New Forum Platform Migration

mjensen415

We will be launching a NEW FORUM PLATFORM on June 22nd!

1. On Thursday, June 17th, we will freeze our current forum and place it into read-only mode.

2. The full migration and testing will last about 3 days due to the large number of posts as well as the multiple time zones where principles are working.

3. Once we’re confident everything has been tested and is working correctly, we will re-launch the new forum on Tuesday June 22nd.

Stay tuned for more information about the new forum over the next few weeks leading up to launch!

200w.gif.cb4130125ffaf49564796b8c2e43b339.gif

The full migration and testing will last about 3 days due to the large number of posts

Just archive it all and do a real reboot 😅

Hope the new platform allows us to customize which channels we want notifications from. It would also be nice if unused channels were done a way with.

That reboot actually sounds nice.

Hope the new platform allows us to customize which channels we want notifications from. It would also be nice if unused channels were done a way with.

That reboot actually sounds nice.

You can mute channels. And change other preferences from your forum profile.

image.thumb.png.748e1eefe4acb48b1a1fdd8d3ac7fa57.png
image781×897 44.1 KB

image.png.d126196f0bb73944b221054a005f5f35.png
image740×683 43.1 KB

Though, with the changeover happening soon…

On 6/12/2021 at 8:11 PM, imagination7413 said:

You can mute channels. And change other preferences from your forum profile.

Though, with the changeover happening soon…

That’s the thing. Despite setting preferences, I’m still getting notifications from muted channels. I’ll try again…hopefully it sticks. Thanks for the assist.

That’s the thing. Despite setting preferences, I’m still getting notifications from muted channels. I’ll try again…hopefully it sticks. Thanks for the assist.

If you’re following/tracking a thread in a category you’ve muted, you’ll still get notifications for those threads. You’ll need to set those threads manually to ‘Normal’. (That’s what the second image is for: change the “Automatically track topics I enter” to ‘never’. If I had to guess, some of the threads might have started in a category you were fine with, but were likely moved.)

• wp_kid unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • wp_kid locked this topic

Archived