Hello Everyone. I'm from Canada and am a new member on this forum

Hello all! I’m Annie from Canada and i’m back on fiverr after being away for a year. I am looking to create some more income and figured this would be a great place to start! I write ebooks on how to create passive income and other forms of income and am also a colour stylist 🙂 I have a really easy time writing content but when it comes to marketing and driving traffic to my gigs from outside avenues I’m not the greatest. I hope to improve on marketing materials my pictures aren’t the most professional but i’ll get there eventually) and also adding more video content. The first and only video I made took 2 hours for a 20 second video clip. lol is this normal???

Nice to meet everyone

Hello all! I’m Annie from Canada and i’m back on fiverr after being away for a year. I am looking to create some more income and figured this would be a great place to start! I write ebooks on how to create passive income and other forms of income and am also a colour stylist 🙂 I have a really easy time writing content but when it comes to marketing and driving traffic to my gigs from outside avenues I’m not the greatest. I hope to improve on marketing materials my pictures aren’t the most professional but i’ll get there eventually) and also adding more video content. The first and only video I made took 2 hours for a 20 second video clip. lol is this normal???

Nice to meet everyone

Welcome to the forum!

The first and only video I made took 2 hours for a 20 second video clip. lol is this normal???

Everyone’s normal varies wildly. My cowboy gig videos took about a whole day to shoot and several hours to edit while my funny/unusual spokesperson gig video took several hours to shoot and a whole day to edit.

I’m sure there are sellers who smash out a gig video in less than 30 minutes, but I have a tendency to make elaborate gig vids. 🤓

As for marketing and promoting outside of Fiver, I haven’t done a single thing and am on Fiverr specifically because sellers do not have to actively hunt down buyers, and buyers (hopefully) come to you. I realize doing outside marketing and networking would likely be a smart thing to do, but I’m not a big fan of trying to sell myself to strangers. :man_shrugging:

Welcome to the forum!

The first and only video I made took 2 hours for a 20 second video clip. lol is this normal???

Everyone’s normal varies wildly. My cowboy gig videos took about a whole day to shoot and several hours to edit while my funny/unusual spokesperson gig video took several hours to shoot and a whole day to edit.

I’m sure there are sellers who smash out a gig video in less than 30 minutes, but I have a tendency to make elaborate gig vids. 🤓

As for marketing and promoting outside of Fiver, I haven’t done a single thing and am on Fiverr specifically because sellers do not have to actively hunt down buyers, and buyers (hopefully) come to you. I realize doing outside marketing and networking would likely be a smart thing to do, but I’m not a big fan of trying to sell myself to strangers. :man_shrugging:

Fiverr specifically because sellers do not have to actively hunt down buyers,

That’s what one of the TRS shared in the fiverr workshop yesterday as well. They believed fiverr does enough to market. They also stated that it wasn’t a perfect response but that’s what they did.

On the contrary there are posts mentioning leveraging reddit/LinkedIn for orders!

The first and only video I made took 2 hours for a 20 second video clip. lol is this normal

A simple 1 minute screencast takes me around 10 minutes to edit and annotate.

A creative video, I’m sure, involves soooooooooo much more in terms of script, VO, editing, what nots!

Archived