My fingers are cold when using my computer - solutions?

alex_gayduk

I have that problem in the winter a lot. I wear gloves without the fingertips. It seems to help with keeping the hand warm and ensuring the blood flows into the tips to warm them up.

You may also want to talk with a dr. about this. It could be poor blood circulation going into your hands.

I sometimes have this issue too! As @emeraldawnn mentioned gloves are a good solution. You have special ones out there that keep the warmth inside (excuse my lack of professional explanation but you get the point) or regular ones can also work.

What I do however is when it really gets bad I hold my hands under warm water to heat them up again. Or what can also help is whenever you don’t have to type you alternate between making fists and stretching the hands to help the circulation going. A stress ball for example can also work for this.

I hope this helped and good luck with it, I know how annoying it can be!

I have that problem in the winter a lot. I wear gloves without the fingertips. It seems to help with keeping the hand warm and ensuring the blood flows into the tips to warm them up.

You may also want to talk with a dr. about this. It could be poor blood circulation going into your hands.

Thank you for the help, but gloves do not seem like a good solution, since it hinders the movement of the fingers and I still feel cold.

What kind of gloves do you use?

I sometimes have this issue too! As @emeraldawnn mentioned gloves are a good solution. You have special ones out there that keep the warmth inside (excuse my lack of professional explanation but you get the point) or regular ones can also work.

What I do however is when it really gets bad I hold my hands under warm water to heat them up again. Or what can also help is whenever you don’t have to type you alternate between making fists and stretching the hands to help the circulation going. A stress ball for example can also work for this.

I hope this helped and good luck with it, I know how annoying it can be!

Thank you for the advice.

What side of the hand is suffering most in your case?

Thank you for the help, but gloves do not seem like a good solution, since it hinders the movement of the fingers and I still feel cold.

What kind of gloves do you use?

https://www.neafp.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30216

I use gloves similar to these BUT… when the ones are two-in-one gloves - basically, I can use the fingerless gloves over the regular gloves or remove the fingerless gloves and use them by themselves. Does that make sense?

Thank you for the advice.

What side of the hand is suffering most in your case?

I can’t say that one really stands out when I think about it! Once they reach the cold stage, they are often equally freezing unfortunately 😕

When it comes to the gloves though I might have an extra tip. My father has neuropathy so he basically constantly has cold hands. We recently purchased special gloves for him and he says they actually work. When I feel his hands now they actually feel warmer indeed, when before they were really cold! I’m located in the Netherlands and it’s a Dutch based product, but I did a bit of research for you and they are called ‘Silver Gloves’. The silver refers to a kind of material they use (don’t ask me about the science behind it haha). He has full gloves, but also has ones without fingertips and as @emeraldawnn mentioned the tips do indeed warm up as well.

Besides this product, there are most likely a lot of thermo kind of gloves out there because I can ensure you, you’re not the only one experiencing this. Because I don’t know your location I can’t give specific tips, but if you do a bit of research I’m sure you can find a good product!

Forgive the length of my reply, but I couldn’t write this in a more concise manner 😅

does that only happen to you when you use your computer? sometimes that happens when the armrest of your seat presses on your elbow or a vein near it … this happens to me repeatedly and my fingertips also go numb and cold 🙂

but of course don’t forget to visit a doctor

I think so. Thank you.

Archived