outsourcing.   he ask me to write a long story. i completed the task as per his instructions.
later the ask me for revision so many times.  Every time he take long time to reply (then i guess he deliver the order to the real buyer and later get more instructions).  after so many revisions, he suddenly cancel the order.  i Decline . he cancel 3 time, every time i declined.
later he cancelled  (i guess he get my work FREE and sell it to the buyer and earn from my hardworking).
THEN i contacted to customer support.  they are very cooperative, they gave guidelines and instructions. 

11 minutes ago, jk649029 said:

@aminul_islam33it's such a shame; I'm hoping Customer Support gets back to me soon. My completion rate now says 50%; terrible for gaining new buyers.

Yeah, If this project cancel from Fiverr support then it will not affect on order completion rate, but it will affect on your profile (Fiverr algorithm).

Best luck for next projects.

11 hours ago, tanveer1975 said:

i faced almost same thing.  i guess he was doing outsourcing.   he ask me to write a long story. i completed the task as per his instructions.
later the ask me for revision so many times.  Every time he take long time to reply (then i guess he deliver the order to the real buyer and later get more instructions).  after so many revisions, he suddenly cancel the order.  i Decline . he cancel 3 time, every time i declined.
later he cancelled  (i guess he get my work FREE and sell it to the buyer and earn from my hardworking).
THEN i contacted to customer support.  they are very cooperative, they gave guidelines and instructions. 

Thanks to customers support. they are very cooperative.  guide very well.

On 6/24/2021 at 9:50 PM, theratypist said:

What is the project about? That sounds ridiculous, I would suspect he just wanted free work. You can battle it out with Customer Support if you want to justify that you did what was asked but if it's not too much I would just cancel the order and block the buyer.

I'm agree with @theratypist

• 2 weeks later...

Archived