My buyer wants to cancel the order after it is completed

nisedits

i delivered and waited 3 days to complete the order. today order got completed but buyer asked to cancel the order. He said he liked my work at first and i also know my work was good enough for $5. But at last he was trying to scam me by cancelling order. i declined the request. will this affect my profile or gig search result? It was also my first order so will I be able to get more orders? I want to continue using Fiverr but this incident is making my hopes down. Please help me

Do not give up!

If you delivered what the buyer ordered, regardless if it was $5 or $5000 - deny their request to cancel. If they send it again, deny again and if you want, explain why you are denying their request.

If it does get cancelled by support (this is if the buyer goes to them and complains they may cancel it), it will affect your Completion Rate and can harm your placement in the pages - I will not mislead you there. But, hopefully, you standing your ground will make this buyer accept what is, and move on. You may want to go to this buyer’s profile after say a week or so - and block them from ordering from you again.

GG

Do not give up!

If you delivered what the buyer ordered, regardless if it was $5 or $5000 - deny their request to cancel. If they send it again, deny again and if you want, explain why you are denying their request.

If it does get cancelled by support (this is if the buyer goes to them and complains they may cancel it), it will affect your Completion Rate and can harm your placement in the pages - I will not mislead you there. But, hopefully, you standing your ground will make this buyer accept what is, and move on. You may want to go to this buyer’s profile after say a week or so - and block them from ordering from you again.

GG

should I make new gigs or the same old gigs can rank now? It is my first order so I am too scared and dunno many things about it. 😦

should I make new gigs or the same old gigs can rank now? It is my first order so I am too scared and dunno many things about it. 😦

If you are a new seller, you can create up to 7 Gigs. They do all need to be unique and different in what they offer - do not create duplicate Gigs.

By being “scared” you are giving away your power. If you intend to be a freelancer for any length of time, you need to grow a backbone…

GG

Hmm. This seems to be your very first order.

If the order closes, the buyer will very likely try to tank you by leaving a one star review. A new seller with a single one star review is an incredibly difficult hurdle to attempt to overcome.

Many would recommend you just accept the cancellation and the loss of income in order to avoid the terrible review, but the negative effects of cancellation will still impact your gig visibility.

This is a bad situation to be caught up in and, unfortunately, there isn’t an optimal solution to get out intact.

Hmm. This seems to be your very first order.

If the order closes, the buyer will very likely try to tank you by leaving a one star review. A new seller with a single one star review is an incredibly difficult hurdle to attempt to overcome.

Many would recommend you just accept the cancellation and the loss of income in order to avoid the terrible review, but the negative effects of cancellation will still impact your gig visibility.

This is a bad situation to be caught up in and, unfortunately, there isn’t an optimal solution to get out intact.

the order is already completed. am pretty sure he downloaded the work after completion and then requested for money back. He said he liked my work but now wants money back saying poor work. he wanna scam me 😦

the order is already completed. am pretty sure he downloaded the work after completion and then requested for money back. He said he liked my work but now wants money back saying poor work. he wanna scam me 😦

the order is already completed.

Completed? I don’t think a buyer can send cancellation requests on a completed/closed order.

Do you mean “delivered” instead of “completed?”

the order is already completed.

Completed? I don’t think a buyer can send cancellation requests on a completed/closed order.

Do you mean “delivered” instead of “completed?”

the order is completed. he wants refund from me.

it wasn’t my mistake i did quality work. isnt there any way to solve it?

Unfortunately, no.

You said it yourself that you were dealing with a scammer who wanted to cancel the order after you delivered.

As aforementioned, your only options are to accept the cancellation and have worked for free but don’t get hit with a possible low review, or have the order close, get your money, but almost assuredly get slammed with a bad review.

Unfortunately, no.

You said it yourself that you were dealing with a scammer who wanted to cancel the order after you delivered.

As aforementioned, your only options are to accept the cancellation and have worked for free but don’t get hit with a possible low review, or have the order close, get your money, but almost assuredly get slammed with a bad review.

he barely comes online so hoping to close order

i delivered and waited 3 days to complete the order. today order got completed but buyer asked to cancel the order. He said he liked my work at first and i also know my work was good enough for $5. But at last he was trying to scam me by cancelling order. i declined the request. will this affect my profile or gig search result? It was also my first order so will I be able to get more orders? I want to continue using Fiverr but this incident is making my hopes down. Please help me

It’s possible that it was someone who wanted to scam you and had planned to cancel all along, unfortunately, there are such people, or they didn’t check your delivery thoroughly at first, but later did.

You got some replies regarding that already, from me just an advice on this point:

and i also know my work was good enough for $5

If you want to be successful, you shouldn’t think in categories like “good enough for $x”.

You decide your prices, not your buyers, so you should always aim to deliver good quality or better, not “good enough”.

If you don’t charge enough for good or better quality for some reason like you’re new and see it as an investment into starting your business/account here, to get some good reviews to get you rolling, that’s perfectly fine, but still, or all the more, you should give it your everything then, not a “good enough”.

I think i earned money but he reported me for not refunding thats it

The order is either closed or it isn’t closed. I’m still not sure as to whether you are talking about an active or completed order.

If he’s reporting you to CS, then you should contact CS yourself and tell your side of the story so you don’t get railroaded by the biased account from just the buyer alone.

The order is either closed or it isn’t closed. I’m still not sure as to whether you are talking about an active or completed order.

If he’s reporting you to CS, then you should contact CS yourself and tell your side of the story so you don’t get railroaded by the biased account from just the buyer alone.

it is completed but he is saying he reported to CS for not refunding. he could have given 1 star if he didnt liked my work but nope he liked and waited till completion to download. He just wants to take my account down. I just want know if it will affect my gig search result and new orders or not I will also contact CS now

it is completed but he is saying he reported to CS for not refunding. he could have given 1 star if he didnt liked my work but nope he liked and waited till completion to download. He just wants to take my account down. I just want know if it will affect my gig search result and new orders or not I will also contact CS now

I don’t see any review on your profile, so the buyer can still leave a review to tank you.

Archived