Super hard to get noticed on the Buyer Requests

I can’t understand how to reach clients from the Buyer Requests page when offering. I think I’m not good at selling my self.

I know I do a great job recreating tracks, or producing from scratch a song for a singer (I’m musician, music producer, composer, mixer, ++), and that’s why I offer my services on the Buyer Requests page.

It’d be great to know why a buyer is not getting my offer. If it’s because the buyer think I’m charging too much, or anything the reason is to why our offers are not enough, if that offer was viewed by the buyer.

Maybe someone here have some tips for writing a pitch for musicians offering their services.

How is your experiences offering from Buyer Requests ?

I have posted some requests in the past. I needed to see it from the buyers point of view.
Let me tell you;
Its even more hellish at the buyers side.

At least 30 offers came in minutes. And people are not stopping there, writting private messages, asking if you want to work with them every 10 seconds. And most of the sellers didint even read the description. Just copy pasting.

About 80 offers, i only saw 7-10 people who are actually read the request and look like they are capable of doing the job.

And why do i think those 10 people are better suited?

• Better english usage
  • Actually read it and answered the request accordingly.
  • Has some reviews(but lets put that aside for now)
  • Better looking more complete gig.
  • While i appriciate the professionalism, i also find the sincere messages good too. So i cant say one of them is better, but professional look is more guarantee.

That is my experience with buyers request. I hope they are helpful

I’ve also submitted a few BRs because I needed this or that (or just to see what’s up really) - and… the results were pretty lacklustre.
Here’s the deal - people use the same 3-4 kinds of copypaste messages (I saw maybe 20-30 people using the exact same thing, 3-5 that started with ‘you will choose me because I replied first to your BR’ (I wish I was joking…)

I think most people are losing faith in BR and 7/10 people (who still try) go there for the free samples/etc. - but this can be different in the music niche!
One of the main issues for me was that I’d get up to 200 replies back - most of them basically copy-paste) - so it’s genuinely difficult to find that one ‘gem’ in there. Of course, if you sell yourself well, at some point people will notice you (in BR too) but it’s gotten so messy that I’d only ever use it for silly projects (so gifts and stuff, nothing serious.)

I have posted some requests in the past. I needed to see it from the buyers point of view.

Let me tell you;

Its even more hellish at the buyers side.

At least 30 offers came in minutes. And people are not stopping there, writting private messages, asking if you want to work with them every 10 seconds. And most of the sellers didint even read the description. Just copy pasting.

About 80 offers, i only saw 7-10 people who are actually read the request and look like they are capable of doing the job.

And why do i think those 10 people are better suited?

• Better english usage
  • Actually read it and answered the request accordingly.
  • Has some reviews(but lets put that aside for now)
  • Better looking more complete gig.
  • While i appriciate the professionalism, i also find the sincere messages good too. So i cant say one of them is better, but professional look is more guarantee.

That is my experience with buyers request. I hope they are helpful

Right. What I try to do when offering is showing my work, letting them know how my job is done, what I deliver as final files, and asking the buyers to talk more about their needs (when briefs are not too informative), but I never get a reply from them. I have a long catalog of projects I’ve done in the past years, but at the end I think the buyer is looking for low prices here (Just my POV).

I’ve also submitted a few BRs because I needed this or that (or just to see what’s up really) - and… the results were pretty lacklustre.

Here’s the deal - people use the same 3-4 kinds of copypaste messages (I saw maybe 20-30 people using the exact same thing, 3-5 that started with ‘you will choose me because I replied first to your BR’ (I wish I was joking…)

I think most people are losing faith in BR and 7/10 people (who still try) go there for the free samples/etc. - but this can be different in the music niche!

One of the main issues for me was that I’d get up to 200 replies back - most of them basically copy-paste) - so it’s genuinely difficult to find that one ‘gem’ in there. Of course, if you sell yourself well, at some point people will notice you (in BR too) but it’s gotten so messy that I’d only ever use it for silly projects (so gifts and stuff, nothing serious.)

Oh yes, what I see when offering is high numbers of offers.

I try to do my best to sell my self but I think I’m not good on it yet, I know I do a great job, but I don’t have that talent for selling my job.

So I make a big effort trying to express my self and tell the buyer what I offer and how hard will I work in the project but I think I’m doing something wrong or at the end I’m not good enough for the buyer expectations.

Right. What I try to do when offering is showing my work, letting them know how my job is done, what I deliver as final files, and asking the buyers to talk more about their needs (when briefs are not too informative), but I never get a reply from them. I have a long catalog of projects I’ve done in the past years, but at the end I think the buyer is looking for low prices here (Just my POV).

letting them know how my job is done

Do you mean the steps, or literally ‘I use microphone XYZ and program QRS and record at MAXHZ’? I would like to assume the former, but assumptions can often be wrong.

I ask, because most people (especially in BR) just don’t care what tools someone uses. They just want the job done.

letting them know how my job is done

Do you mean the steps, or literally ‘I use microphone XYZ and program QRS and record at MAXHZ’? I would like to assume the former, but assumptions can often be wrong.

I ask, because most people (especially in BR) just don’t care what tools someone uses. They just want the job done.

The process on how I start working on a project and what I need as feedback from the client.

Maybe that’s not important for the buyer.

The process on how I start working on a project and what I need as feedback from the client.

Maybe that’s not important for the buyer.

what I need as feedback from the client

If this is in your gig requirements, then no, you shouldn’t need to repeat it. (Doesn’t mean you might not have to sometimes, but ideally…)

what I need as feedback from the client

If this is in your gig requirements, then no, you shouldn’t need to repeat it. (Doesn’t mean you might not have to sometimes, but ideally…)

Thanks. Well, I said I’m not good selling my self :D.

I need to work on writing an offer.

I have found that ever since I started including links to some samples of my work, an increasing number of buyers have been responding to my offers sent on BRs. I offer services in creative writing. I don’t know if this can be replicated on your gig.

Yes, I do this too. I include links of related works I’ve done for YouTubers, and my own projects, so I can show more aside the Gig demos.

Archived