How to handle buyer with fake error screenshot after work done

ashik04

Was the order delivered and accepted?

How do you know the screenshot is fake?

Because he changed his password. And it were real he would give me access to fix it. And the error is nowhere related to WordPress. And later he is wanting a paid theme for free on my $5 gig

Because he changed his password. And it were real he would give me access to fix it. And the error is nowhere related to WordPress. And later he is wanting a paid theme for free on my $5 gig

Is the order still active or the buyer came to you with these requests after the order has been marked as completed?

So have you asked the buyer about the changed password and if you can have access if he is saying there’s an error and wants it fixed? You could let him know you can’t look into it unless you are given access.

Maybe ask what actions make the error occur or ask him to record a screen recording of the error happening if he can do that. Maybe do a search find the error message so you can say what would actually cause the error if it was a real error.

Maybe make sure there are backups of things in case of problems.
If you think it’s necessary you could talk to CS about it, eg. if they are not giving you access and giving fake error messages that you can show are fake.

The next time you submit your work, make sure to upload the files on Fiverr and attach them to your delivery as well. This way you can avoid the situations when the buyer uploads something different on their hosting after your work is done and claims it was yours.

Archived