Adding an extra whilst order is in revision

tobiandre

Question

So I have an order that's been sitting in the revision stage since the beginning of this month - they've been responding very slowly. The buyer asked for a large portion of the work to be done again because their client had changed their mind, so we've agreed to add an extra onto the order for the repeated work.

I'm still waiting for a response to my offer for the extra, but I've realised that the 'expected delivery' date on the offer is from when I made the offer. I've had some bad experiences with extras where I've forgotten to add any additional days onto the delivery time, and then it's marked my delivery as late. Although I've added days onto the delivery, will those days only be in addition to the original delivery date, not accounting for the fact that the order has been in revision?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2021-06-24 110533.png

8 answers to this question

Hi there!

This is a well-known bug, and so what I would suggest is to add even more days to the offer you just made.

Inform your client, that this is simply to counter a well-documented bug, and what the actual turn-around time will be.

This is just so you can be extra cautious, as since the order is under modification, them accepting the offer would not affect the timer (it would still show LATE but that's what happens when it's under modification past initial delivery anyway, yet another bug)

4 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Hi there!

This is a well-known bug, and so what I would suggest is to add even more days to the offer you just made.

Inform your client, that this is simply to counter a well-documented bug, and what the actual turn-around time will be.

This is just so you can be extra cautious, as since the order is under modification, them accepting the offer would not affect the timer (it would still show LATE but that's what happens when it's under modification past initial delivery anyway, yet another bug)

Thanks for the quick advice - means a lot. For extras, the maximum extension is 14 days, but the order itself is marked as 20+ days late. Is that anything to worry about?

You are right about that. If the order is "under modification" and not "delivered" it will make no difference.

It still isn't labeled as LATE on the back end, where it counts.

It's just annoying to see the bright red letters, for sure. But I would still add the full 14 days, because I am just paranoid like that. 🙂

EDIT: Also for future reference, just to educate people on how this amazing feature on the forum works, you get to vote on the answer that you think was best and I think the author gets to choose the correct answer, if there is one by clicking on the tick sign on the left.

I got stung with this one a while back. It's still not clear where the additional days start from or if you need to add additional days if it's already in the revision status when the extra is added. CS don't seem willing to re-set late delivery stats even though this is a bug so it's best to be overly cautious with the added time and, like frank_d said, just inform the client that the additional time is a precaution. 

1 minute ago, frank_d said:

You are right about that. If the order is "under modification" and not "delivered" it will make no difference.

It's just annoying to see the bright red letters, for sure. But I would still add the full 14 days, because I am just paranoid like that. 🙂

Amazing, thanks again. I'll go ahead and withdraw that offer and send a new one with the full 14 days. Hopefully they respond, otherwise that'll be a whole other issue haha

6 minutes ago, tobiandre said:

For extras, the maximum extension is 14 days, but the order itself is marked as 20+ days late. Is that anything to worry about?

2 minutes ago, frank_d said:

My takeaway from this is I should not be bothered with the Math of it all. 🤣

Archived