New Forum (June 2021) Feedback

miiila

Is the Fiverr Studios category completely gone? Just when I had a plan to post something there, of course, 😄 but if it didn't make the cut because it wasn't getting much use, I understand, of course, can post Studios content in Conversations, after all.

I'm not too sure about even that category, actually:

Conversations

The Conversations category is a kind of catch-all for discussion that doesn't fit in another category. This is a good category for talk about non-Fiverr or Fiverr-related discussion.

Wouldn't it be better to have Fiverr-related conversation // non-Fiverr related conversation separately? 
Edited by miiila
typo ...
  • Like 18
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

• miiila changed the title to New Forum (June 2021) Feedback

@mjensen415 Is the "Members" below our profile pics a placeholder for a "tag line" that we'll be able to choose ourselves (🙏hoping for that, "Members" seems so very superfluous to me, obviously we are, or we wouldn't be here 😄) or is it a fixed thing and here to stay? If the latter, maybe "Member" like in the former forum would be better, it looks a bit weird like this, in plural form, or is that just me? 

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, miiila said:

Is the "Members" below our profile pics a placeholder for a "tag line" that we'll be able to choose ourselves

This is interesting, it never caught my attention until you pointed that out. 😆

1 minute ago, miiila said:

it looks a bit weird like this, in plural form, or is that just me? 

haha, a bit weird but fun for some joke time! Hello, members miiila :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 12
  • Haha 6
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, gongor32 said:

Used to visit forum.fiverr.com but page seems to redirect into blog.fiverr.com. Had to spend some time to find new forum link.

Yes, forum.fiverr.com leads to https://community.fiverr.com/. However, I noticed that too, if you click "Fiverr forum" (the right most one) leads to the blog and clicking the "Fiverr blog" leads to the forum. I think there is a mix up on the links, I'm sure @mjensen415 will look into it 😄

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Here's one thing that I find confusing: It says [topic name] by [forum user], while it's only the same at the time the topic is posted, I think it should better say something like "last reply/comment/activity by".

Here's a screenshot that shows what I mean:

Forums - Fiverr Community.png

• Like 11

img.thumb.PNG.c0c1221a0d79390b401ebcf2a7148ab1.PNG

I would like this highlighted part to be sticky. the sticky part at the moment with Fiverr logo, Events, Blog, Forum, Resources, and become a seller links doesn't make any sense. When I need to access the panel while in a deep read of a thread, I need to scroll all the way up to access the highlighted part which is really inconvenient. This applies to mobile view as well.

• Like 10

frank_d
This post was recognized by frank_d!

"What a great idea!"

melanielm was awarded the badge 'Superstar' and 25 points.

I have another suggestion. How about those lovely up-vote and down-vote arrows on ALL topics. That way, we can move the annoying "Thanks. 🙂 Good idea" posts way to the bottom and people can see the actual answers at the top?

• Like 14

3 hours ago, melanielm said:

Can we make suggestions here? I'd love a "Go to the Top" button so my scroll wheel finger can rest.

Sure, please do 🙂  in the official new forum thread or somewhere such I read that we should post feedback here in this category, and I thought a whole topic for just my own one or two pence was a bit overkill, so I worded the thread title open on purpose, for anyone to add their feedback if they like. 

• Like 8

@mjensen415 I tried to click on an event, but I get an error.

I clicked several topics in the Community Event category, same for all of them. Most topics there are old, and some closed, I don't know if that's the reason, but the one I clicked first is new, pinned, and an event that's still to happen, was scheduled for Monday, I think.

Community Events.png

Edited by miiila
added screenshot for error code
  • Like 9

On 6/25/2021 at 5:48 AM, melanielm said:

Can we make suggestions here? I'd love a "Go to the Top" button so my scroll wheel finger can rest.

I get past using my scroll finger to scroll to the top by clicking on the side bar near the top and like magic away I go to the top of the post, or forum, whichever I need to. 

• Like 8

Mine just moves me up a little, probably due to the scroll wheel settings, but I can't change that, as I need it that way for something else. A forum button like on the former forum would be better for many people probably.

• Like 8