Allow Fiverr Username Change

+1 for changing username (but in the same time not changing urls... so url for profile, gigs will be the same). Should be easy adnt he only way to make it good idea for both sites 🙂

Edited by ann_model
  • Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2021 at 10:42 AM, zelamedia said:

I hope that Fiveer realizes that Businesses evolve and change and with that also most of the time the Branding of the person/company, and not to being able to change a Username I think is a bad design decision, If Fiverr is afraid of too often changes then just allow it every few months and notify all past customers that the name has changed, I don’t see any problem with this. The only static thing of us should be our ID in the Fiverr Database and not our Usernames.

Really I it would be good because at starting a freelancer can not understand about the branding or good username after passing some of month or level they can not change or update the username. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

We know that, there is connection between fiverr and it's username, but sometimes we need to change it. fiverr must give this facility to others. But we can change it by deactivate out account once and again active it. Then there is a way. #muhammadasif #coder_asif

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I hoped something would have been done about this by now. It has not hurt other platforms like Upwork that allow for name changes, i don't see it causing too much of a problem here if implemented.

Edited by jameyvideo
  • Like 14
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

What my suggestion would be to both limit frivolous changes while giving legitimate business an option to change their username would be to make it a paid option once you're reached level 2, with a limit on how often you could change it (maybe one a year or something). If Fiverr charged $25 to change your username, they could make it a deal where you have to hop on a video call with a Fiverr rep so they can confirm the change.

Where I see this option most likely being relevant is people starting with a personal account to do some side-work and then that evolving into a full-time branded business (which happened to me). In that case, being able to update your username to reflect that change in your account usage would be very helpful.

• Like 14
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Your username is your unique identity on Fiverr and it cannot be changed. If you want to use another username, you need to close your account and create a new one. If you would like to use the email address in your current account for your new account, please change it before closing it.

To change your email address:

1. Go to your Profile Settings.
  2. Enter your new email and click Save.
  3. You’ll receive an email to your current email address requesting to confirm the change. Once the change is confirmed, you’ll receive another email to your new email address finalizing the change.

If you have previously verified your phone number:

You will receive an email confirmation of your new email address. Click on the link in the email to continue. After clicking on the link in the confirmation email, you will receive an SMS phone code to finalize the change.

If you don’t have access to your current email address, complete the phone verification process to receive the confirmation message to your new email.

• Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1