If you use Zoom for your service, PLEASE be careful

As part of my life coaching service, I use Zoom to conduct meet and greets (before a session, so someone can get to know me, and I get to know them before they purchase) and to conduct coaching sessions. This is the second time now that I’ve run across creepos (people who display very inappropriate behavior during the meet and greet/or session).

Fiverr discourages off-platform communication, this being a primary purpose - to protect us. Even if communicating via Zoom is required to conduct your gig service such as for tutoring, etc., I caution you; do all communication through Fiverr, and if you have to use Zoom because of the service you offer, please record!

Regardless of your gender, there are people out there that will take advantage of unrecorded Zoom sessions. I have learned my lesson. Word to the wise: Record your Zoom sessions and list that they will be recorded in your gig description. Hopefully this will help deter some of the creepos, and if they do happen to make it to the platform, they can be reported with coinciding evidence so they can be blocked from the platform permanently.

Stay safe out there, people.

As part of my life coaching service, I use Zoom to conduct meet and greets (before a session, so someone can get to know me, and I get to know them before they purchase) and to conduct coaching sessions. This is the second time now that I’ve run across creepos (people who display very inappropriate behavior during the meet and greet/or session).

Fiverr discourages off-platform communication, this being a primary purpose - to protect us. Even if communicating via Zoom is required to conduct your gig service such as for tutoring, etc., I caution you; do all communication through Fiverr, and if you have to use Zoom because of the service you offer, please record!

Regardless of your gender, there are people out there that will take advantage of unrecorded Zoom sessions. I have learned my lesson. Word to the wise: Record your Zoom sessions and list that they will be recorded in your gig description. Hopefully this will help deter some of the creepos, and if they do happen to make it to the platform, they can be reported with coinciding evidence so they can be blocked from the platform permanently.

Welcome to the forum, but it is a bit disheartening to have one’s first post be of such a terrible experience.

Regardless of your gender, there are people out there that will take advantage of unrecorded Zoom sessions.

True enough, but the plurality of harassing, vulgar, and outright se*ual Zoom interactions unfortunately occur to young female sellers. There are numerous horror stories posted on the forum which chronicle similar experiences.

I hope you reported the “buyer” even if you did not record the session. Hopefully Fiverr keeps some sort of tabs on the sessions so that crazy/illegal things aren’t being conducted under their nose.

Welcome to the forum, but it is a bit disheartening to have one’s first post be of such a terrible experience.

Regardless of your gender, there are people out there that will take advantage of unrecorded Zoom sessions.

True enough, but the plurality of harassing, vulgar, and outright se*ual Zoom interactions unfortunately occur to young female sellers. There are numerous horror stories posted on the forum which chronicle similar experiences.

I hope you reported the “buyer” even if you did not record the session. Hopefully Fiverr keeps some sort of tabs on the sessions so that crazy/illegal things aren’t being conducted under their nose.

I’ve never had a big reason to post on the forums but I browse them on the daily.

But yes, you are right in that young females are mainly targeted (I wouldn’t consider myself necessarily young anymore, but you know, lol) - and I absolutely did block them. I am recording the sessions now for sure.

Great gob! Go ahead with your experience. Good luck!!!

Great gob! Go ahead with your experience.

Wait what? 🤨

I wouldn’t consider this a celebratory thread whatsoever. It is describing an entirely inappropriate situation that befell a seller and serves as a warning and piece of advice for others.

gig service such as for tutoring

This is tends to academic service. The services are " Coaching" , " tutor" are very related with academic activities.

Academic services are prohibited in Fiverr.

gig service such as for tutoring

This is tends to academic service. The services are " Coaching" , " tutor" are very related with academic activities.

Academic services are prohibited in Fiverr.

. The services are " Coaching" , " tutor" are very related with academic activities

Maybe, but no it is not in this case., the gig is:

image.png.2842df25297ed6dd6b3969076087c01f.png

As life coaching is nothing related to academic activities, she must be good.

Archived