Seller hasn't delivered in over a month

loganjayce

Good day! so I’ve ordered from this seller before. He’s fairly new (less than 10 reviews) and says that he delivers quality work. His gig says 5$ but when working for the first time with him, he gave me a quote for 30$, I thought a bit expensive but I’ll try it out. Great experience, seller delivered quality work. Now i needed help with a different project. (Seller sells automation programming with python) I asked him for a quote, I needed 4 things to be automated in the program, he says 160$ for all of it. I thought it was incredibly steep but he did deliver quality work before, and all of the 4 things were going to be implemented so why not. Time to deliver was 2 weeks. 2 weeks passed and seller delivered late by a few hours, I checked and it didn’t work. I asked for a revision, and I tried to keep in communication, somehow throughout the conversation he says he can only implement 2 out of the 4. I gave him ideas, I tried to compromise, a week later he says he hasn’t done much cause he has finals, I understood and said it’s okay that I trusted him and that he delivers quality work etc. I kept checking up every 2-3 days, asking how it’s going, every time he says it’s almost done and he’s just polishing up. This goes on for a month, then recently he hasn’t responded in a week. (He’s been delivering for other customers through out this time and whenever I check up and he responds late he keeps saying fiver didnt notify him so he didnt see my messages.) Right now, his recent delivery was 18 hrs ago, and he hasn’t responded to any of my messages this past week, 2-3 days apart (“hey seller, just checking up, hows the program going any updates?”). I feel like I’ve been screwed out of my money, not sure what to do. Any advice would help, thank you.

Please condone him. And be a little bit more patient as he delivered quality work before. Sometimes a seller has much pressure of work. If the delivery is not quality at last then you can cancel the order. But always make sure if the buyer can do the work and make everything clear before ordering. A person cannot do everything no matter how skillful he is. And never give a burden of a company-like project to a single person. If you want you can hire more than one person and tell them to work together on a big project. If you still think he is scamming you you can simply cancel the order. You can visit the resolution center from the order page.

Request a cancellation of the order.

When a seller refuses to communicate to a buyer for days on end but is online and active, then it seems obvious he is ghosting you.

The buyer never should have accepted the order and promised to deliver within the designated time period if he knew school work would keep him busy.

Good day! so I’ve ordered from this seller before. He’s fairly new (less than 10 reviews) and says that he delivers quality work. His gig says 5$ but when working for the first time with him, he gave me a quote for 30$, I thought a bit expensive but I’ll try it out. Great experience, seller delivered quality work. Now i needed help with a different project. (Seller sells automation programming with python) I asked him for a quote, I needed 4 things to be automated in the program, he says 160$ for all of it. I thought it was incredibly steep but he did deliver quality work before, and all of the 4 things were going to be implemented so why not. Time to deliver was 2 weeks. 2 weeks passed and seller delivered late by a few hours, I checked and it didn’t work. I asked for a revision, and I tried to keep in communication, somehow throughout the conversation he says he can only implement 2 out of the 4. I gave him ideas, I tried to compromise, a week later he says he hasn’t done much cause he has finals, I understood and said it’s okay that I trusted him and that he delivers quality work etc. I kept checking up every 2-3 days, asking how it’s going, every time he says it’s almost done and he’s just polishing up. This goes on for a month, then recently he hasn’t responded in a week. (He’s been delivering for other customers through out this time and whenever I check up and he responds late he keeps saying fiver didnt notify him so he didnt see my messages.) Right now, his recent delivery was 18 hrs ago, and he hasn’t responded to any of my messages this past week, 2-3 days apart (“hey seller, just checking up, hows the program going any updates?”). I feel like I’ve been screwed out of my money, not sure what to do. Any advice would help, thank you.

He’s been delivering for other customers through out this time and whenever I check up and he responds late he keeps saying fiver didnt notify him so he didnt see my messages.)

It sounds to me like you may be wasting your time with this seller. He is stringing you along while providing services to other buyers.

I check up and he responds late he keeps saying fiver didnt notify him

I call “Not True!” Fiverr always sends messages when I get contact from a buyer. If the messages comes when I am sleeping it will say something to the effect, "Your buyer has been waiting for an update for X hours.

You can cancel the order and get your payment back and then look for a more ethical buyer. Fiverr Customer Service can be reached at support@fiverr.com. They will need the order number and it also helps if you have screenshots of the relevant discussions, due dates and extensions. They do have access to all of this but if you make it easy for them, it is better.

Please condone him. And be a little bit more patient as he delivered quality work before. Sometimes a seller has much pressure of work. If the delivery is not quality at last then you can cancel the order. But always make sure if the buyer can do the work and make everything clear before ordering. A person cannot do everything no matter how skillful he is. And never give a burden of a company-like project to a single person. If you want you can hire more than one person and tell them to work together on a big project. If you still think he is scamming you you can simply cancel the order. You can visit the resolution center from the order page.

The seller understands their offerings, services and their performance calibre.

They are paid accordingly on the timeline that is mutually decided.

Yours is not a valid argument, unfortunately. @loganjayce has been condoning, as they stated and has praised the seller for prior quality work.

a week later he says he hasn’t done much cause he has finals,

It is not your problem. As a seller, I also have many responsibilities in life, and it is my job to manage my time, not my client’s problem.

he responds late he keeps saying fiver didn’t notify him

He is responsible to check the messages, and I guarantee you, Fiverr notifies every message a seller receives.

My suggestion to you: Cancel the order, do not waste your time anymore. Find another seller. Fiverr has many great professionals that can help you.

Archived