Buyer want to cancel order after 80% done . What should I do

The situation goes like this , a buyer order a project from me. After 3 days of work , I was almost 90% done and the next thing I know is the buyer want to cancel the work. Reason is “ I don’t need it anymore”
I also can’t deliver to the buyer, because the project is not complete and if I just submit like that , it’s violate Fiverr TOS .

So my question is that buyer can just troll the seller and mess us around.
They can just order a 5 days project, and after 4 days (85%done), they will ask for a cancellation and refund.
And what can seller do ? Just cancel and let your 85%of the work go to waste.

• Like 5

He can’t get away with it… politely let him know he can’t decide not to pay you and chicken out on his initial premises.

P.S.: this forum is getting turned off in a few hours, I think, because in five days a new one will open!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry about your this experience. I have faced same problem , I preferred to cancel the order instead of getting negative feedback because buyer has changed his mind without any reason. We can't do anything except just let them go and focus to our next project. Cancelation rate will be completed after sometime but Negative feedback will remain permanently on your profile. 

Don't get upset , It's a journey of good and bad experiences. Good Luck :)

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

It is part of success. You ensure your buyer That you give top quality work and ask him what he want. Just manage. But you do not accept cancel form buyer. if you not possible then you send cancel request. 

Edited by monirthuin
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/17/2021 at 8:05 AM, ze_blender3d said:

They can just order a 5 days project, and after 4 days (85%done), they will ask for a cancellation and refund.

Sorry for your unfortunate experience. I know you put a lot of hard work to it but the most likely thing you can do is to cancel the order instead. If you do persist to deliver the order (a completed version), the buyer may still refuse to accept it or maybe accept it yet leave a rating about what happened (which possibly may be negative). You can try to reason out with the buyer. 

However, please try to reach out to Customer Support and see what they can do or advise https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

Do let us know how it plays out! I am curious as well as to protocol on this.

• Like 1

Hello to all , 

Recently one person contacted me regarding a shopping site bot !

He chatted with me from his main account but requested me to send custom offer to another account (which was new and my order was 1st order on that account)

I delivered him everything I mentioned in my offer with a video proof !

After delivery he requested me for source code which I declined because that was not part of order !

After that he told me that your bot is not allowing more than 1 account I'm going to cancel it ! (All this chat was going on via his main account)

(However my bot has nothing to do with account)

I tried to make him understand but of no use , he raised a dispute to cancel order which I declined and since then I'm constantly trying to contact to him via both of his accounts but of no use he isn't replying to any of my message !

I even contacted Customer Support they told me that they can't do anything except sending him a message to ask him to reply to you !

The buyer came again and raised a dispute to cancel again ! But didn't responded to any of message again.

Can i receive any help !

(I know my bot is 100% okay and even in my custom offer I've clearly mentioned in my terms and conditions that order can't be cancelled)

The customer support have raised up their hands stating they can't do anything !

16 hours ago, akshatjain5 said:

Hello to all , 

Recently one person contacted me regarding a shopping site bot !

He chatted with me from his main account but requested me to send custom offer to another account (which was new and my order was 1st order on that account)

I delivered him everything I mentioned in my offer with a video proof !

After delivery he requested me for source code which I declined because that was not part of order !

After that he told me that your bot is not allowing more than 1 account I'm going to cancel it ! (All this chat was going on via his main account)

(However my bot has nothing to do with account)

I tried to make him understand but of no use , he raised a dispute to cancel order which I declined and since then I'm constantly trying to contact to him via both of his accounts but of no use he isn't replying to any of my message !

I even contacted Customer Support they told me that they can't do anything except sending him a message to ask him to reply to you !

The buyer came again and raised a dispute to cancel again ! But didn't responded to any of message again.

Can i receive any help !

(I know my bot is 100% okay and even in my custom offer I've clearly mentioned in my terms and conditions that order can't be cancelled)

The customer support have raised up their hands stating they can't do anything !

Please stop spamming the forum with the same post. You already have a topic (more than one actually) open about your experience. It is against the Forum guidelines to post about your questions on someone’s thread.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

10 minutes ago, ligiacarvalho said:

Please stop spamming the forum with the same post.

I am off to report him! 

I report all the spam that I see. I don’t know if they are checking all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/4/2021 at 3:21 AM, ligiacarvalho said:

Please stop spamming the forum with the same post. You already have a topic (more than one actually) open about your experience. It is against the Forum guidelines to post about your questions on someone’s thread.

I was not knowing about this !

I'm new to Fiverr and hence Fiverr Forum.

Moreover I was more concerned about what to do if buyer do these kinds of things maybe due to that I performed some actions which are against guidelines .

1 minute ago, akshatjain5 said:

Moreover I was more concerned about what to do if buyer do these kinds of things maybe due to that I performed some actions which are against guidelines .

Just cancel the order. You can keep going back and forth with the buyer if you want.

On 6/17/2021 at 5:35 AM, ze_blender3d said:

The situation goes like this , a buyer order a project from me. After 3 days of work , I was almost 90% done and the next thing I know is the buyer want to cancel the work. Reason is “ I don’t need it anymore”
I also can’t deliver to the buyer, because the project is not complete and if I just submit like that , it’s violate Fiverr TOS .

So my question is that buyer can just troll the seller and mess us around.

Its an unprofessional approach from buyer but you can't much do anything about it. You can try contacting seller support but I don't think they can do anything about it because order was not delivered yet. But still contact seller support and tell them not to reduce your order completion rate because it wasn't your mistake.

3 minutes ago, rohitck007 said:

If you cancel the order, you could actually finish the work anyway and use it as a portfolio sample 🙂 See the bright side.

Posted (edited)

sorry about this, the best solution for you is cancel and proceed to focus on next order, if he/she doesn't like it, nothing you can do, 1% of clients request cancelation, so very small % anyway!

Edited by mark_deen