What could I do to improve my gig?

user5004

In the last 30 days, I’ve had 83 impressions, 1 click and 1 order. This is also my ONLY order since I signed up 5 months ago. I delivered to the buyer on time but he did not leave a rating or review. What could I do to improve my gig?

favicon-32x32.png.60d0090ee8f9f46a681b229d17ddaeac.png Fiverr.com
proofread-and-edit-your-work-in-48-hours.jpg.10a75993d6d17cd7041f458700ae76cc.jpg

User5004: I will proofread and edit your business plan and more in 24 hours...

For only $5, User5004 will proofread and edit your business plan and more in 24 hours. | I have a first-class honours degree in journalism. For the past seven years I have provided my proofreading and editing skills to companies on their:·Business |...

I think that these two points may be part of the reason why you are having trouble getting orders:

· I do not write or rewrite content

· I do not work with PDF files. I will need Microsoft Word.

To me, when someone offers to proofread something, sure, they are looking to correct sentence structure and spelling, but, I get a bit confused with your Gig because while you say you do not write or rewrite content - your Gig does say you will EDIT things - which, in my mind, means you will give me rewritten parts of what I supply to you where needed.

As for not working with PDF and only Microsoft Word - that may cut off a lot of potential buyers who do not have Word on their computer. I know you may be trying to avoid the monthly fee Adobe wants to charge to be able to use the edit function, but, again, maybe that is why some shy away from your Gig.

I also feel $5 is a bit cheap for what you offer as well. Maybe start at $10.

I also think that your ONE Gig is trying to be everything to everyone - you could actually make more than one Gig since you seem to specialize in more than one type of document. This would also help you be FOUND in the listings - as you could use the tags for specific Gigs that relate to what you would offer. So, you could make separate Gigs for these things you offer in this ONE Gig (it will help you gain exposure):

· Business Plans

· Business documents

· Reports

· Pitches and speeches

· Website copy

· Resumes/CVs and covering letters.

Just make sure if you do create a Gig for each or some of the above, you use different Gig images - do not use the same one for all your Gigs. Fiverr doesn’t like that. As for your Gig image - kind of depressing and boring - blue script with grey pic? Kill me now. 😸

There is a need for your service and you seem to actually have skills! I would also wonder when you say you graduated with “first class honours” what does this mean? Does this mean you graduated Summa Cum Laude from University? If so, I would use that instead of “first class honours”.

Your type of Gig would also do well if you have a LinkedIn profile. Do not ask me how to use LinkedIn to get clients - I do not use it, but, I think your Gig is right up that alley.

GG

These are my suggestions/comments:

In the gig image it says “Writing a winning business plan” but I’m not sure that’s clear enough about what you do in the gig (since you proofread/edit them) and your description says “I do not write or rewrite content”.

Some of the text in the gig image gets cut off in the profile page. If it was about 1.619:1 aspect ratio less would get cropped. I’d check the 3rd search tag. You could add an FAQ section to the gig if that would help buyers. In the profile I’d check the 3rd skill listed.

In the gig image it says “Writing a winning business plan” but I’m not sure that’s clear enough about what you do in the gig (since you proofread/edit them) and your description says “I do not write or rewrite content”.

Some of the text in the gig image gets cut off in the profile page. If it was about 1.619:1 aspect ratio less would get cropped. I’d check the 3rd search tag. You could add an FAQ section to the gig if that would help buyers. In the profile I’d check the 3rd skill listed.

“Writing a winning business plan”

AND:

“I do not write or rewrite content”.

This is where I got confused too. If we are confused, then you can bet dollars to donuts potential buyers will be confused - they may wonder, “What exactly does this guy do?” “He writes but he doesn’t write?”

Huh? Oh well, I will just move to the next listing that is clear on what I will get. Unfortunately, you only have seconds to capture their interest and snag them up to buy what you are offering. So, if a potential buyer is confused about what you offer, they may just move on to the next listing, because people are lazy and want things EASY and NOW!

GG

I think that these two points may be part of the reason why you are having trouble getting orders:

· I do not write or rewrite content

· I do not work with PDF files. I will need Microsoft Word.

To me, when someone offers to proofread something, sure, they are looking to correct sentence structure and spelling, but, I get a bit confused with your Gig because while you say you do not write or rewrite content - your Gig does say you will EDIT things - which, in my mind, means you will give me rewritten parts of what I supply to you where needed.

As for not working with PDF and only Microsoft Word - that may cut off a lot of potential buyers who do not have Word on their computer. I know you may be trying to avoid the monthly fee Adobe wants to charge to be able to use the edit function, but, again, maybe that is why some shy away from your Gig.

I also feel $5 is a bit cheap for what you offer as well. Maybe start at $10.

I also think that your ONE Gig is trying to be everything to everyone - you could actually make more than one Gig since you seem to specialize in more than one type of document. This would also help you be FOUND in the listings - as you could use the tags for specific Gigs that relate to what you would offer. So, you could make separate Gigs for these things you offer in this ONE Gig (it will help you gain exposure):

· Business Plans

· Business documents

· Reports

· Pitches and speeches

· Website copy

· Resumes/CVs and covering letters.

Just make sure if you do create a Gig for each or some of the above, you use different Gig images - do not use the same one for all your Gigs. Fiverr doesn’t like that. As for your Gig image - kind of depressing and boring - blue script with grey pic? Kill me now. 😸

There is a need for your service and you seem to actually have skills! I would also wonder when you say you graduated with “first class honours” what does this mean? Does this mean you graduated Summa Cum Laude from University? If so, I would use that instead of “first class honours”.

Your type of Gig would also do well if you have a LinkedIn profile. Do not ask me how to use LinkedIn to get clients - I do not use it, but, I think your Gig is right up that alley.

GG

Thank you so much for this! This is exactly what I needed, I’m going to make all those changes 🙂 I’ll get a better one! First class honours is a undergraduate degree classification, but I’ve since looked it up and realised it only applies to Britain so I’ll find a term that’s more universal.

Thanks for answering! Good point about the confusing message between the image and text, I’ll change that. I’ll add a FAQ too and check the 3rd search tag

Archived