The Money Syndrome

pinsukka

I’m a new seller on Fiverr, but I’ve been doing internet marketing for years now and learned many things along the way. I figured sharing my thoughts could be useful for some people so why not. Here we go!

Let’s talk about money. It’s something that all of us need, some need less, some need more. But there is something I like to call “the money syndrome”. All the time people fail because of this syndrome, it consumes time and leaves no money in your pockets at the end of the day. What am I talking about?

I’m talking about people who try to sell stuff for sake of selling, for sake of money. When I started trying to get money on the internet, the very first thing I did was looking for SEO and other technical stuff. I tried finding a niche that would profit me the most for the least amount of work possible. I thought I found a great keyword that should have been easy to rank for, so there was no doubt in my mind I wouldn’t get money. But guess what, after 3 months of working on the website I realized something: I didn’t have the knowledge needed on the subject or the passion to continue working on it, so it failed hard.

At the time I still didn’t understand what was wrong so I went to another niche, just to fail again. I repeated this mistake 5 times until I finally realized that content and products are not created solely to get your pockets full of money, they are created out of passion and a true desire to help people.

So the question I have for all the new sellers reading this is: do you have the money syndrome? Or are you here because you love what you are doing and have a desire to give people the best service you can? If it’s the latter, congrats. You can keep at it for years and years even if you don’t see money right away.

The biggest reason people fail when doing business is because they give up. Not giving up is what you need to do, you must be ready to keep at it for a long time. Only few individuals have found success in a very short period of time, but for the rest of us building a long term business will take years of hard work. Think about what you are doing now, are you willing to keep at it for the rest of the year? What about the next year? Or the year after that? You will not success if the only reason you are here is to get money, you need to have passion for it too or you’ll be giving up eventually.

I hope this made you think a little, I wish the best for all of you.

Sheriff’s Note: Moved.

Archived