Buyer want to cancel order after 80% done . What should I do

ze_blender3d

The situation goes like this , a buyer order a project from me. After 3 days of work , I was almost 90% done and the next thing I know is the buyer want to cancel the work. Reason is “ I don’t need it anymore”
I also can’t deliver to the buyer, because the project is not complete and if I just submit like that , it’s violate Fiverr TOS .

So my question is that buyer can just troll the seller and mess us around.
They can just order a 5 days project, and after 4 days (85%done), they will ask for a cancellation and refund.
And what can seller do ? Just cancel and let your 85%of the work go to waste.

He can’t get away with it… politely let him know he can’t decide not to pay you and chicken out on his initial premises.

P.S.: this forum is getting turned off in a few hours, I think, because in five days a new one will open!

• 2 weeks later...

The situation goes like this , a buyer order a project from me. After 3 days of work , I was almost 90% done and the next thing I know is the buyer want to cancel the work. Reason is “ I don’t need it anymore” . I also can’t deliver to the buyer, because the project is not complete and if I just submit like that , it’s violate Fiverr TOS . …

So my question is that buyer can just troll the seller here, they can just order from us. And once we are 80-90% done, they can ask for the current working file ( to check the progress) after they receive ,they can just ask to cancel the order. So what can we do about it? Nothing. We can't deliver incomplete order, just let our 90% of work go to waste. 

3 hours ago, kreativzak said:

I strongly recommend that you behave professionally and politely talk to the buyer about this. 

You should contact the Fiverr Resolution Center on the order page as soon as possible.

Don't use the resolution center.

How long as the order been open? Have you already responded to the buyer about them wanting to cancel?

I am sorry about your this experience. I have faced same problem , I preferred to cancel the order instead of getting negative feedback because buyer has changed his mind without any reason. We can't do anything except just let them go and focus to our next project. Cancelation rate will be completed after sometime but Negative feedback will remain permanently on your profile. 

Don't get upset , It's a journey of good and bad experiences. Good Luck :)

On 6/17/2021 at 8:05 AM, ze_blender3d said:

They can just order a 5 days project, and after 4 days (85%done), they will ask for a cancellation and refund.

Sorry for your unfortunate experience. I know you put a lot of hard work to it but the most likely thing you can do is to cancel the order instead. If you do persist to deliver the order (a completed version), the buyer may still refuse to accept it or maybe accept it yet leave a rating about what happened (which possibly may be negative). You can try to reason out with the buyer. 

However, please try to reach out to Customer Support and see what they can do or advise https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

Do let us know how it plays out! I am curious as well as to protocol on this.

On 6/17/2021 at 5:35 AM, ze_blender3d said:

The situation goes like this , a buyer order a project from me. After 3 days of work , I was almost 90% done and the next thing I know is the buyer want to cancel the work. Reason is “ I don’t need it anymore”
I also can’t deliver to the buyer, because the project is not complete and if I just submit like that , it’s violate Fiverr TOS .

So my question is that buyer can just troll the seller and mess us around.

Its an unprofessional approach from buyer but you can't much do anything about it. You can try contacting seller support but I don't think they can do anything about it because order was not delivered yet. But still contact seller support and tell them not to reduce your order completion rate because it wasn't your mistake.

3 minutes ago, rohitck007 said:

If you cancel the order, you could actually finish the work anyway and use it as a portfolio sample 🙂 See the bright side.

Archived