"In order to see where we're going, we need to understand where we have been."

frank_d

Where are you right now on your Fiverr journey?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes your current situation?

• I am a new seller, still trying to figure out how things work, no sales as of yet.
    • My gigs used to perform really well, but I am faced with a sudden slowdown in both sales/messages for the past couple of months.
    • I made a few sales back when I started, but then it all kind of stopped.
    • I make the occasional sale, but nothing consistent.
    • My sales/messages come and go in waves, with no apparent reason each time.
    • I am enjoying a steady stream of sales and I am doing well consistently.

Hey everyone and welcome to the new forum!

I wanted to post a poll and get a better understanding of where people are right now on Fiverr, as there are a couple of Fiverr events/programs I am currently involved in and I want to make sure we can help as many people as possible.

If you have a minute, please vote on the poll or reply with your current situation if it's not reflected by the options I included.

Thank you!

I can't really decide between #2, 5, 6 for what describes it best, it's kind of a mix between them, and more often than not, it's not "no apparent reason" but I probably know the reason, but great to see that so far #6 has the most votes!

In my case, I am dealing with a severe issue where people place large orders without my consent, and that pushed me from my regular ranking. Notified the Fiverr team that we need to have some sort of system in place where we can lock our packages and not have people order 10x or 20x the amount. It should be the seller's choice if they want to get 10x or 20x the amlunt of work, not have it automatically pushed on them. 

Hopefully this feature is added sooner rather than later, I know other platforms have it already, and it's quite the lifesaver at least for someone like me. I am sure people with very high pricepoints don't have such issues.. 

19 minutes ago, melanielm said:

If you do create an event/content for us specifically, I'd love to learn best practices to manage workload.

I'm not sure I can announce the specifics just yet, but there is an event I was asked to host soon, focused on seller workflow. 

Please, everyone, keep those suggestions coming, as I am now writing the outline of the subject matter.

I replied that I'm doing consistently well, since I end up making enough every month, but it varies a lot. I can have great months and "meh" months, and the number of contacts fluctuates wildly. But for some reason something always comes up when needed, so I don't have zero months any more. I do seem to hit a ceiling though, when I get to certain values it looks like things dry up for a bit to compensate. I'd like some more consistency and ongoing work.

Aw man, knock on wood. I've been doing really well for about 2.5 years now but there is always this feeling that it could all dry up at any time. I'm confident in my work, but sometimes I feel like I'm more consistently lucky than I am consistently anything else.

I just got cast in a web series for a small role and the producer loves my work so I'm hoping I might have my foot in the door in the industry in case Fiverr ever becomes obsolete for me. But I love selling here so I hope it lasts a long time ❤

At the start it was in waves of 2-3 buyers, but now I'm in my first "getting messages every day" phase. In the last three months I've made almost x1.5 of what I've made in my first six months on Fiverr. I may or may not hit Level 2 by the end of the year (and this is my 11th month selling on here).

I'm in the process of upskilling (mixing, mastering, some fields of design). I bought a lot of new software and I'm thinking of subscribing to cheap stock photo services and one for fonts too. This way I can start doing stuff like book covers and finally put my [humbly, eh] pro photoshopping abilities at work with Affinity with a new gig.

Archived