Buyer Asking Job without purchasing gigs

goblooge

hi everyone, is there anyone there that have same problem as mine. here the thing.

back 3 month ago, i have a buyer (which is actually not buyer yet), he ask me to do a work but he don’t want to purchase any gig because he already got problem with other seller. because feel sorry for him, then i do the job without any gigs first (to gain his trust on fiverr back). i did the job without gigs, and then show him my work. and i hope he loved it and purchase gig on my fiverr and have trust on fiverr back. but he said my job was not good enough, and decide to use another seller. i feel down, but its okay, beside he already got bad experience on fiverr (with other seller), so i did not ask him any gigs. it’s okay.

suddenly he ask me back to make change to the work that i already did before (and again without purchasing any gigs, he want to see my work first), so tell to him that you said my job was not good enough and want to find another seller. he said sorry , now he want my work (i dont know if there any other seller for the job what i did, or its about price with other seller too high). because i still hope he purchase my gigs someday, then i did the change he asked. now here the real problem, without purchasing any gigs, he ask me for change, update, and even gave me a deadine.

i already have another client that pay me big but want to do fast, off couse i prioritize my new client that already purchase and re order several time. especially with big payment right.

what should i do ? i ask him to purchase my gig he refuse. if he report me to fiverr quality service, was that affect my level. since he did not even purchase any gigs from me. is that okay if ignored his chat ??

thanks in advanced…

hi everyone, is there anyone there that have same problem as mine. here the thing.

back 3 month ago, i have a buyer (which is actually not buyer yet), he ask me to do a work but he don’t want to purchase any gig because he already got problem with other seller. because feel sorry for him, then i do the job without any gigs first (to gain his trust on fiverr back). i did the job without gigs, and then show him my work. and i hope he loved it and purchase gig on my fiverr and have trust on fiverr back. but he said my job was not good enough, and decide to use another seller. i feel down, but its okay, beside he already got bad experience on fiverr (with other seller), so i did not ask him any gigs. it’s okay.

suddenly he ask me back to make change to the work that i already did before (and again without purchasing any gigs, he want to see my work first), so tell to him that you said my job was not good enough and want to find another seller. he said sorry , now he want my work (i dont know if there any other seller for the job what i did, or its about price with other seller too high). because i still hope he purchase my gigs someday, then i did the change he asked. now here the real problem, without purchasing any gigs, he ask me for change, update, and even gave me a deadine.

i already have another client that pay me big but want to do fast, off couse i prioritize my new client that already purchase and re order several time. especially with big payment right.

what should i do ? i ask him to purchase my gig he refuse. if he report me to fiverr quality service, was that affect my level. since he did not even purchase any gigs from me. is that okay if ignored his chat ??

thanks in advanced…

I would send him a custom offer to cover the amount of work he wants you to do tho"fix" the free work he has already. If he says no, immediately block him.

I would send him a custom offer to cover the amount of work he wants you to do tho"fix" the free work he has already. If he says no, immediately block him.

if i block him and he did report me on fiverr quality service, was that would make my level down ?? or its okay, since he did not purchase any gigs.

if i block him and he did report me on fiverr quality service, was that would make my level down ?? or its okay, since he did not purchase any gigs.

if he didn’t purchase a gig then you don’t owe him anything

What was your gig and what have you so far done for him? If he doesn’t want to order your gig after the no. of things you’ve done for him I suggest you just block him.

my gig was building a kiosk web system. i already make the base system, user also could select and place order on restaurant system as well. i also already put the menu database. all still on my personal web host. so he did not get any source code or resource only demo. but he asked me change and change and even gave me deadine. is that ok if i block him ?? and if he report me , is that gonna affect my level ??

so its fine to ignore or block him right 🙂 . i just try to be polite.

so its fine to ignore or block him right

It is. If you still want to write with them you can send a polite message like “I will send you shortly a custom offer for the work that have been done and for the changes you requested, it will include x revisions etc and we can proceed with changes and our order after that. If he doesn’t accept then you can say that unfortunately you wouldn’t be able to work on that anymore.

However in my opinion that person showing a lot of red flags and it will be better for you to just block him as the order with him might turn out even bigger nightmare

so its fine to ignore or block him right

It is. If you still want to write with them you can send a polite message like “I will send you shortly a custom offer for the work that have been done and for the changes you requested, it will include x revisions etc and we can proceed with changes and our order after that. If he doesn’t accept then you can say that unfortunately you wouldn’t be able to work on that anymore.

However in my opinion that person showing a lot of red flags and it will be better for you to just block him as the order with him might turn out even bigger nightmare

ok thank you, i took your advice, thanks madam…

thanks in advanced…

what should i do ?

You should read Fiverr terms of services. Do not work for FREE, regardless of the circumstance. You’re here not to prove your skill or abilities. If someone wants your work, ask them to place an order. They’re already backed by money back guarantee If they don’t like the work you deliver. while you will guarantee a warning on your account for doing work for free if you ever get reported to Fiverr by a person you did free work for.

