Re-recording for Commercial use of

ricksims875

I made a composition and recording for a client that is interested in re-recording the composition for commercial release. The “commercial use” box was checked. Do they have the rights to re-record the track and sell it without giving me credit or paying royalties?

You are a freelancer, right?

Fiverr is a freelancing platform, right?

Typically, after you provide the content to a Buyer in a freelance arrangement, you forfeit any rights to that work.

At least that’s how I’ve always viewed freelancing (I’m a writer of web content).

I would think the same thing applies to any form of freelancing, but you bring up an interesting point.

Maybe one of the active music composers on the Forum can help explain this.

I made a composition and recording for a client that is interested in re-recording the composition for commercial release. The “commercial use” box was checked. Do they have the rights to re-record the track and sell it without giving me credit or paying royalties?

Do they have the rights to re-record the track and sell it without giving me credit or paying royalties?

Yes, TOS says what the buyer purchase belongs to them, unless you specify in your gig that they need to buy commercial rights.

Archived