NEED OPINION - Contract between a buyer & seller through Fiverr!

lynkus

Hey fellow sellers!

Looking for your advice and opinion. I am new seller on Fiverr from the UK and my gigs are getting the clicks. Within my first few days, I have 2 buyers enquiring about my services. The first one seems like genuine and is an old Fiverr user. He has reviews from previously purchases gigs. The second one however seems a bit odd. It’s a new account (probably a few days old), with no picture and reviews. This sent me on a bit of a fact finding mission. I read all about how sellers were scammed by buyers after the work was delivered and how buyers can cancel their gig even in the future.

So, I went ahead and came up with an idea to avoid getting scammed (as best as I can). In the requirements section of my gig, I added the terms and conditions of my service. In the form of multiple choice question and required reply, I added the following T&C:

1. In case the buyer is not happy with the service and refuses to accept the delivery, they will have no commercial or any other rights to use my work for profitable or non-profitable benefits of their business/themselves.
  2. In case the buyer accepts the work and later chooses to cancel the order at any given time, they will have no commercial or any other rights to use my work for profitable or non-profitable benefits of their business/themselves.
  3. In case a buyer continues to use the work for profitable or non-profitable benefits of their business/themselves, they will have to pay the monthly fees of the service/ services for the length of the time they have been using or will be using it.
  4. By placing an order with me on Fiverr, the buyer has accepted all the above mentioned terms & conditions. In case of breach of the terms & conditions, the buyer will be liable for damages up to $20,000.

And the choices are:

1. Yes
  2. Yes, of course! ( :rofl: )

I know that it will be hard or next to impossible to enforce the contract in case of breach, but I still think it’s worth a shot. If the buyer wants to cancel the order after reading the T&C, I am fine with it. It’s not my full time job and I don’t want to be scammed at any cost. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

I’ve done sort of the same thing in my order form.

The questions are only good if a Buyer reads them.

So…don’t expect your “filter” to work perfectly.

However, it may help cut down on the number of scammers you encounter.

Remember, scammers DON’T FOLLOW RULES.

They will try to find any way to get around them.

Therefore, some will ignore your terms and go straight to ordering with no regard to what you’ve asked of them.

Gah!

Uhh, you are aware that Fiverr already has the stipulation that a buyer cannot use a delivery if the order is cancelled, right? Actually making sure the buyer doesn’t use a delivery is an entirely different matter…

Your personal conditions are only as good as your willingness to follow through and actually enforce them. Trying to sue international buyers for 20 grand…good luck with that.

I’ve done sort of the same thing in my order form.

The questions are only good if a Buyer reads them.

So…don’t expect your “filter” to work perfectly.

However, it may help cut down on the number of scammers you encounter.

Remember, scammers DON’T FOLLOW RULES.

They will try to find any way to get around them.

Therefore, some will ignore your terms and go straight to ordering with no regard to what you’ve asked of them.

Thank you so much for your opinion! I know that it’s not going shoo away scammers completely. And like you pointed out, it may help cut down on the number of scammers I encounter.

On a side note, since you have done something similar with your order form…did it help you at all? Did you face any kind of problem with a buyer?

Thanks!

Gah!

Uhh, you are aware that Fiverr already has the stipulation that a buyer cannot use a delivery if the order is cancelled, right? Actually making sure the buyer doesn’t use a delivery is an entirely different matter…

Your personal conditions are only as good as your willingness to follow through and actually enforce them. Trying to sue international buyers for 20 grand…good luck with that.

Hi,

I know that suing an international buyer wont be easy. However, I offer SEO services. Unlike most other sellers, my service will stay on the buyer’s website even after he has cancelled the order. And Fiverr wont be able to do anything in that case. I have mentioned already that it might not help me much, but it might discourage few potential scammers.

Thank you so much for your opinion! I know that it’s not going shoo away scammers completely. And like you pointed out, it may help cut down on the number of scammers I encounter.

On a side note, since you have done something similar with your order form…did it help you at all? Did you face any kind of problem with a buyer?

Thanks!

