How to Browse Gig Requests?

fluffyfox

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

“Buyers are looking for gigs, so when you don’t have any, why would you see requests by buyers?” Because as a bachelor in sales and marketing management I’ve learned that to become successful you should focus on what your buyers want and not what you think you want to offer to them. So I am actually quite disappointed to learn, that I cannot start to make gigs by looking at buyer requests.

• Like 19

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

From the seller standpoint I agree wholeheartedly.

From the buyer standpoint… Well, let’s put it this way: a buyer puts up a request and gets 30 responses. 25 of those are spammy, broken English, unrelated, or people with outrageous offers. The other 5 are perhaps related, perhaps intelligible, perhaps exactly what the buyer wants…

But if you get 25 bad responses from a single subcategory of Fiverr, what would it be like if everyone could see you? Buyers would be drowned in so much spam they’d never come back.

So as publishingmaven said – make some gigs in your strong areas. Especially as you’re just starting out, there’s no penalty to tweaking, deleting, or totally redesigning a gig. Just remember to stay within the ToS when making your gig and conducting your business!

A quick last note regarding Buyers Request… even though you’ll see tons of sellers advertising in Buyers Request, don’t do it! First, it’s ineffective as buyers don’t look at the page, and second, it’s spammy and can get you kicked from the site.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...