Bad ratings & reviews on first order!

tantashir

Good grief. Another one of these, “Had a lackluster first review, guess I better start over completely from scratch” threads.

The buyer’s review didn’t completely slam what you delivered to them and doesn’t seem done out of malice.

A less-than-5 star first review definitely does put a new seller in a difficult hole to dig out of when compared to sellers who’ve already had dozens, hundreds, or thousands of positive reviews, but it is definitely doable.

The thing is, even if you put all that effort into recreating an entirely new account and reposting your gigs, what if you get another less-than-five star review as your first/one of your first reviews? Will you be repeating the cycle over and over until hopefully everything goes perfectly?

And what if the 3.7 star review was actually a fair assessment of the order and the next buyer judges your work to be of a similar rating? Then the problem isn’t an overly nit-picky buyer, but yourself. What then?

Let me put it mathematically.

Your current review average is 3.7

With just one 5 star review, it will bump up to 4.35.

With just two 5 star reviews, it will jump to 4.57 and you’ll have Buyer Requests offer privileges returned (if that matters to you).

Let me put it mathematically.

Your current review average is 3.7

With just one 5 star review, it will bump up to 4.35.

With just two 5 star reviews, it will jump to 4.57 and you’ll have Buyer Requests offer privileges returned (if that matters to you).

@enunciator thank u very much brother for your reply,

So, As your opinion-- I should work hard on my existing account right? not creating a new account…

I can’t give an opinion, as the only remaining sample of your work is what was delivered to your Buyer, and I have no clue what was listed in the contract of your gig, nor pricing.

As for what you should do, that is up to you. Seeking free advice from strangers on the internet come with risk, and I suspect you built that gig based on a lie that logo making takes no skill.

Do you want actual advice, or do you want to hear someone tell you what you want to hear? I’m willing to be honest and blunt, but the truth is seldom pretty.

I can’t give an opinion, as the only remaining sample of your work is what was delivered to your Buyer, and I have no clue what was listed in the contract of your gig, nor pricing.

As for what you should do, that is up to you. Seeking free advice from strangers on the internet come with risk, and I suspect you built that gig based on a lie that logo making takes no skill.

Do you want actual advice, or do you want to hear someone tell you what you want to hear? I’m willing to be honest and blunt, but the truth is seldom pretty.

@imagination7413 thanks for ur rply…

I will be a tad mean here - but I have the best intentions.

I don’t think many people would give you a ‘bad’ first review unless they genuinely think your gig is lacking (or they are trying to undermine you, which I don’t think would happen so randomly unless you have beef with the person…) I was once told I’m not good at something I was doing at the time so I found something I’m actually good at and here I am. There’s potential in everyone (…or so I think, but I’m an optimist!)

I do admit that your account is up to a rough start but I’m sure that there are ways to overcome this. If you either hone your graphic designing skills or find something you’re really good at, you probably still stand a chance. (making a new account would… destroy that as it’s against the TOS so…)

I will be a tad mean here - but I have the best intentions.

I don’t think many people would give you a ‘bad’ first review unless they genuinely think your gig is lacking (or they are trying to undermine you, which I don’t think would happen so randomly unless you have beef with the person…) I was once told I’m not good at something I was doing at the time so I found something I’m actually good at and here I am. There’s potential in everyone (…or so I think, but I’m an optimist!)

I do admit that your account is up to a rough start but I’m sure that there are ways to overcome this. If you either hone your graphic designing skills or find something you’re really good at, you probably still stand a chance. (making a new account would… destroy that as it’s against the TOS so…)

@katakatica Thank you very much for your opinion!!!

Archived