Is it possible to accept a past delivery?

kendal1122

Hi,

This is the first time I’ve used Fiverr and I ordered a logo from someone. They sent the initial concept, and I asked for it to be revised because I realized it look vary similar like someone else’s logo and requested that they add or change part of it so it would look different.

Instead of revising it they sent over a completely new design, but while comparing it the first design, I feel as though the first was much higher quality and I’d rather go with that and attempt to edit it myself. I feel horrible because they spent time on a new design, but the first one was just so much better so I’d rather accept that. If I hit “yes, I approve delivery,” would I be able to select the first design, or do I need to ask for another revision and request they just send the first design again?

Thank you!

I think yeah, you need to ask the seller to send the first design in another revision, as long as the seller delivered the image file which Fiverr puts a watermark on till the order acceptance. on your acceptance, Fiverr remove the watermark on the latest delivery as far as I know.

Hi there…,

I think it’s better to be honest with your seller.
Just says that their first design is much better, and ask to make new revision again bases on the first delivery. As long as you didn’t ask revision more than agreement. 🙂

So to be safe…, don’t accept the delivery if you are still not satisfied.
Once you accept the delivery, your seller can decline to do more revisions / any editing. 🙂

Hi,

This is the first time I’ve used Fiverr and I ordered a logo from someone. They sent the initial concept, and I asked for it to be revised because I realized it look vary similar like someone else’s logo and requested that they add or change part of it so it would look different.

Instead of revising it they sent over a completely new design, but while comparing it the first design, I feel as though the first was much higher quality and I’d rather go with that and attempt to edit it myself. I feel horrible because they spent time on a new design, but the first one was just so much better so I’d rather accept that. If I hit “yes, I approve delivery,” would I be able to select the first design, or do I need to ask for another revision and request they just send the first design again?

Thank you!

I feel horrible because they spent time on a new design,

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I don’t have to add anything to the replies you got regarding your “technical” question; as someone who is both a seller but has bought a number of Gigs too, I just wanted to say that there’s really no need to feel horrible. The people who should feel horrible are those who purposely try to scam others, both on buyer and and seller side, while you sound like a considerate person.

Especially with Gigs that have to do with design, art, and such, most if not all sellers know and will, or at least should expect that not every buyer will be completely happy right away, that’s why such Gigs usually come with revisions, or you can buy revisions as an extra.

Sellers won’t start doubting their skills just because one in n customers asks for a revision if they work in a creative field, where so much is subjective.

If you feel that your request is out of the Gig/revision scope, you can ask a seller to send a “Gig Extra” to cover the additional work (they can also add additional time if needed when they send you the Extra for approval).

If you feel bad after all even though revisions are included and your requests are within revision scope because you feel they spent too much time on your job for the money they receive, you can always give them a tip when you complete the order. That’s what I did in a case where I wanted some detail changed. Revision was included but I felt better with topping the Gig price up.

If revisions were included with the Gig you bought, however, it’s fine to use them, as long as you’re asking for actual revisions (and not for additional work, completely new designs, to end up with more than paid for, which some people try).

Archived