How to tackle Fiverr 3.0?

Hello people,
Hope you’re all having a fantastic weekend. We’ve started our Fiverr journey in January 2021 and we’ve dedicated most of time towards building our rep. In the first month there wasn’t much traction but we’ve managed to pull the numbers and became a level 1 seller in two months.

Fast forward to April, everything was going well until we’ve had a disagreement with a client and had to cancel an order. This resulted in deranking and a drop in order completion rate. From there, it has been nightmare, clients are no longer knocking and we’re unable to pull any clients through buyer request as they are limited for our current tier.

Curiously, we’ve started lurking across the forums and noticed that quite a few number of sellers were facing the same issue. Is there anyway to recover from this? This has affected us tremendously and we’d be more than happy to learn the measures to fix this. We’re aware of gig rotation, only a couple of our gigs have been pushed behind some pages in the search results.

Please share any tips that’ll help us and others get back on track! Thank you.

Ps: Refrain yourself from telling to promote gigs on social media, we’ve all heard it a thousand times.

Hello,
I know that the system is a bit crucial in terms of ranking. You have done a great job so far to achieve level 1 within 2 months time.
I am answering you with my experience. he order completion rate is decided with the number of orders that you have completed. By doing more orders and reducing cancellations can help you.
To get more orders you can try sending buyer requests daily. And increasing your rating will help you to get a good rank.

All the best!!

Hello,

I know that the system is a bit crucial in terms of ranking. You have done a great job so far to achieve level 1 within 2 months time.

I am answering you with my experience. he order completion rate is decided with the number of orders that you have completed. By doing more orders and reducing cancellations can help you.

To get more orders you can try sending buyer requests daily. And increasing your rating will help you to get a good rank.

All the best!!

Thank you! Buyers request page is the only hope we are clinging on to! The competition is at an all time high but we’re guessing a couple of successful orders later we don’t have to look go near that page.

Thank you! Buyers request page is the only hope we are clinging on to! The competition is at an all time high but we’re guessing a couple of successful orders later we don’t have to look go near that page.

Buyer requests are your friend through thick and thin, when your gig is not ranking on any keyword or you are not getting any orders automatically then these 10 daily requests are your best friends. As I have been saying in my previous posts as well, I am not that much a successful seller on Fiverr, I just have around almost a thousand orders completed and around 680+ reviews but I can’t consider myself successful, but here are some of my tips that might help you in sending your buyer requests,…

I just found this post regarding " how to write effective buyer request ". Hope it helps.

• 2 months later...

Hi.

Same story here. On 30th April 2021, I had to cancel a order of a VID buyer. From 01st May all my gigs got de-ranked. I didn't receive any order from since. I thought everything will be back to normal after 60 days. But id did not. I regret a lot for agreeing for that mutual cancellation.

Thank you for you post.

Regards.

• 2 months later...

Hello

I created my Fiverr account in December 2020. I received my first order in January 2021, which earned a 5-star rating with a good review. After that, impressions increased gradually, and so did orders. In April, my main gig received about 1000 impressions a day. I received at least one order daily. There were days I had to pause my gig due to the excessive workload. By this time, I had faced only one order cancellation. It was a cancellation done by Fiverr CS under my request, as the buyer was continuously asking for revisions. Hence, my gig ranking was not affected.

During the last week of April, I had about five orders on the dashboard. During this time, my rating was 4.9 (still 4.9). Then one of my family members was hospitalized, and I needed an urgent four-day leave. So asked for delivery date extensions from the buyers, saying it was a technical difficulty. 4/5 buyers accepted it without any problems. Only one buyer rejected the request without any reply. As it was urgent, I politely asked the buyer via a message. And the buyer did not reply to that as well. So I put my urgency aside, completed the order, and delivered about 14 hours before the due date, without any reduction in quality of work. I thought the buyer would complete the order immediately or ask for a revision because it seemed he was in a hurry. But that did not happen.

Two days after the order delivery, there was no response from the buyer. It made me realize that neither the buyer had an urgency nor had any issue with the order. I waited until the order was auto-completed the next day. But the buyer asked for revision with a message saying he thinks that he squeezed me for time, and he doesn't like any of those options. But it didn't even say what was wrong with the delivery. I got mad (which I regret now). Then I told him that I did not have any problem with time (which is not true). Since he didn't respond earlier, he must not have a problem with time either. And if he wants revision, let me know what was wrong with the delivery. The buyer misinterpreted my message as I didn't want to deliver revisions. So he requested to cancel the order mutually. I rejected it and said I had already spent my time on this work. Hence, I will not agree to cancel it, and I will deliver revisions if he is more specific. Then he requested revisions with new instructions. I returned a quality delivery. But the buyer wants to cancel the order saying we were not on the same page. He said he had bought 100 orders from Fiverr, never asked for a refund, and he would complain to CS about this. I asked him to proceed, wishing CS would take my side (silly me) because I knew I was right. The argument went on both sides several times. Then he threatened me that he would give me a negative rating when I rejected the mutual cancellation again. But in the end, fearing for a negative rating, I sent a mutual cancellation request to the buyer. Before sending it, I received a warning from Fiverr saying that the gig would be de-ranked. But I proceeded anyway.

It has been 154 days since the de-ranking. I receive around 20 impressions a day. And zero orders from new buyers. I contacted Fiverr CS four times. As per their instructions I shared my gig on social media, took skill tests, sent buyer requests, and stayed online. Last week, I changed my gig title, description, metadata, photo as well. Nothing has helped so far.

What is left to do now to get my gigs re-ranked? Will it ever re-rank? If, when?

Kind Regards,
Priyan

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 minute ago, priyan87 said:

What is left to do now to get my gigs re-ranked? Will it ever re-rank? If, when?

I don't have any official answers but I would say if your gig gets a few orders again it will help your gig "rank" as Fiverr's algorithm will notice your gig is getting sales. I am not saying this out of experience but more of as a theory. I know to get an order you kind of have to be "ranking", so your best bet would be getting a sale through buyer requests or the ones you advertised through social media. The "ranking" you so discuss is just on the search results, the most I could say to address visibility issues is to freshen up your gig (gig image, description, title, etc) ..

3 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I don't have any official answers but I would say if your gig gets a few orders again it will help your gig "rank" as Fiverr's algorithm will notice your gig is getting sales. I am not saying this out of experience but more of as a theory. I know to get an order you kind of have to be "ranking", so your best bet would be getting a sale through buyer requests or the ones you advertised through social media. The "ranking" you so discuss is just on the search results, the most I could say to address visibility issues is to freshen up your gig (gig image, description, title, etc) ..

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. I already updated my gig. And trying towards getting new orders.

Archived