As this happened already go ahead with the @mariashtelle1’s suggestion. Make sure not to make him angry at you.

Don’t do free work and you won’t have this issue. This is why Fiverr has rules in place. The buyer you are dealing with is an swindler, don’t be so gullible next time.

yeah man. at first he siad he want pay me, but he want to see my work first. so i do it, hope he take look and loved it. but seem you were right, he is a swindler.

what should i do ?

You should read Fiverr terms of services. Do not work for FREE, regardless of the circumstance. You’re here not to prove your skill or abilities. If someone wants your work, ask them to place an order. They’re already backed by money back guarantee If they don’t like the work you deliver. while you will guarantee a warning on your account for doing work for free if you ever get reported to Fiverr by a person you did free work for.

As this happened already go ahead with the @mariashtelle1’s suggestion. Make sure not to make him angry at you.

yes brother, i actually did not work for free, he promise to pay me, but he want to see my work first. because he got a problem with previous seller (i did not know was that true or just made up). so i show my work first, but seem @j6nyc6 was right. he is maybe a swindler. my gigs is about software development all source code and everything still in my hand. but i gave him demo and he want other changes.

yes brother, i actually did not work for free, he promise to pay me, but he want to see my work first. because he got a problem with previous seller (i did not know was that true or just made up). so i show my work first, but seem @j6nyc6 was right. he is maybe a swindler. my gigs is about software development all source code and everything still in my hand. but i gave him demo and he want other changes.

he promise to pay me, but he want to see my work first. because he got a problem with previous seller

It’s a standard excuse to get someone’s work for free. There are too many people whose promise costs nothing.

i actually did not work for free, he promise to pay me

He never paid, though, so you did work for free.

Think about it this way: for how long would you be allowed to stay in a rented apartment if you just promised to pay if you liked living there? You wouldn’t be allowed to move in, let alone live there.

For future reference: whenever someone approaches you and wants you to work without placing an order, politely inform them that Fiverr strongly recommends to all sellers never to start working until the order is placed.

if he didn’t purchase a gig then you don’t owe him anything

absolutely right i think so … because he did not purchase your gig and he use you for free work …just avoid him. if you think its make you harm then block him and contact customar suport that you dont want to work with him but he knock you altime… that’s it.

thanks in advanced…

This:

but he said my job was not good enough

and This:

and decide to use another seller.

All the while, This:

but he don’t want to purchase any gig because he already got problem with other seller.

So, he has such a problem with another seller, that he swindles you into doing the work, then says it is not good enough and according to you, goes with another seller?

Block this moron already. He is playing games and you owe him nothing. He cannot do anything to you.

GG

thanks everyone , i block him already. you were right, i owe him nothing, since he did not purchase any gigs of mine, good thing is my gig was about programming, so he can only take look on the demo web that i gave to him (just simple web free webhost that work as demo). he did not get the source code. so he cannot do anything with those demo website 🙂 i only loss my time and effort, next time i will try to be smart.

he promise to pay me

That’s the whole point. You should not work expecting the payment (Its basically you working for free, as you can’t predict the future). That’s not how Fiverr works. Even in ongoing orders when we ask to add extra, some buyers say that they’ll add it as a tip. but you have to avoid those situations, because you need to take the payment in prior doing any work.

You need to be in control of what you’re offering and doing. You should not trust buyers, every buyer is a stranger unless you had few orders at past, so be polite and ask about the payment before working. If they say no, just hang up. Its as easy as that.

If you really want to show a work, you may ask to order a $5, so you can show your work but without source code or some restriction. (I said this if you really need to, you should not do this too). This is not you giving him a previous work you’ve done. You’re doing something for that particular buyer, which needs to have a gig ordered regardless of the situation.

Hope this helps. 🌚

he promise to pay me

That’s the whole point. You should not work expecting the payment (Its basically you working for free, as you can’t predict the future). That’s not how Fiverr works. Even in ongoing orders when we ask to add extra, some buyers say that they’ll add it as a tip. but you have to avoid those situations, because you need to take the payment in prior doing any work.

You need to be in control of what you’re offering and doing. You should not trust buyers, every buyer is a stranger unless you had few orders at past, so be polite and ask about the payment before working. If they say no, just hang up. Its as easy as that.

If you really want to show a work, you may ask to order a $5, so you can show your work but without source code or some restriction. (I said this if you really need to, you should not do this too). This is not you giving him a previous work you’ve done. You’re doing something for that particular buyer, which needs to have a gig ordered regardless of the situation.

Hope this helps. 🌚

yes brother, thank very much. good thing is , the one that i offer actually a web based software, he want demo then i gave him a demo on free webhosting but he did not get any source code. since now i block him, then he also can’t do anything with those free webhost. and will be expired next month.

Archived