Received Warning by Fiverr

Hello,

I received a warning from Fiverr, that I shared my personal payment info with others to receive payments other than Fiverr.

How can refuse these claim and appeal to Fiverr

Regards.

Well, first off, did you mention any sort of payment types within the messaging system here with the potential client/buyer? Even mentioning certain things like money, PayPal, payment etc can get you in hot water and a TOS violation.

I shared my personal payment info

This is pretty straightforward as far as they are claiming you gave your PayPal, Venmo, Payoneer or whatever source to others.

We here in the forum are not the judge or jury, only Fiverr can show you the messages that back up their claim that you did this. You need to contact them and explain if you did not do this - (did a potential buyer mention an offsite payment?) and see how they respond. If they do have evidence, they will share it with you.

GG

Well, first off, did you mention any sort of payment types within the messaging system here with the potential client/buyer? Even mentioning certain things like money, PayPal, payment etc can get you in hot water and a TOS violation.

I shared my personal payment info

This is pretty straightforward as far as they are claiming you gave your PayPal, Venmo, Payoneer or whatever source to others.

We here in the forum are not the judge or jury, only Fiverr can show you the messages that back up their claim that you did this. You need to contact them and explain if you did not do this - (did a potential buyer mention an offsite payment?) and see how they respond. If they do have evidence, they will share it with you.

GG

Even mentioning certain things like money, PayPal, payment, etc can get you in hot water and a TOS violation.

This isn’t 100% accurate. The violation has nothing to do with the individual words themselves. It will be a violation only if the entire sentence you used that word in, is a violation. Fiverr restrict accounts manually so they read through chats before doing so. You can use any word as you wish unless that word is a bad word. but the entire meaning of the message you’re sending shouldn’t break ToS.

I received a warning from Fiverr, that I shared my personal payment info with others to receive payments other than Fiverr.

But as you received this message, potentially they already confirmed that you did so. but if you did use words like money, or payment but didn’t mean to do transactions off of the platform in any means you must be fine.

Even mentioning certain things like money, PayPal, payment, etc can get you in hot water and a TOS violation.

This isn’t 100% accurate. The violation has nothing to do with the individual words themselves. It will be a violation only if the entire sentence you used that word in, is a violation. Fiverr restrict accounts manually so they read through chats before doing so. You can use any word as you wish unless that word is a bad word. but the entire meaning of the message you’re sending shouldn’t break ToS.

But as you received this message, potentially they already confirmed that you did so. but if you did use words like money, or payment but didn’t mean to do transactions off of the platform in any means you must be fine.

don’t share your personal contact information

Given that they automatically block accounts due to the gig images their system might think are non-unique, no wonder if they could utilize the same approach with “bad words” by occasion.

Hello,

Regards.

You have violated the fiverr’s rule, so you have got warned. This is applicable to everybody.

Don’t break any rules further.

After 30 days you will be safe.

You may read fiverr’s TOS here.

favicon-32x32.png.f31877a67281d494d43864fe1ea33ae6.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.83a0852999bd342e39f4ae64aabe0d5d.png

Fiverr's Terms of Service

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

How our warning system works:

• If it’s your first warning, you will be reminded of Fiverr’s Terms of Service. Repeat violations may result in account suspension.
  • A second warning of the same type will result in account suspension.
  • A second warning of a different type for leveled sellers will result in account demotion.
  • Three warnings of any type will result in your account being suspended.

Notes:

• Warnings you receive in your account might affect your seller level eligibility. Learn more about Fiverr’s Level System.
  • Some violations may result in an immediate block without warning based on the severity of the violation.

Archived