Offering Shopify Dropshipping Services at Fiverr

programmer_geek

Hi!

Hope you are doing fine!

I have a question. I am a software engineer by profession. Currently I am doing a job as a Shopify store developer. I am thinking to shift my career from job to freelancer.

So, when I decided to make GIGs to offer shopify services, I came across with few questions.

1. Do we need to ask each client whether they want to buy any of the 3 available shopify plans or they want to develop store on trial version?
  2. Should the cost of shopify plans should be included in Fiverr Gig Packages or we are supposed to demand it from client later on?
  3. To integrate payment services, do clients feel trusted to share their payment credentials?
  4. Should we ask from clients whether they want to use free themes or paid themes? And if they opted for paid ones, should we demand more money?
  5. There are multiple apps which needs to be integrated on store, but problem is some of the app are paid ones, how we will handle the budget?
  6. Do we have to inform client that we are using Oberlo?
  7. I have seen hundreds of Shopify gigs offering to develop store at low prices like $50, my concern is how they are handling shopify plan cost, paid themes costs, and paid app costs in just 50$?
  8. I am a developer and I will just create, setup and design the store. For this I need to get the resources (graphics, products and their details) to upload at store. Can customer provide me with all graphics and product details?

Please answer2 these questions. I will highly appreciate this!

Hi!

Hope you are doing fine!

I have a question. I am a software engineer by profession. Currently I am doing a job as a Shopify store developer. I am thinking to shift my career from job to freelancer.

So, when I decided to make GIGs to offer shopify services, I came across with few questions.

1. Do we need to ask each client whether they want to buy any of the 3 available shopify plans or they want to develop store on trial version?
  2. Should the cost of shopify plans should be included in Fiverr Gig Packages or we are supposed to demand it from client later on?
  3. To integrate payment services, do clients feel trusted to share their payment credentials?
  4. Should we ask from clients whether they want to use free themes or paid themes? And if they opted for paid ones, should we demand more money?
  5. There are multiple apps which needs to be integrated on store, but problem is some of the app are paid ones, how we will handle the budget?
  6. Do we have to inform client that we are using Oberlo?
  7. I have seen hundreds of Shopify gigs offering to develop store at low prices like $50, my concern is how they are handling shopify plan cost, paid themes costs, and paid app costs in just 50$?
  8. I am a developer and I will just create, setup and design the store. For this I need to get the resources (graphics, products and their details) to upload at store. Can customer provide me with all graphics and product details?

Please answer2 these questions. I will highly appreciate this!

You chose what is or is not included in your service. Make it clear in your gig that the buyer must already have a plan purchased or you will be using the trial version.

1. Should the cost of shopify plans should be included in Fiverr Gig Packages or we are supposed to demand it from client later on?

Their site, they pay, upfront.

1. To integrate payment services, do clients feel trusted to share their payment credentials?

Is this necessary to provide your service? I know I wouldn’t.

Though, if I absolutely had to, then I would set up a new account. If a client is uncomfortable providing that info, suggest that. As far as I’m aware, it’s always a good idea to have a completely separate business account.

1. Should we ask from clients whether they want to use free themes or paid themes? And if they opted for paid ones, should we demand more money?
  2. There are multiple apps which needs to be integrated on store, but problem is some of the app are paid ones, how we will handle the budget?

Depends it they’re a one-time-fee, or a continuous fee. If one-time, then this is what Gig Extras are for. Either they pay for it on their end, or pay you, through Fiverr. If continuous, then definitely, they need to pay.

1. Do we have to inform client that we are using Oberlo?

I’m not a tech person. I don’t know what that is.

1. I have seen hundreds of Shopify gigs offering to develop store at low prices like $50, my concern is how they are handling shopify plan cost, paid themes costs, and paid app costs in just 50$?

Do those gigs have any reviews? Is that $50 only the basic package and do the higher packages include those costs? Do the gigs state who (Buyer or Seller) is buying said plans?

1. I am a developer and I will just create, setup and design the store. For this I need to get the resources (graphics, products and their details) to upload at store. Can customer provide me with all graphics and product details?

If you’re only doing setup, you can use placeholder text/images. Just be ABSOLUTLY sure you state this clearly in your gig, and that, if the buyer wants you to include their graphics/details, it will cost X, AND that YOU DO NOT PROVIDE GRAPHICS.

Also, make this a mandatory question in your requirements. “I agree to placeholder graphics/info.” and “I will provide my own graphics/info to be used and understand this will cost an additional fee.”

So many newbies are being taken advantage of here on Fiverr by a small minority of predatory “buyers”. This is my take on how to protect yourself, thereby reducing the chances of a cancellation or negative review.
Special shout out to @melissaharlowvo for the buyer requirements section. Enjoy!

You chose what is or is not included in your service. Make it clear in your gig that the buyer must already have a plan purchased or you will be using the trial version.

1. Should the cost of shopify plans should be included in Fiverr Gig Packages or we are supposed to demand it from client later on?

Their site, they pay, upfront.

1. To integrate payment services, do clients feel trusted to share their payment credentials?

Is this necessary to provide your service? I know I wouldn’t.

Though, if I absolutely had to, then I would set up a new account. If a client is uncomfortable providing that info, suggest that. As far as I’m aware, it’s always a good idea to have a completely separate business account.

1. Should we ask from clients whether they want to use free themes or paid themes? And if they opted for paid ones, should we demand more money?
  2. There are multiple apps which needs to be integrated on store, but problem is some of the app are paid ones, how we will handle the budget?

Depends it they’re a one-time-fee, or a continuous fee. If one-time, then this is what Gig Extras are for. Either they pay for it on their end, or pay you, through Fiverr. If continuous, then definitely, they need to pay.

1. Do we have to inform client that we are using Oberlo?

I’m not a tech person. I don’t know what that is.

1. I have seen hundreds of Shopify gigs offering to develop store at low prices like $50, my concern is how they are handling shopify plan cost, paid themes costs, and paid app costs in just 50$?

Do those gigs have any reviews? Is that $50 only the basic package and do the higher packages include those costs? Do the gigs state who (Buyer or Seller) is buying said plans?

1. I am a developer and I will just create, setup and design the store. For this I need to get the resources (graphics, products and their details) to upload at store. Can customer provide me with all graphics and product details?

If you’re only doing setup, you can use placeholder text/images. Just be ABSOLUTLY sure you state this clearly in your gig, and that, if the buyer wants you to include their graphics/details, it will cost X, AND that YOU DO NOT PROVIDE GRAPHICS.

Also, make this a mandatory question in your requirements. “I agree to placeholder graphics/info.” and “I will provide my own graphics/info to be used and understand this will cost an additional fee.”

So many newbies are being taken advantage of here on Fiverr by a small minority of predatory “buyers”. This is my take on how to protect yourself, thereby reducing the chances of a cancellation or negative review.
Special shout out to @melissaharlowvo for the buyer requirements section. Enjoy!

@imagination7413 Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate that!

Archived