Do you check in with buyer before auto complete?

bethanyvo

Hi all:) Everyone has orders that auto complete with no word from the buyer.

The buyers reasons for letting an order automatically complete can be varied- but I wondered if anyone routinely checks in with the buyer a day beforehand - just in case they really wanted something revised, but didn’t say anything. Any thoughts on this?

Sounds like something that you could definitely do.

But should you though?

I mean I am all up for creating delight and offering a wonderful experience, but past initial delivery pinging them without a prompt could backfire in a lot of ways.

Sounds like something that you could definitely do.

But should you though?

I mean I am all up for creating delight and offering a wonderful experience, but past initial delivery pinging them without a prompt could backfire in a lot of ways.

past initial delivery pinging them without a prompt could backfire in a lot of ways

100% agreeing with Frank here. If they need something from you, then will definitely ask for a revision. Or they will thank you. I try to avoid disturbing customers, I know everyone is busy, not to mention we are working with lots of timezones. So, I just wait for any input!

I come from a long history in customer service- and a check in under these circumstances would have always been best practice in all my past experiences. Fiverr may be a more “detached” customer service model though- so I was wondering what the best way was:)

I won’t check in. I don’t like to be bothered by freelancers myself, so I won’t bother my clients.
If I haven’t heard from them after delivery, I simply assume they’re either happy with the work, or are too busy to check right away. No need to pressure them into responding, it might be considered intrusive.
In fact, it might be counterproductive for you, because you’re giving them an opening to ask for revisions (“Now that you mention it…”)

If they’re not happy, you’ll hear from them anyway.

I come from a long history in customer service- and a check in under these circumstances would have always been best practice in all my past experiences. Fiverr may be a more “detached” customer service model though- so I was wondering what the best way was:)

Fiverr may be a more “detached” customer service model though- so I was wondering what the best way was:)

It’s better to wait for input from your customers. Contacting them might be perceived like nagging/bothering, you never know who’s on the other side. If they need something, they will let you know. At least that’s how I treat it, and I didn’t have any issues.

I only send a brief and friendly reminder that an order is automatically closed by Fiverr after 72 hours elapsed from delivery to brand new buyers on the platform who very likely don’t know that occurs.

To anyone else, it’s radio silence unless they contact me first.

I won’t check in. I don’t like to be bothered by freelancers myself, so I won’t bother my clients.

If I haven’t heard from them after delivery, I simply assume they’re either happy with the work, or are too busy to check right away. No need to pressure them into responding, it might be considered intrusive.

In fact, it might be counterproductive for you, because you’re giving them an opening to ask for revisions (“Now that you mention it…”)

Sometimes people are only a little bit unhappy. Not enough to make them ask for an actual revision-just enough to make them drop contact. I agree that pestering the buyer is not good- and that inquiring about the job may open up revision requests that may not have happened.

It’s a 50/50 call I suppose because they could end up either annoyed by the follow up or much happier with the service in the end- and you could end up with a repeat client.

Annoyed is worse though 😊 So I’ll stick with radio silence 👍

Sometimes people are only a little bit unhappy. Not enough to make them ask for an actual revision-just enough to make them drop contact. I agree that pestering the buyer is not good- and that inquiring about the job may open up revision requests that may not have happened.

It’s a 50/50 call I suppose because they could end up either annoyed by the follow up or much happier with the service in the end- and you could end up with a repeat client.

It’s a 50/50 call I suppose because they could end up either annoyed by the follow up or much happier with the service in the end.

I guess to avoid a follow-up before auto complete. Include the supposed follow-up message upon delivery about wanting anything revised. So it would also count as the last message they would have seen that you indeed were open to revisions.

I agree!

It’s a 50/50 call I suppose because they could end up either annoyed by the follow up or much happier with the service in the end.

I guess to avoid a follow-up before auto complete. Include the supposed follow-up message upon delivery about wanting anything revised. So it would also count as the last message they would have seen that you indeed were open to revisions.

I agree!

Include the supposed follow-up message upon delivery about wanting anything revised.

Fantastic idea- best of both worlds.

Archived