Unreasonable review - accusation

I don’t understand, how a person, orders from you, you deliver their work (there is proof) and without contacting you about any problem, they give you 1 star review and write that they have not received anything.

I also sent a message to ask for clarifications, because if they want what they ordered they should be happy that I will deliver, if they haven’t received (according to what they say). There was no reply to this message.

I’m disappointed, because this is not a review, this is an accusation. I am accused that I didn’t deliver what they ordered (which is not true at all). Also, this is not good for fiverr because, this shows that they didn’t protect the buyer.

Note that I have more than 300 5 star reviews, and this is nothing to worry about. I worry about Seller’s protection. Because, someone else may not be as lucky as me to have already established themselves…

I don’t understand, how a person, orders from you, you deliver their work (there is proof) and without contacting you about any problem, they give you 1 star review and write that they have not received anything.

I also sent a message to ask for clarifications, because if they want what they ordered they should be happy that I will deliver, if they haven’t received (according to what they say). There was no reply to this message.

I’m disappointed, because this is not a review, this is an accusation. I am accused that I didn’t deliver what they ordered (which is not true at all). Also, this is not good for fiverr because, this shows that they didn’t protect the buyer.

Note that I have more than 300 5 star reviews, and this is nothing to worry about. I worry about Seller’s protection. Because, someone else may not be as lucky as me to have already established themselves…

Thanks 🙂 I think you wrote it right.

Sorry that happened to you. It has happened to me once as well. The person threatened to leave a 1 star review if I didn’t cancel the job. Fortunately, they did that in the messenger service and I was able to capture if for Fiverr to review. In general, Fiverr people are a cut above because they’re paying money to get here and then paying you to do work. So most times you’re working with respectful professionals. But there are always exceptions that make it less perfect of a world, just like there are people who will rob your bag at the beach, leave $0 tips, and steal anything that isn’t bolted to the floor when the come on your property. The only thing to do is contact customer support and know that those 300+ 5 star reviews are the testament to who you really are as a freelancer.

If reviews are going against TOS they might be removed by fiverr CS.
I would say you have a chance if it being removed because if it’s a fact that delivery is there and buyer said it’s not then it’s not the review on your service.
But of course I would be careful if you already wrote something to your client after that.

First of all I’m sorry that’s happened - did you try to explain to the buyer that you’ve sent it through? I’m asking because the same thing happened a few days ago (although my buyer never left a review). Since it’s happened to you as well I wonder if it’s a glitch or something?

What happened to me was that I sent a bit of a preview through half-way but since they never responded back it was super close to the final delivery so I’m assuming they clicked on the wrong file/downloaded both but opened only one of them. I didn’t get a poor review but the buyer was quite mad (which is completely normal, I would have been, too but it spooked me for sure!)

These accusations are quite serious though (since not delivering anything IS against the TOS (obviously…) so I feel like maybe contacting the buyer (and if they still can’t find the delivery then CS) would be best in your case.

If reviews are going against TOS they might be removed by fiverr CS.

I would say you have a chance if it being removed because if it’s a fact that delivery is there and buyer said it’s not then it’s not the review on your service.

But of course I would be careful if you already wrote something to your client after that.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I just send them a message to say “How come you don’t see the pdf that I sent you, and you rate me badly for this? You never contact me. I’m always helpful to people who have any kind of problem with their delivery. Here is a screen shot of your delivery.”

I don’t think that I wrote something unreasonable, because there is always a chance that the buyer misunderstood and we could find a solution, but there was no reply…

First of all I’m sorry that’s happened - did you try to explain to the buyer that you’ve sent it through? I’m asking because the same thing happened a few days ago (although my buyer never left a review). Since it’s happened to you as well I wonder if it’s a glitch or something?

What happened to me was that I sent a bit of a preview through half-way but since they never responded back it was super close to the final delivery so I’m assuming they clicked on the wrong file/downloaded both but opened only one of them. I didn’t get a poor review but the buyer was quite mad (which is completely normal, I would have been, too but it spooked me for sure!)

These accusations are quite serious though (since not delivering anything IS against the TOS (obviously…) so I feel like maybe contacting the buyer (and if they still can’t find the delivery then CS) would be best in your case.

Thank you!

Yes, it has happened once before in one of my clients too. They sent me a message telling me that they haven’t received it. I checked, and they were right, something did go wrong. I immediately sent it to them and everything was ok.

Another time one person, just couldn’t find it although I did send it. She asked me in a message and so I sent it to her attached in the message for her convenience.

2 cases out of numerous orders that I have processed.

This time though, I just got this review. She never contacted me to find out where the delivery was. And she never responded to my message…

Thank you!

Yes, it has happened once before in one of my clients too. They sent me a message telling me that they haven’t received it. I checked, and they were right, something did go wrong. I immediately sent it to them and everything was ok.

Another time one person, just couldn’t find it although I did send it. She asked me in a message and so I sent it to her attached in the message for her convenience.

2 cases out of numerous orders that I have processed.

This time though, I just got this review. She never contacted me to find out where the delivery was. And she never responded to my message…

Yeah, that has happened before to me as well (but it was mostly people unable to open their files for some reason (?) which was rather weird but I fixed it (and eventually switched to word to write in because it’s easier, anyway.

