Can I modify the order to charge less?

isai92

A client just ordered a voice over and included the Full broadcast rights.
The thing is he doesn’t need those rights (not even the commercial rights), but he does need the fee for synchronization, which he didn’t include.
The problem is that the rights he bought are 5 USD more expensive than the fee for the synchronization. How can I give him the 5 USD back?
(I still haven’t said anything because I want to have the solution ready).

• Like 6

What happened to you was the case with me a few days ago aaand, guess what? You can’t.
Both you and Support can only bump the order’s price up, which is lame.
The solution they gave me: have the client cancel the order and place a new one or sort it out yourselves. 🙃

In the end my buyer paid the accidental full amount since he has to come back for more material, as we agreed for me to take out the equivalent of his overcharge out of the next order’s amount. But even this solution shouldn’t have to happen like this because it does make the whole experience rest on my honesty rather than the site’s design, which is, again, lame.

Charging less is not possible. Would have to cancel the order and create a new order with the lower price, but cancellations (without CS assistance) are not recommended for a seller as they carry negative effects to profile stats and potentially to gig visibility.

I’ve only had 2 cancellations in a little over a year of selling on Fiverr, and one of them was for the same reason.

• Like 1

There is no option for returning for sure .
But I had an incidence about increasing the price and some other issue that was not going with that gig criteria . so I sent cancellation request under the option " Buyer will order again " and it didn’t affect my rate . And Buyer ordered me again.

So it could be an option you may work with decreasing the price too without affecting your profile .

• Like 2

There is no option for returning for sure .

But I had an incidence about increasing the price and some other issue that was not going with that gig criteria . so I sent cancellation request under the option " Buyer will order again " and it didn’t affect my rate . And Buyer ordered me again.

So it could be an option you may work with decreasing the price too without affecting your profile .

Thank you! I will tell my client this.

• Like 1

Thank you! I will tell my client this.

Hi, I returned to this thread again to inform you that I think now its better to cancel by C/S. I have Just witnessed one of my country sellers cancelling the same way affects her rate. I am lil bit confused now on which basis fiverr calculate profile’s rate actually .

So, mentioning the fact of ordering again to C/S cancelled by them seems quite safer side now .