Can a buyer do this to me?

cris02

Since I started working with a client, my views started to go down and I was on the last pages. I recently stopped working with him because he asked me a lot of orders and paid me very little. Today I realized that he has another account as a seller and sells my works at a higher price, is that allowed?

I know after an order is delivered the client can give a secret review, could he have given me secret bad reviews so that I don’t get orders and only work for him?

Should I report this to support?

Thanks, friends.

Hi @cris0. While any negative secret reviews might affect your profile, it’s also just likely that your gig is being shuffled around by the algorithm.

This is from Fiverr’s Help and Education page for terms on Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights:

favicon-32x32.png.86862f4b07f5f7acfb865db3782cd495.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.822deb32f88269fa1e402037f2a09883.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

While buyers are normally granted full license of the delivered work, is this particular buyer reselling your work while claiming it is theirs? If you think you have a case, contact Customer Support, and see if it falls under copyright infringement.

Best of luck! I know there are many more experienced sellers here, and they might have more information on this particular issue. After you settle everything, if you haven’t already, I’d personally block the buyer. There’s no reason to put up with disrespectful, shady clients for the sake of money- it’s almost never worth it long term.

Since I started working with a client, my views started to go down and I was on the last pages. I recently stopped working with him because he asked me a lot of orders and paid me very little. Today I realized that he has another account as a seller and sells my works at a higher price, is that allowed?

I know after an order is delivered the client can give a secret review, could he have given me secret bad reviews so that I don’t get orders and only work for him?

Should I report this to support?

Thanks, friends.

Today I realized that he has another account as a seller and sells my works at a higher price, is that allowed?

This is something that a lot of freelancers tend to forget.

Once you release your work to a Buyer, you no longer own it.

You no longer have rights to it.

Once the contract has been completed, the Buyer can use what they purchased from you however they want.

That’s why it’s called freelancing - you are free of any connection to the work you complete.

For me, I love that because my name does not appear on anything I have completed for other Buyers and I know my work has helped many Buyers to succeed.

I got what I wanted - to be paid for my work.

End of story.

If someone is using your work, after paying you for it, and this is an issue for you…maybe freelancing isn’t right for you.

Archived