// R.I.P? Fiverr is DEAD!

I noticed ever since they added the $2 tax on top of orders + other fees it hasn’t been the same

Yes, I’ve noticed that too. I’m also greatly puzzled when I have 1000s of reviews and only a $10 writing gig when others with the $10 gigs and only a few reviews have ten orders in their queues. I’m guessing they’re paying for advertising.

• Like 1

I think this requiem is a bit premature.

businesswire.com
Press_Page_2B.thumb.jpg.89dacc7300c92017e4b899eb8295ec24.jpg

Freelancers on Fiverr Have Earned Over 2 Billion Dollars

The milestone comes just over a year after announcing the platform’s freelancers earned one billion dollars

Fiverr (NYSE: FVRR), the company that is changing how the world works together, today announced that freelancers selling digital services through its platform have collectively earned over two billion dollars. Notably, half of that two billion was earned in just over a year, as in February 2020 it announced that Fiverr freelancers had earned over one billion dollars since the company’s launch a decade prior.

Some sellers have been doing worse, some better in the last year.

I hope whatever you’re trying out to get more orders again will help you gain traction once more.

• Like 10

I think this requiem is a bit premature.

businesswire.com
fbe90a55cb34722725077c27b18684788df4bc23_2_690x360.jpeg

The milestone comes just over a year after announcing the platform’s freelancers earned one billion dollars

Fiverr (NYSE: FVRR), the company that is changing how the world works together, today announced that freelancers selling digital services through its platform have collectively earned over two billion dollars. Notably, half of that two billion was earned in just over a year, as in February 2020 it announced that Fiverr freelancers had earned over one billion dollars since the company’s launch a decade prior.

Some sellers have been doing worse, some better in the last year.

I hope whatever you’re trying out to get more orders again will help you gain traction once more.

thanks for shearing @miiila lookign forword to it 🙂

Yes, I’ve noticed that too. I’m also greatly puzzled when I have 1000s of reviews and only a $10 writing gig when others with the $10 gigs and only a few reviews have ten orders in their queues. I’m guessing they’re paying for advertising.

I just hopped back on Fiverr again after a while. There’s an option for advertising now?

• Like 2

I just hopped back on Fiverr again after a while. There’s an option for advertising now?

Though per seller the amount might not be all that high. They don’t say how many sellers there are currently. If there’s more than a million that would be an average of less than $2000 per seller in total earned. I think most of the earnings have been made recently but that’s also when there’s been a lot of new sellers joining, increasing competition. So we don’t know how that’s affecting the average earning per day/month per seller.

It’s interesting that they say 5 (and a few more a bit later) of the latest top earning subcategories. They could have given more info on those / and more subcategories. eg. they don’t say whether those are where sellers are on average earning the most (eg. earnings/no. of sellers) or just in total that’s where the most earnings have been recently. But giving more subcategories could have helped those who don’t have the best skills in the given subcategories.

There’s an option for advertising now?

Yes. Though it’s not available for all sellers or for all gigs:

[image] Sometimes even top-rated sellers with excellent reviews need a little assistance getting their Gig in front of new buyers. Why? Because there’s tons of amazing talent to be discovered on Fiverr. But today we’re launching a simple way to help your Gig stand out from the rest, introducing Promoted Gigs. Promoted Gigs provides talented and experienced freelancers on Fiver the opportunity to grow and expand their business with only a few clicks. With Promoted Gigs, high-quality freelancer…

1920x1008-1-1536x806.thumb.jpg.c4fe7e93053de216ee7f4dc2c046215b.jpg

• Like 4

Apologies for the off-topic but @miiila did you briefly join yesterday’s event and then left??

Yes, I couldn’t get the video and audio to work, I kept getting some error and gave up after trying a few times, relogging and such. I’ve had that before with one event, for others, it worked. I hadn’t used gatheround before, so maybe it’s my fault and not my laptop’s. It’s fine, I’ll try to catch next Thursday’s event.

• Like 2

Yes, I couldn’t get the video and audio to work, I kept getting some error and gave up after trying a few times, relogging and such. I’ve had that before with one event, for others, it worked. I hadn’t used gatheround before, so maybe it’s my fault and not my laptop’s. It’s fine, I’ll try to catch next Thursday’s event.

Shame, it would have been cool talking to someone from the forum for a change.

Oh well, maybe next time!

• Like 1

Shame, it would have been cool talking to someone from the forum for a change.

Oh well, maybe next time!

january 20 my all gigs were down. I didn’t receive any new buyer message. Even I didn’t find any of my gig in the search list while using the keywords that is in my gig. Now its 6 month running. half of a year i’m a jobless person.

• Like 1

january 20 my all gigs were down. I didn’t receive any new buyer message. Even I didn’t find any of my gig in the search list while using the keywords that is in my gig. Now its 6 month running. half of a year i’m a jobless person.

6 months is such a long time? when was your last delivery?

• Like 1

6 months is such a long time? when was your last delivery?

last delivery was 2/3 days ago… But its not a new client friend. I was knock my all old clients to get few orders. And i’m lucky to have 2/3 clients they give me few orders. I’m really worried about this situation. Because fiverr is my only one source of earning. What can I do now. What should do in future. Really frustrated i’m

• Like 1

last delivery was 2/3 days ago… But its not a new client friend. I was knock my all old clients to get few orders. And i’m lucky to have 2/3 clients they give me few orders. I’m really worried about this situation. Because fiverr is my only one source of earning. What can I do now. What should do in future. Really frustrated i’m

Follow these things. It might help you.

1. Share your gig on social media Regularly.
  2. Re-brand your profile. Make improvements within your Gigs.
  3. Send buyer requests.
  4. Remain active on the platform.

Apologies for the off-topic but @miiila did you briefly join yesterday’s event and then left??

What event did I miss? 😱

Workshop for Mastering Fiverr’s Communication Best Practices for Sellers

image.png.159f3054f22ff52fcfab8645181b337e.png
image532×522 34.6 KB
  • Like 3

That sounds like it was fun! I enjoyed the last workshop I went to of this type. I even got to meet @frank_d face to face via Zoom at that webinar. Did you go @bintzia? I have been busy with grandkids this week so my attending was not in the stars.

I did, for a minute!

Before my toddler flipped the phone :woman_facepalming:t6:

Next time I will time my attendance within working hours instead of break time with my tiny one 😃

• Like 5

I did, for a minute!

Before my toddler flipped the phone :woman_facepalming:t6:

Next time I will time my attendance within working hours instead of break time with my tiny one 😃

with my tiny one 😃

I have a tiny grandchild too. I mostly get work done during the day when she is asleep.

• Like 5

with my tiny one 😃

I have a tiny grandchild too. I mostly get work done during the day when she is asleep.

I have a tiny grandchild too.

I wish my daughter had a cool grandparent! My dad gets overwhelmed with so much energy lol!

It’s the opposite for me when it comes to working hours!

Early morning, late nights and sporadic day hours!

It’s intriguing how we work around the little ones! 🙂

• Like 4