Do I always need to submit a file when modification is requested?

josh_oh

Basically I delivered my order on time and the client requested modifications after the delivery time ended, so there’s a large red ‘LATE’ sign happening. It’s just that the client is asking for my advice back and forth and wanted to keep the chat open on the order chat, so there’s nothing for me to submit again. If i don’t submit something, however, would I be risking something statistically or order gets cancelled and I don’t get paid perhaps?

Yes, you always need to submit the file when you are asked for a modification.

thank you for the reply. if i don’t, is there a risk of me not getting paid or order gets cancelled? slightly getting suspicious if this is being abused by a client, but too soon to tell. there’s nothing to modify, but client wants to keep it open ‘just in case’. im wondering if it’s ok to leave it as is, or advise client to please close hmmm but i do offer unlimited revisions for my resume service.

thank you for the reply. if i don’t, is there a risk of me not getting paid or order gets cancelled? slightly getting suspicious if this is being abused by a client, but too soon to tell. there’s nothing to modify, but client wants to keep it open ‘just in case’. im wondering if it’s ok to leave it as is, or advise client to please close hmmm but i do offer unlimited revisions for my resume service.

Yes, you have to submit a new file after revision. You only get paid when the order is marked as completed.

Basically I delivered my order on time and the client requested modifications after the delivery time ended, so there’s a large red ‘LATE’ sign happening. It’s just that the client is asking for my advice back and forth and wanted to keep the chat open on the order chat, so there’s nothing for me to submit again. If i don’t submit something, however, would I be risking something statistically or order gets cancelled and I don’t get paid perhaps?

the client is asking for my advice back and forth

Is advice a part of the order?

It’s one thing if it a part of your service, but if it’s not, then you need to say ‘no’ and state that if they want you to provide further service to them, you’ll need to charge for your time.

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

If the order is fully complete to the original scope and specifications, then redeliver the order.

the client is asking for my advice back and forth

Is advice a part of the order?

It’s one thing if it a part of your service, but if it’s not, then you need to say ‘no’ and state that if they want you to provide further service to them, you’ll need to charge for your time.

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

If the order is fully complete to the original scope and specifications, then redeliver the order.

thank you for the advice. im fairly new to freelancing (but worked a lot at school as a volunteer advisor, so i have this habit to consult for free), so these pointers come as important to me.

Archived