Why Night is Important for freelances?

hridoy941

Hello Guys

Hope everyone good… i’m from Bangladesh. Last 2 years i doing the work at fiverr. I noticed that almost all work get in night time… And i think that night time was important… Beacuse working in night i faces many health problems…

Hey!

It’s a timezone thing - you most likely get orders from people who live in countries where your night is their day OR (of course!) your clients are in your timezone but work during the day so they only have time to browse the site in the evening. Online shopping is pretty addictive after all.

Honestly that shouldn’t keep you from sleeping though - clients get a notification that you are probably sleeping (however this is partially why it’s best not to promise a too-quick delivery! Just not worth it!)

Hey!

It’s a timezone thing - you most likely get orders from people who live in countries where your night is their day OR (of course!) your clients are in your timezone but work during the day so they only have time to browse the site in the evening. Online shopping is pretty addictive after all.

Honestly that shouldn’t keep you from sleeping though - clients get a notification that you are probably sleeping (however this is partially why it’s best not to promise a too-quick delivery! Just not worth it!)

however this is partially why it’s best not to promise a too-quick delivery!

My first client was a gem. He was the one who advised me to not quote immediate deadlines along with other encouraging advice.

@hridoy941, I would advice you to take longer deadlines, if it is affecting your health.
Make a realistic schedule.

I’ll give you an example, initially I was giving over-enthusiastic deadlines. Had to take a step back because I did not want to overstress myself and lash out at my toddler (or someone) due to a burnout.

Chart out a timetable for yourself. Keep a diary, mark deadlines, dedicate chunks of work when you function best.

Add to it according to your strengths.

If you have your health, you will be able to carry yourself forward.

however this is partially why it’s best not to promise a too-quick delivery!

My first client was a gem. He was the one who advised me to not quote immediate deadlines along with other encouraging advice.

To be honest the customers I’ve lost because I said ‘even 500 words might take a couple days to write’… aren’t ‘worth it’ in the sense that they are less likely respect the work that’s given - we need to realise that even if this is online, it’s work (and it can be mentally exhausting!) Not many buyers would point out such things though, I do find that a lot of people try to benefit from sellers who think ‘faster is better’.

I still struggle with what I preach (…well, at least I know I do!) but I really do think that by showing that we respect ourselves, we will attract more buyers who respect us, too!

Archived