Duplicate Order - Should I ask CS to cancel it?

markhallva

Question

Yesterday I had a buyer submit two orders at the same time.

I'm unsure how exactly that happened, but requirements were only submitted on one of them. When I look at my manage order page, that second order says it's due in 8 hours - but there's no countdown on the order itself.

I understand that the countdown won't start until requirements are submitted, but it does seem odd that it says the order is due later. Is this what it's supposed to look like?

image.png.45f2133622d35536709101b02af44c40.pngimage.png.385d78a57a5b98d1b10457b1820eeeba.png

I'm tempted to ask CS to cancel the order without affecting my stats. For anyone that's dealt with this before: does that work for you, or is it best to just leave it alone?

-Mark

5 answers to this question

Hey Mark, it happens sometimes.

I wouldn't worry about it so much for now. If your buyer doesn't mention anything, I think it's best to leave it alone for now.

To the best of my knowledge ANY order that has been placed but the requirements were not filled out by the buyer for 14 days, are eligible for cancellation WITHOUT any consequences. 

You can open a ticket with CS then, but please note that everybody is constantly messaging them about cancellations that shouldn't count, so they have some very strict policies in place and agents actually no longer control whether it affects your metric or not. It's done automatically.

So waiting 14 days is the safest bet.

12 minutes ago, markhallva said:

Yesterday I had a buyer submit two orders at the same time.

I'm unsure how exactly that happened, but requirements were only submitted on one of them. When I look at my manage order page, that second order says it's due in 8 hours - but there's no countdown on the order itself.

I understand that the countdown won't start until requirements are submitted, but it does seem odd that it says the order is due later. Is this what it's supposed to look like?

image.png.45f2133622d35536709101b02af44c40.pngimage.png.385d78a57a5b98d1b10457b1820eeeba.png

I'm tempted to ask CS to cancel the order without affecting my stats. For anyone that's dealt with this before: does that work for you, or is it best to just leave it alone?

-Mark

Do you have an app?  I had something similar with one of my orders. It was showing that the requirements were not submitted however in the app I could see requirements and the clock was ticking but I still couldn’t deliver the order.
I did reach out to support, they didn’t fix it, said everything looks ok on their end and that O should reach out to client to ask for their requirements in messages and send them time extension request 🤷‍♀️

Do you have an app?  I had something similar with one of my orders. It was showing that the requirements were not submitted however in the app I could see requirements and the clock was ticking but I still couldn’t deliver the order.

Yeah, I've got the Fiverr app - the countdown isn't there either.

I see the "I have everything I need" button, so I'm just going to leave it be. Did you just cancel yours in the end?

Archived