New Forum (June 2021) Feedback

ze_blender3d

Is it me or do anyone feel that this new forum is quite hard to navigate? I know it a new UI , may need some time to familiarise it. But honestly, old one is more directly and less confusing.

and besides that, did the new forum deleted all our past comments or thread? Can’t find it tho... 

don’t get me wrong, I’m ok with the new forum , just not used to it ... yet haha

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Anyone know the forum software we're using now? I think the last one we used was Discourse. 

I think it still in soft launch, probably all posts will return back soon.

Haha, I think we will get used to this eventually. 😀

This one is based on the invision community platform.

Hi there!

it definitely takes some getting used to, as with all design overhauls.

this section you chose to post your opinion is however reserved for questions that can be answered by the community.

so feel free to post here when you have a fiverr/freelance related question!

Just now, genuineguidance said:

I liked the old forum as far as seeing a list of the newest posts immediately (no matter what category) rather than having to visit separate categories.

GG

We are on the same page on that front.

I will forward that feedback to Matt.

24 minutes ago, ze_blender3d said:

did the new forum deleted all our past comments or thread?

All posts are here !! some categories still under construction and not avilable for view. (As a mod , I even can't access a lot of topics / categories etc)

It looks great to me. Once we get the hang of this, it's going to be more awesome, I guess.  

Do we still have access to older threads? I am trying to find that one particular thread where Fiverr Seller Plus was introduced. I wanted to express my interest if I get lucky enough to be invited to that program. But, unfortunately, the forum was on read-only mode, so I couldn't get the chance to do that. 

20 minutes ago, creaxique said:

It looks great to me. Once we get the hang of this, it's going to be more awesome, I guess.  

Do we still have access to older threads? I am trying to find that one particular thread where Fiverr Seller Plus was introduced. I wanted to express my interest if I get lucky enough to be invited to that program. But, unfortunately, the forum was on read-only mode, so I couldn't get the chance to do that. 

Yes I wanted to apply too to Fiverr Seller Plus. I think old threads are back soon.

3 minutes ago, wp_kid said:

Check this https://community.fiverr.com/forums/?page=2 , it has right side bar. have to toggle this

Screenshot_11.jpg

Thank you for the clarification! I tried clicking both the link you shared and re-clicking the same button but it still shows the same thing I shared earlier. I also attempted to "start new topic" (just to check what's there) and from my end I can only post under Fiverr Questions and Learn from Fiverr, hence probably why I can only see the same categories on the sidebar. Probably not yet activated for non-mods. 

Untitled.png

6 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Thank you for the clarification! I tried clicking both the link you shared and re-clicking the same button but it still shows the same thing I shared earlier. I also attempted to "start new topic" (just to check what's there) and from my end I can only post under Fiverr Questions and Learn from Fiverr, hence probably why I can only see the same categories on the sidebar. Probably not yet activated for non-mods. 

Untitled.png

Not sure what's happening, Will get back to you. 

5 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

The old posts (before the revamp) don't allow me to read or write, they all just say I have no access. 

Also, does anybody know how to reply to a person here? Without using the quote function?

This is because we are posting on the “questions” part of the forum, where technically all users can post answers to the questions asked by the OP, and not talk to each other.

Aye friends, I am sorry but I won't be able to leave any further reactions to your witty and insightful comments today! Anyhow, I'm just glad to have found some extra time to rest and tinker around the new forum! 

How many reactions can we leave in a day? I guess that is there to prevent spam? But I just genuinely liked giving them out when I found a comment useful or as a thank you for the response which was never an issue before.

--

And since I cannot leave any further reactions today, I will leave everyone with a thank you ahead.

"Thank you dears for reading my post  🍀💖🤩 

Untitled.png

On 6/23/2021 at 1:21 PM, theratypist said:

How many reactions can we leave in a day? I guess that is there to prevent spam? But I just genuinely liked giving them out when I found a comment useful or as a thank you for the response which was never an issue before.

Great catch. Thank you. I've updated it. Please react away! 

Is the Fiverr Studios category completely gone? Just when I had a plan to post something there, of course, 😄 but if it didn't make the cut because it wasn't getting much use, I understand, of course, can post Studios content in Conversations, after all.

I'm not too sure about even that category, actually:

Conversations

The Conversations category is a kind of catch-all for discussion that doesn't fit in another category. This is a good category for talk about non-Fiverr or Fiverr-related discussion.

Wouldn't it be better to have Fiverr-related conversation // non-Fiverr related conversation separately? 

• miiila changed the title to New Forum (June 2021) Feedback
On 6/23/2021 at 11:52 AM, wp_kid said:

Check/Uncheck categories from right sidebar.

Took me quite a moment to find that. It's not very intuitive once you actually are in the forum screen. Multiple menus to access the same thing is a bit weird, but maybe I'm just old and not techy enough for these newfangled designs. 😉 

Archived