I see the odd scammer, but not many.

Usually they inbox me first to try to “fish” information out of me but never seem to move from there to an order.

I see the odd scammer, but not many.

Usually they inbox me first to try to “fish” information out of me but never seem to move from there to an order.

Thank you for your reply! And one last question, any tips for a brand new seller on Fiverr? I offer SEO services.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I would just suggest you check out the Fiverr Tips section here on the Forum for ideas.

Not all of them are legit, but you may be inspired by something there.

I have been on Fiverr for five years.

I have been a full-time freelancer since 2016.

I get most of my work through my business website and Google My Business page.

Fiverr just gives me part-time extra work.

My top piece of advice would be to not expect Fiverr to provide you with full-time income.

If you use the multiple streams of income model I have developed, then whatever you get from Fiverr should compliment your other work.

I would just suggest you check out the Fiverr Tips section here on the Forum for ideas.

Not all of them are legit, but you may be inspired by something there.

I have been on Fiverr for five years.

I have been a full-time freelancer since 2016.

I get most of my work through my business website and Google My Business page.

Fiverr just gives me part-time extra work.

My top piece of advice would be to not expect Fiverr to provide you with full-time income.

If you use the multiple streams of income model I have developed, then whatever you get from Fiverr should compliment your other work.

Thank you for the tips!

This wouldn’t work on a scammers, they doesn’t care about these things. even you say all of these, how do you actually sue or taken an action if someone actually broke any of these terms? basically there is now way to avoid them doing so.

What this could do is that confuse your real buyers, not scammers. scammers are with their scammy mind so it doesn’t matter what you say in your terms. As long as they know that they’re free to do things, they’ll do.

Hey fellow sellers!

Looking for your advice and opinion. I am new seller on Fiverr from the UK and my gigs are getting the clicks. Within my first few days, I have 2 buyers enquiring about my services. The first one seems like genuine and is an old Fiverr user. He has reviews from previously purchases gigs. The second one however seems a bit odd. It’s a new account (probably a few days old), with no picture and reviews. This sent me on a bit of a fact finding mission. I read all about how sellers were scammed by buyers after the work was delivered and how buyers can cancel their gig even in the future.

So, I went ahead and came up with an idea to avoid getting scammed (as best as I can). In the requirements section of my gig, I added the terms and conditions of my service. In the form of multiple choice question and required reply, I added the following T&C:

1. In case the buyer is not happy with the service and refuses to accept the delivery, they will have no commercial or any other rights to use my work for profitable or non-profitable benefits of their business/themselves.
  2. In case the buyer accepts the work and later chooses to cancel the order at any given time, they will have no commercial or any other rights to use my work for profitable or non-profitable benefits of their business/themselves.
  3. In case a buyer continues to use the work for profitable or non-profitable benefits of their business/themselves, they will have to pay the monthly fees of the service/ services for the length of the time they have been using or will be using it.
  4. By placing an order with me on Fiverr, the buyer has accepted all the above mentioned terms & conditions. In case of breach of the terms & conditions, the buyer will be liable for damages up to $20,000.

And the choices are:

1. Yes
  2. Yes, of course! ( :rofl: )

I know that it will be hard or next to impossible to enforce the contract in case of breach, but I still think it’s worth a shot. If the buyer wants to cancel the order after reading the T&C, I am fine with it. It’s not my full time job and I don’t want to be scammed at any cost. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

If the buyer wants to cancel the order after reading the T&C, I am fine with it. It’s not my full time job and I don’t want to be scammed at any cost. What do you guys think?

What I think is, I’d love to see what buyers who’d send a cancellation request after reading your T&C put as the cancellation reason, I don’t think there’s an option “I wanted to scam the seller but thought better of it after reading their T&C” but maybe there’s an “other” option where they could fill that in 😉

Sure, worth a shot, why not. Your best bet to not get scammed might be when your prices and gig set-up are such that most people will contact you first, and not order directly, as it gives you a chance to sound them out and avoid would-be scammers.

And welcome to the forum!

Archived