I lost my badges, where are they now? Why am I being treated like a newbie?

matrivgraphics

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, corsogr said:

I read the farcical posts.

I have to say, to all those who participated so far, without exception, that their critique and the problematic they present is very simplistic, easy to answer and tangent with their wishful thinking. I suggest to all of them, taking a break from the forum participation and instead focus on working harder or delivering those orders, if they have any.

If I have to, I will choose to just...maybe throw a bone, to this badge topic that is in "suspended animation".

Imagine someone who had the forum shield icon. He got banned for very long time and now he returned without having it. This means he failed to keep it. According to what you wrote and agreed with your reactions, this means that he no longer knows his stuff and he isn't truly helpful. This is balderdash. 

By deepening, we reflect.

We exist as transmissions. We grow, we grow, we are reborn. We can no longer afford to live with turbulence. Being is the driver of intention. This life is nothing short of a redefining reintegration of archetypal stardust. To embark on the story is to become one with it.

Have you found your journey? How should you navigate this quantum stratosphere? Visitor, look within and inspire yourself.

Knowledge is a constant. Non-locality requires exploration. The dreamscape is beaming with vibrations. It can be difficult to know where to begin. It is time to take science to the next level. Imagine an awakening of what could be. We must synergize ourselves and strengthen others.

41 minutes ago, maitasun said:

We reeeeeeeeeeeeeally need the facepalm emoji. 😬😅

Yes, please. Although, to be honest, that might become one of the most used message-response emojis on this forum. The poor little smiley guy would probably end up with a very sore "forehead". 😛 

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

I didn't know it was clickable! This is an entirely new forum system I had never seen before. What kind of competition is this I wasn't aware of?

It appears to be just for fun, however, it does give some good information about who is most active, helpful, and respected on the forum -- at least the top eight forum users, anyway. 

4 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

What we really need, as I said in another thread, is a forum wide upvote/downvote system, not just in the questions area.

Yes, I agree. I proposed it since the first day, but I guess Fiverr isn't interested and just wants to keep for the "Fiverr Questions" section. 😒

Jumping on this thread, as it is rare to find threads that promote helpful conversation.

I had a call last week with Matt about the forum. 

It was really helpful to talk to him, and try to see what his POV is.

He knows about all of the issues, he is actively trying to think about some solutions.

This will take time.

In the meantime, let me just clarify something about the badges and how I understand the situation:

There are three key metrics on the forum thus far. The badges we all know and love hate, the reputation score and a third one that has yet to be implemented.

The badges are a very superficial gamification mechanism, to drive forum participation.

The reputation score is what actually lets people know whether you are contributing or not.

And the third metric cannot be discussed yet, as I can't say I fully understand it just yet. 🙂

23 minutes ago, corsogr said:

The reputation score is what actually lets me know whether someone participates actively in the emoji games topics and/or posts at the meme thread or not.

You're being a naughty boy again, aren't you? 😉 Out of the eight people with the most reputation on this forum, only one, Vickie, participates in those threads. You can check this for yourself by going to the top member section.

22 minutes ago, ahmwritingco said:

Out of the eight people with the most reputation on this forum, only one, Vickie, participates in those threads.

Lol, and I participate infrequently at that! I peek in there every once in awhile to make sure things are running smoothly. If a puzzle is not being solved by those who take part in the game I will try my hand at it to keep things moving along. 

3 hours ago, frank_d said:

The reputation score is what actually lets people know whether you are contributing or not.

So, @frank_d would you consider the emoji game a place for non contributors as stated above by he who I shall not name? 

I just looked at the leader board. I see two lovely ladies that I have not seen for awhile. I miss them. @offlinehelpers was a gem of a provider of helpful information, much like @lloydsolutionsis now when she has the time to visit here. I also see @eoinfinnegan I miss seeing him here very often too. 

56 minutes ago, corsogr said:

The reputation score is what actually lets me know whether someone participates actively in the emoji games topics and/or posts at the meme thread or not.

I haven’t participated in either as far as I can recall, so your assumption is more broad than accurate.

Archived