I always try to be as cool and nice as possible (even when something like this nearly drives me into a panic attack because I already am terribly scared of confrontation so…) but I do notice that people usually realise they are in the wrong (OR just shrug it off but find the way to their files haha)

What I feel like might have happened in your case (other than the obvious chance of it being a scam gone wrong since you already got the money (…plus a bad review, I guess) is that the person is just very… reactive. Some people really are like that - they get angry at a snap of a finger (again, in a way if I really didn’t get what I paid for, I’d be mad) but instead of asking… they’ll ‘settle’ the matters in their own way.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I just send them a message to say “How come you don’t see the pdf that I sent you, and you rate me badly for this? You never contact me. I’m always helpful to people who have any kind of problem with their delivery. Here is a screen shot of your delivery.”

I don’t think that I wrote something unreasonable, because there is always a chance that the buyer misunderstood and we could find a solution, but there was no reply…

How come you don’t see the pdf that I sent you, and you rate me badly for this?

😬 this message did make me cringe. It is quite aggressive and you did mention bad review in your message to them. So it’s better to leave it there and not to contact support anymore.

You had a good chance of review being removed but now you will be risking a warning.

I would’ve just wrote to a client: “Hi, it seems you had a problem finding a delivery. I attached here a screenshot of a file in our delivery, please let me know if you have any trouble finding it”. And after that would’ve contact support instead of taking it on a buyer (even if they are wrong)

Yeah, that has happened before to me as well (but it was mostly people unable to open their files for some reason (?) which was rather weird but I fixed it (and eventually switched to word to write in because it’s easier, anyway.

I always try to be as cool and nice as possible (even when something like this nearly drives me into a panic attack because I already am terribly scared of confrontation so…) but I do notice that people usually realise they are in the wrong (OR just shrug it off but find the way to their files haha)

What I feel like might have happened in your case (other than the obvious chance of it being a scam gone wrong since you already got the money (…plus a bad review, I guess) is that the person is just very… reactive. Some people really are like that - they get angry at a snap of a finger (again, in a way if I really didn’t get what I paid for, I’d be mad) but instead of asking… they’ll ‘settle’ the matters in their own way.

Thank yo so much for your message. I’m trying to do the best that I can and I was shocked when I read this review. I also did give her a 5* nice review, because nothing really seemed to be wrong in the process. I wonder, why they make us review a buyer in this way. It is clearly misleading. Also, we cannot write a honest review as sellers because we wouldn’t want to risk our relationship with this buyer.

Anyway, I tend to get easily frustrated and this is a problem that I have to get over…

Thanks a lot for responding to my post!

How come you don’t see the pdf that I sent you, and you rate me badly for this?

😬 this message did make me cringe. It is quite aggressive and you did mention bad review in your message to them. So it’s better to leave it there and not to contact support anymore.

You had a good chance of review being removed but now you will be risking a warning.

I would’ve just wrote to a client: “Hi, it seems you had a problem finding a delivery. I attached here a screenshot of a file in our delivery, please let me know if you have any trouble finding it”. And after that would’ve contact support instead of taking it on a buyer (even if they are wrong)

We sellers are also human. I was shocked by her review, because I’m very careful with my work and helpful in any request.

Thank yo so much for your message. I’m trying to do the best that I can and I was shocked when I read this review. I also did give her a 5* nice review, because nothing really seemed to be wrong in the process. I wonder, why they make us review a buyer in this way. It is clearly misleading. Also, we cannot write a honest review as sellers because we wouldn’t want to risk our relationship with this buyer.

Anyway, I tend to get easily frustrated and this is a problem that I have to get over…

Thanks a lot for responding to my post!

I both agree and disagree - I feel like many people would be very reactive (again, unfortunately) if they saw that they had bad reviews (both sellers and buyers, really.)

Honestly, I can understand how you feel - I get frustrated easily (but often more… internally, so end up huffing and puffing until I explode!) Working for four years with kids made me a lot calmer but even now I slip up. Trying to find a solution comes before anger (and then I’ll probably explode silently to my friends or family haha). I feel like in my case if I boom, exploded… it wouldn’t have ended well (though taking the blame isn’t great either! We all grow with bad experiences though, so I’m sure that you’ve learnt something new here, too.

Did you asked the buyer before delivering the package? In future I would suggest you to ask the buyer if they are really satisfied with the order.

I don’t understand what you are meaning exactly!

I always send a “thank you note”. I write to them that my work is attached as a “pdf” file and I close my note with a nice closing.

I didn’t get any response back… just this rating…

How can I ask them if they are satisfied, if they don’t receive it and open the file that I sent them?

I don’t understand what you are meaning exactly!

I always send a “thank you note”. I write to them that my work is attached as a “pdf” file and I close my note with a nice closing.

I didn’t get any response back… just this rating…

How can I ask them if they are satisfied, if they don’t receive it and open the file that I sent them?

Some people deliver through the inbox before actually delivering (sorry, I just saw this and had to pop in!) I think on some pages (or something) newer sellers are encouraged to show their work to the buyer first that way before even having an order placed (I guess to avoid negative reviews!) I’ve ordered from some newer sellers and that’s something I’ve noticed! I always send a preview but never the full file (since it could get stolen quite easily!)

We sellers are also human. I was shocked by her review, because I’m very careful with my work and helpful in any request.

We sellers are also human

I know, I totally understand. I also get frustrated a lot. However that’s not a reason to take your frustration on a client. You have to stay professional.

I do take some time before replying if I feel that I’m going to write something inappropriate in the moment to avoid situations like this.

You could get that review removed however now that you reacted in the moment it’s higher chance to receive a warning instead of removing review.

Archived