Sending message to the sellers on fiverr does it violate fiverr tos?IF i send message just for once who is buyer also seller?

shahriar_wrdpss

Hi there,
I basically send messages who is a buyer and also a seller on Fiverr. If I send them a single message then it will violate Fiverr terms and conditions?

Also If I send messages to my old client for the new job then will be it violation of tos on Fiverr?

I will be very happy For the responses
Thank you

My question is why would you want to contact other sellers? (I’m genuinely curious).
But the short answer is no, it’s not allowed. You might only want to send one message and that’s ‘fine’ but when 5 new sellers decide to do that, then that’s 5 messages, if it’s 10, then it’s 10…
Can you see the problem?

( As far as I’m aware sending messages to your past buyers is also iffy but I’m not sure about that)

Hi there,

I basically send messages who is a buyer and also a seller on Fiverr. If I send them a single message then it will violate Fiverr terms and conditions?

Also If I send messages to my old client for the new job then will be it violation of tos on Fiverr?

Thank you

Doesn’t matter if you send one message or a dozen, if you send a message to a seller who is a buyer or whatever first, out of the blue, with no provocation from that person, Fiverr considers it spam and you can get a warning on your account. The person you spam or send this one message to may decide to report your message as spam, and this gets you into hot water.

Yes. While some here think it is a great idea to out of the blue message old clients asking if they need any new work done or whatever, Fiverr also sees this as spam, and your account can get a warning.

Get enough warnings, and you will be banned from selling. Only use the message section to reply to messages you get, not to initiate new messages to others on the site. Regardless of whether you have had dealings with them before or not.

GG

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

What you did is considered spam if you messaged a seller for advice. You didn’t get a warning cuz they didn’t report and block you. What if they were late replying to your message and their stats took a slight hit? As a seller your job is to reply to messages you receive, not bother other sellers with questions unrelated to a purchase.

What you did is considered spam if you messaged a seller for advice. You didn’t get a warning cuz they didn’t report and block you. What if they were late replying to your message and their stats took a slight hit? As a seller your job is to reply to messages you receive, not bother other sellers with questions unrelated to a purchase.

They were my friends. I didn’t know much how fiverr works. We just talked there for fun. Pretty immature of me. Wouldn’t do it again, thank you!

Hi there,

Thank you

You’re only allowed to message a seller if you want to buy from them and need more information about their service.

Messaging them about anything else, even if it’s just one message, is spam, and you can (and often will) get reported for spamming.

Yes. If they want to hire you again, they will message you (or just place an order).

Hi there,

Thank you

I basically send messages who is a buyer and also a seller on Fiverr.

Whenever I get such messages I immediately reply to the sender of the message that they have been reported and then I report them.

Many sellers that have contacted users who are buyers and sellers have come to the Fiverr Forum and cried 😢 because they have lost their accounts due to being reported for spamming. Don’t do it anymore!

Archived