Is Wireframing Before Designing App UI Essential?

Usually, I don’t draw any sketch before any app design. I take a good thought about the app and also how to make that app user-friendly. I make a design in my mind start designing.
Some say it’s essential to design a wireframe first.
I want to know your thought about it.
Thanks in advance. 😇

That depends on how much time it takes, your emotions through the process, and how your end result comes out. (Also, your client contract.)

Think of it like a large LEGO set. Knolling might take a fair amount of time, but once you start building, you never have to hunt through a mess to find a specific piece.

Another way to think of it is a math problem. Kids are taught to show their work for two main reasons: proof of understanding the concept and practice for getting better/faster. There is, however another reason: the ability to explain the the concept in turn to someone else. And this is not just in math. There are several concepts in each branch of the basics of STEAM Education that are considered essential to higher education and deeper understanding.

That said, unless you have already completely mastered the ‘sketch’ step, then I would not recommend skipping it. A better basic understanding will ALWAYS help in the long run. Imagine creating a masterpiece, and not understanding how you got there, never being able to create anything that can compare to it.

That depends on how much time it takes, your emotions through the process, and how your end result comes out. (Also, your client contract.)

Think of it like a large LEGO set. Knolling might take a fair amount of time, but once you start building, you never have to hunt through a mess to find a specific piece.

Another way to think of it is a math problem. Kids are taught to show their work for two main reasons: proof of understanding the concept and practice for getting better/faster. There is, however another reason: the ability to explain the the concept in turn to someone else. And this is not just in math. There are several concepts in each branch of the basics of STEAM Education that are considered essential to higher education and deeper understanding.

That said, unless you have already completely mastered the ‘sketch’ step, then I would not recommend skipping it. A better basic understanding will ALWAYS help in the long run. Imagine creating a masterpiece, and not understanding how you got there, never being able to create anything that can compare to it.

A huge thanks to you @imagination7413 for this brief explanation. From now on I will start sketching before going for some design. ❤️

Archived