Customer support's instructions caused my Gig to be removed

zorkxa

This is a little bit long with a few issues, so please bear with me.

I saw that the Seller FAQs (https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421198 , right at the bottom) saying that certain URLs are allowed, one of which is ‘blogspot’, so I put my blogspot link into my Gig to let people see my portfolio and examples of my work.

My Gig got suspended. I opened a CS ticket and asked why it was suspended despite the FAQ saying that it was okay to have a blogspot link. CS confirmed that “it is allowed to display links to your work samples in your Gig portfolio”, but asked me to remove my link anyway. I asked again why my link was removed and clarified that my portfolio link serves only as a place to view my work samples, and is not intended nor does it have the capacity to process any orders or payments.

CS just told me “Please be aware that before Gig can be reviewed again and approved the mentioned link would need to be removed first as this matter was already reviewed by our dedicated team.”

So okay, fine, that makes no sense but I suppose it means I need to remove it before I can even discuss whether my link can be put in. However, when I tried to edit my Gig description, the system does not let me navigate to the “description” tab and kept telling me my Gig title has issues. I do not know why because it does not specify. FYI the title was “I will do a cute art or beautiful anime illustration”.

I asked CS again and they said “From what I can see, it appears that your title needs some modifications before submitting your gig for review. Even the smallest changes could help, so try changing your gig title a little, and it should be working.” I thought it meant that the system just needs me to change the title anyway, so I edited a bit of the wording or grammar. I still couldn’t navigate to the description tab to remove my link, so I just submitted it first.

And BAM, my Gig was removed.

This is incredibly frustrating. Not only did the CS not answer my question of why my link wasn’t allowed despite Seller FAQs saying blogspot links are ok, and they themselves saying that links to show work samples are ok, they got my Gig removed! At this point I don’t know if I can even trust that they are going to actually be helping me. I have not received their reply yet about the Gig removal but I don’t have a good feeling about all this. I don’t want to lose all my progress and reviews I’ve had on my Gig.

I saw that the Seller FAQs (https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421198 , right at the bottom) saying that certain URLs are allowed, one of which is ‘blogspot’, so I put my blogspot link into my Gig to let people see my portfolio and examples of my work.

My Gig got suspended. I opened a CS ticket and asked why it was suspended despite the FAQ saying that it was okay to have a blogspot link. CS confirmed that “it is allowed to display links to your work samples in your Gig portfolio”, but asked me to remove my link anyway. I asked again why my link was removed and clarified that my portfolio link serves only as a place to view my work samples, and is not intended nor does it have the capacity to process any orders or payments.

CS just told me “Please be aware that before Gig can be reviewed again and approved the mentioned link would need to be removed first as this matter was already reviewed by our dedicated team.”

So okay, fine, that makes no sense but I suppose it means I need to remove it before I can even discuss whether my link can be put in. However, when I tried to edit my Gig description, the system does not let me navigate to the “description” tab and kept telling me my Gig title has issues. I do not know why because it does not specify. FYI the title was “I will do a cute art or beautiful anime illustration”.

I asked CS again and they said “From what I can see, it appears that your title needs some modifications before submitting your gig for review. Even the smallest changes could help, so try changing your gig title a little, and it should be working.” I thought it meant that the system just needs me to change the title anyway, so I edited a bit of the wording or grammar. I still couldn’t navigate to the description tab to remove my link, so I just submitted it first.

This is incredibly frustrating. Not only did the CS not answer my question of why my link wasn’t allowed despite Seller FAQs saying blogspot links are ok, and they themselves saying that links to show work samples are ok, they got my Gig removed! At this point I don’t know if I can even trust that they are going to actually be helping me. I have not received their reply yet about the Gig removal but I don’t have a good feeling about all this. I don’t want to lose all my progress and reviews I’ve had on my Gig.

It might have been because the link to that blogspot address went to a first page that had a link to your instagram and a link to contact you through email (off-site contact - which isn’t normally allowed) and to some other site (that allows payments). I’m just guessing though.

I don’t know why they can’t say why certain URLs that are in the allowed list aren’t allowed though. They should I think. But it might be they click the link and check what’s there (including what sites the blogspot address links to).

and is not intended nor does it have the capacity to process any orders or payments.

But one of the links on main page of the blogspot address that was used in the gig description is to a site that accepts payments/donations.

Oh sorry to hear this, something similar happened to me a few weeks ago when I requested Fiverr to change my location as I moved to UAE. It send me security check email in which I had to send my selfie and passport picture. However it didn’t accept the picture and suspended my account that was very freaking 😁 anyway I was cleared at last.

It might have been because the link to that blogspot address went to a first page that had a link to your instagram and a link to contact you through email (off-site contact - which isn’t normally allowed) and to some other site (that allows payments). I’m just guessing though.

