Just got scammed by a buyer ($130)

Delivered an order. It was 10 Articles ($130 USD) for a website. Published the content on buyer’s site. Got 5-star ratings and positive feedback “Amazing work!! Extremely fast and reliable!! Will definitely order again”

And after 10 hours “THE BUYER CANCELLED THIS ORDER AND FUNDS WERE RETURNED TO THEIR BALANCE” I received this message.

Now the buyer’s profile is gone and he also changed his Wordpress website password so that I can’t get back my articles.

I just contacted CC, let see what’s their take. And this is the second time something like this happened to me, last time Fiverr did nothing.

Buyers are scamming sellers. Fiverr should do something to prevent this. I just lost $130 and Provide 10 articles for free.

Here’s the buyer’s website " ". Content is published and indexed. There is no way to get it back.

A bad day on Fiverr!

Update:

The order is still canceled, buyer’s profile is still not accessible (not even from another account).

But the funds are back in my account.

Earlier the Pending clearance date was 10th June! now It’s reduced to 3rd June.

Thanks, Fiverr!

1.thumb.JPG.58f9edb9db38a4986d5289f17fd962e5.JPG
11580×175 16.5 KB

Update:

The order is still canceled, buyer’s profile is still not accessible (not even from another account).

Thanks, Fiverr!

Update 2: Got an email from Fiverr.

We Protect You From Fraud Chargebacks

Good news! Your revenues for the canceled order by xxxxx due to a dispute were returned to your account, without affecting your cancellation rate.

You can withdraw these funds from your account after a safety period of 7 days.

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team!

Good news! Your revenues for the canceled order by xxxxx due to a dispute were returned to your account, without affecting your cancellation rate.

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team!

Great Job ! Fiverr got your back!

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team!

Wow! Great news, you got your money back. I am really happy to be on this Fiverr.com platform, it’s a win win thing because everyone is protected 😀

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team!

great congratulations deliver a bundle of thanks to team fiverr for this great act

Update:

Thanks, Fiverr!

That’s great. And happy to know that if I get scams like this ,I will still have a chance to get what I deserve. This will help me in the future work. Thanks

It’s happened to me about 40 times. Last year was the worst, as I lost a $400 order. I only accept small orders now. I really wish Fiverr would do something about this.

This is quite scary. It really calls for caution on the seller’s side

Update:

Thanks, Fiverr!

buyer’s profile is still not accessible (not even from another account).

This is because when a buyer does a charge back as this one did, or engages in fraudulent activities, their account gets banned and removed from Fiverr.

Glad you got your money though - although, I would personally be “white knuckling it” until those funds clear and I can grab them!

GG

I may be wrong here but this is a genuine question…

Why would you publish the content to the buyers website before completing the order? Isn’t there a way of showing buyers a preview of the work without them being able to access it?

Order was completed and I also received 5 star rating! Even then buyers can cancel the order and apply for a chargeback.

Order was completed and I also received 5 star rating! Even then buyers can cancel the order and apply for a chargeback.

Thank you for answering my question - I didn’t read your original post properly.

The fact that Fiverr allows Buyers to cancel an order even after the order has been completed and payments has been completed is absolutely ridiculous.

Archived