Order begins before I'm ready

Is there a button to accept an order, after which the deadline time starts ticking? I really hope Fiverr can offer/introduce this feature, because currently I discover an order has been made and I’ve already lost time without having had the option of clicking to accept an order after
which I’ve got the full 24-hour turnaround time.

Is there a button to accept an order, after which the deadline time starts ticking? I really hope Fiverr can offer/introduce this feature, because currently I discover an order has been made and I’ve already lost time without having had the option of clicking to accept an order after

which I’ve got the full 24-hour turnaround time.

Is there a button to accept an order

Unfortunately, that is not how the platform works. I usually leave a brief message in my gig description asking buyers to contact me first before placing an order. Other than that there is nothing you can do to delay the clock. Once the requirements are in, it’ll start.

Unfortunately once they place an order, that’s about it. If you are pressed for time, I would suggest adding more time to your delivery in your gig. That way in future orders you can work without feeling rushed.

Unfortunately, that is not how the platform works. I usually leave a brief message in my gig description asking buyers to contact me first before placing an order. Other than that there is nothing you can do to delay the clock. Once the requirements are in, it’ll start.

That’s a pity that Fiverr doesn’t offer such a useful feature.

It is what makes Fiverr stand out from the other freelance sites. It is why buyers come here. I like the feature. But you do need to have an adequate delivery time listed in your gig and make sure all of the information must be filled out in your gig requirements before the order can start.

I found downloading the Fiverr app on my phone has helped a lot with managing orders. 99% of my conversations happen on the app, and I get notified right away if someone messages me or places an order.

Give yourself enough time to complete your gigs (scale it based on how large a job), and ask that they message you first.

Also, most of my repeat business is custom gigs, so I can send the offer in with enough time to complete. Because my rates are decent, my clients don’t seem to mind.

Good luck!

I found downloading the Fiverr app on my phone has helped a lot with managing orders. 99% of my conversations happen on the app, and I get notified right away if someone messages me or places an order.

Give yourself enough time to complete your gigs (scale it based on how large a job), and ask that they message you first.

Also, most of my repeat business is custom gigs, so I can send the offer in with enough time to complete. Because my rates are decent, my clients don’t seem to mind.

Good luck!

and ask that they message you first.

While in theory this sounds great, the majority of buyers here are so click happy to order most times, they will bypass this notice on Gigs and order anyways.

Even if you have it in your Requirements page that they contact you BEFORE ordering, that wouldn’t work because the Requirements are filled out after one places an order. I suppose one could put it in their FAQ’s - but again, people who come to Fiverr tend to come here because they do not have to jump through hoops to order something - they just see a service they want or like and click a button. Easy peasey - not so easy for certain sellers or Gigs offered here who do need that before you order “interview” to see if they are a good match for what the buyer needs.

GG

and ask that they message you first.

While in theory this sounds great, the majority of buyers here are so click happy to order most times, they will bypass this notice on Gigs and order anyways.

Even if you have it in your Requirements page that they contact you BEFORE ordering, that wouldn’t work because the Requirements are filled out after one places an order. I suppose one could put it in their FAQ’s - but again, people who come to Fiverr tend to come here because they do not have to jump through hoops to order something - they just see a service they want or like and click a button. Easy peasey - not so easy for certain sellers or Gigs offered here who do need that before you order “interview” to see if they are a good match for what the buyer needs.

GG

Thanks so much - that was very helpful. All the best.

Hmm sure I have check out that

Archived