I don’t know why they can’t say why certain URLs that are in the allowed list aren’t allowed though. They should I think. But it might be they click the link and check what’s there (including what sites the blogspot address links to).

and is not intended nor does it have the capacity to process any orders or payments.

But one of the links on main page of the blogspot address that was used in the gig description is to a site that accepts payments/donations.

Thanks for the reply! I guess that makes sense but I wish they were more specific and clearer in both their FAQs and CS. I suppose I would have to build a page just for Fiverr but for all I know they’re going to tell me that the page links to this and that and the other and somehow links back to me, then my effort would be wasted because they don’t even follow their own rules.

But well now even when I wanted to remove the link, the system didn’t let me. ):

Oh sorry to hear this, something similar happened to me a few weeks ago when I requested Fiverr to change my location as I moved to UAE. It send me security check email in which I had to send my selfie and passport picture. However it didn’t accept the picture and suspended my account that was very freaking 😁 anyway I was cleared at last.

That’s terrible and totally uncalled for! I’m so glad they resolved it in the end though.

Welcome to the forum.

“I will do a cute art or beautiful anime illustration”

Is this the title before or after you changed it?

Looking at lots of Gig titles, descriptions, etc., I didn’t have the impression that Fiverr cares, but that might be changing,

“From what I can see, it appears that your title needs some modifications before submitting your gig for review.

sounds like it, if they specifically point out the title and not the blogspot link in that reply.

(Improbable but just in case, another point that might be wrong with a title is if you changed it in a way that it doesn’t align with the Gig’s permanent URL anymore, if your original title and URL was for something else than your current title is.)

Welcome to the forum.

“I will do a cute art or beautiful anime illustration”

Is this the title before or after you changed it?

Looking at lots of Gig titles, descriptions, etc., I didn’t have the impression that Fiverr cares, but that might be changing,

“From what I can see, it appears that your title needs some modifications before submitting your gig for review.

sounds like it, if they specifically point out the title and not the blogspot link in that reply.

(Improbable but just in case, another point that might be wrong with a title is if you changed it in a way that it doesn’t align with the Gig’s permanent URL anymore, if your original title and URL was for something else than your current title is.)

That was the title before I changed it. I changed it to “I will do cute art or beautiful anime illustrations”. I don’t know what is wrong with my title and CS did not explain either, so I assumed that CS asked me to change just to bypass the system error of not being able to change my Gig description.

It might have been because the link to that blogspot address went to a first page that had a link to your instagram and a link to contact you through email (off-site contact - which isn’t normally allowed) and to some other site (that allows payments).

The above is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

“Need someone to help you write your scientific articles or essays?”

I see you also have a gig which is offering to help prepare academic work, which is also against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Make sure to carefully read and follow the Terms of Service as a violation will risk your account.

It might have been because the link to that blogspot address went to a first page that had a link to your instagram and a link to contact you through email (off-site contact - which isn’t normally allowed) and to some other site (that allows payments).

The above is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

“Need someone to help you write your scientific articles or essays?”

I see you also have a gig which is offering to help prepare academic work, which is also against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Make sure to carefully read and follow the Terms of Service as a violation will risk your account.

I thought academic work refers only not doing student’s school homework?

That was the title before I changed it. I changed it to “I will do cute art or beautiful anime illustrations”. I don’t know what is wrong with my title and CS did not explain either, so I assumed that CS asked me to change just to bypass the system error of not being able to change my Gig description.

I assumed that CS asked me to change just to bypass the system error of not being able to change my Gig description.

If it’s just to bypass something, I guess you can only keep communicating with CS until it gets resolved. Good luck, I hope you’ll get your Gig active again soon!

The blogspot link might well be an issue if it leads to some kind of option to contact/buy from you off-Fiverr, of course.

I assumed that CS asked me to change just to bypass the system error of not being able to change my Gig description.

If it’s just to bypass something, I guess you can only keep communicating with CS until it gets resolved. Good luck, I hope you’ll get your Gig active again soon!

The blogspot link might well be an issue if it leads to some kind of option to contact/buy from you off-Fiverr, of course.

Thank you for your input. And yeah, I am trying to ask the CS.

I get what you mean, but I didn’t think it was an issue because some of the allowed links already provide means of contact. For example, YouTube is allowed, and YouTube can have comments as well as email contact links. Flickr has an option to send private messages. I don’t think it was unreasonable to assume that only direct links to contact, like mailto links, are disallowed. Thus, I wasn’t thinking there is a need to create another page that strictly does not contain links to contacts.

I wish their instructions were clearer or if the CS could really explain exactly what I need to change. Going to ask them again about it.

Archived