Seller with 600+ Orders, ask me anything

batmanshome

Hello everyone,

My name is Peter and I have been on Fiverr since it launched back in 2010, making me one of the longest tenured sellers on this site. During that time, I have received over 600 orders and learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you on your journey with this website.

So go ahead, ask me anything!

Peter

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

If I may ask, for the first question: Why an AMA?

Hi there and thanks for replying!

Great question! The simple answer is that I love helping people. The longer answer is that this website and community has done so much for me that I feel compelled to help whomever I can, especially people who are just starting off on their Fiverr journey.

Hope that answers it for you!

I have 3 gig on the second page but the buyer didn’t knock me.

Hi @mizan646462789m

It shows you are on community page for the first time so I warmly welcome you to the Fiverr community.

What is second page is all about?

Well about the buyers raising order towards your gigs can be explained by @batmanshome and @imagination7413 at this movement from their long journey experiences and greater knowledge on fiverr community.

Good luck for you!

@vjagadish

Hi there Peter and welcome to the Fiverr forum.

Glad to see you are here to help people, even if it took 11 years for you to make that decision. 🙂

People who have lived through the absolute brutal environment that was Fiverr 1.0 and can still sell gigs today, must be doing something right.

Edit: as someone who has been doing this for a while, my suggestion if you want to help people would be to create a few posts to share some tips or focus on specific aspects of selling on the platform. AMA threads tend to not work as well and are easily derailed.

@batmanshome how to deal with a buyer when he inboxes me? please explain it! 🙂

Hi there and thanks for your question.

When a potential customer messages you the #1 thing to do is communicate that you are in fact an expert in the space you are in. Confidence and reassurance goes a long way when communicating with a client. You should also use this time to evaluate whether or not you can actually do the job they are asking for and if you can do it well. If you don’t think you can meet their needs, it’s better not to work on the order.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Peter

Hi there Peter and welcome to the Fiverr forum.

Glad to see you are here to help people, even if it took 11 years for you to make that decision. 🙂

People who have lived through the absolute brutal environment that was Fiverr 1.0 and can still sell gigs today, must be doing something right.

Edit: as someone who has been doing this for a while, my suggestion if you want to help people would be to create a few posts to share some tips or focus on specific aspects of selling on the platform. AMA threads tend to not work as well and are easily derailed.

Hi Frank, thanks for reaching out and appreciate the feedback.

I’ll definitely take your recommendation and do a few posts and help people that way as well.

And you’re right, the early iterations of Fiverr were quite…interesting. We’ve come a long way!

Hi there and thanks for your question.

When a potential customer messages you the #1 thing to do is communicate that you are in fact an expert in the space you are in. Confidence and reassurance goes a long way when communicating with a client. You should also use this time to evaluate whether or not you can actually do the job they are asking for and if you can do it well. If you don’t think you can meet their needs, it’s better not to work on the order.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Peter

Thank you very much!

As a experienced seller in fiverr. what do you like in fiverr? what changes is needed in fiverr you think?

Hi!

Thanks for your question.

What I love about Fiverr is that it’s a great marketplace for anyone in the world to participate in. If you have a specific skill, you can make some money. Some changes I’d recommend is more around the transaction fees that get charged to the buyers and sellers and some UI recommendations on how the overall platform works.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Peter

1.Stay online

2.Send buyer requests

3.Share your fiverr link in social media

Great tips for anyone just starting out.

Being available is crucial as buyers are quick to move on if you take too long to reply. This is key in the beginning but as you grow and develop a reputation at being an expert in your category, customers will wait for you because they believe you are the best person to help them.

Hope that helps!

i want to know

there is any suggestions for new sellers

One of the more important things is to ensure that your gig has no spelling or grammar mistakes. Even one small typo could lead to lost sales. Why? Because you are indicating that your attention to detail is not there. If English is not your first language and you’re selling to English speaking customers, I’d recommend getting someone to review your gig to make sure it doesn’t have any mistakes in the text. That will go a long way in building confidence with buyers.

Hope that helps.

All my gigs are on the last page. Whenever I publish a new gig it goes to the last page automatically. I can’t find the solution of this type of problem please help me. Thank you

This is totally normal. Fiverr will always promote sellers who have positive reviews and experience in the category you are trying to sell in. The good news is that there are always buyers who like to support people who are just starting out and search for sellers with zero or low reviews. With that in mind, make sure your gig description is well presented with plenty of examples of the work you can do. You have to show these buyers that you are an expert in this area and can deliver top quality work.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Peter

Hi!

Thanks for your question.

What I love about Fiverr is that it’s a great marketplace for anyone in the world to participate in. If you have a specific skill, you can make some money. Some changes I’d recommend is more around the transaction fees that get charged to the buyers and sellers and some UI recommendations on how the overall platform works.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Peter

thank you for your valuable words

Archived