I'm a Top Rated Seller and my gigs are dying

Have you changed much about your service in the last 10 years?

What do you offer now that’s different to before?

Have you edited gigs in the past year or two?

Fiverr has changed massively in how they do things, from appearance to how gigs are shown. If you haven’t adapted to these and taken a look at your approach, you really need to. I feel this complaint is going to be very common soon. Fiverr and the world have changed since you began here (For context, Instagram was founded in 2010).

I too would recommend reading through ALL of that post linked above including comments to get your mind thinking about what you should do.

Yep, all my gigs are updated every 6 months to a year to keep them current. I use every single area that I can filling up the full word count, using the 3 spaces for gig graphics and also the 2 PDF slots which most people in my category rarely use.

Updating, keeping my gigs relevant, offering extra things every month for orders I do all of that. Whatever is happening on Fiverr it is 100% outside of anything that I am doing on my end.

I probably wouldn’t be in business on here if I just didn’t update things in 10 years 😛

• Like 3

Just wanted to thank everyone for their replies. I picked up a tad at the end of the month and some switch was turned on so I can promote my gigs now, which has helped with that thankfully.

While business isn’t the same as it was a year or two ago, it’s really nice to have so many people on here who help and respond to a topic 🙂 It’s one of the reasons why I love this site so much the community of awesome people 🙂

Cheers to you all! Have a wonderful weekend!

• Like 8

Just wanted to thank everyone for their replies. I picked up a tad at the end of the month and some switch was turned on so I can promote my gigs now, which has helped with that thankfully.

While business isn’t the same as it was a year or two ago, it’s really nice to have so many people on here who help and respond to a topic 🙂 It’s one of the reasons why I love this site so much the community of awesome people 🙂

Cheers to you all! Have a wonderful weekend!

What do you mean by pick a tad?

Can you please share your experience so we can learn too.

• Like 2

Yep, all my gigs are updated every 6 months to a year to keep them current. I use every single area that I can filling up the full word count, using the 3 spaces for gig graphics and also the 2 PDF slots which most people in my category rarely use.

Updating, keeping my gigs relevant, offering extra things every month for orders I do all of that. Whatever is happening on Fiverr it is 100% outside of anything that I am doing on my end.

I probably wouldn’t be in business on here if I just didn’t update things in 10 years 😛

Updating, keeping my gigs relevant, offering extra things every month for orders I do all of that.

Good - it always amazes me to see how many people just go with a set-and-forget approach

• Like 3

Updating, keeping my gigs relevant, offering extra things every month for orders I do all of that.

Good - it always amazes me to see how many people just go with a set-and-forget approach

Yeah I was really big on that in the beginning, making sure you use every single line of text or making sure you fill up your gig profiles with information is very important 🙂

• Like 2

What do you mean by pick a tad?

Can you please share your experience so we can learn too.

So for me, it seems like the last say 4-5 months, days 1-20 of the month are extremely slow, I get maybe 1 message a day if that, then days 20-30 seem to pick up to 2-4 message a day. My only guess is that because money seems to be tighter around the country and I mainly focus on book cover designs that the first of the months check is going to bills and then the end of the month people have money to spend on pet projects like their book. I can say also that after promoting my gigs for the past week I have gotten 2 promoted orders.

I don’t think we are going to get back to where we were 2-3 years ago with what is going on now and the economy, so it is what it is. I would suggest to anyone to save as much money as possible for the slow times, specially if you are self employed.

• Like 4

Well, Covid itself is not the issue.

The problem is that there are a lot and I mean A LOT of people that just came to the platform trying to make money online. Some lost their jobs, others want extra income, etc.

There are way more competitors everywhere, regardless of the category. I am a writer, for article and blog posts there were 19k writers at the start of this pandemic. Now there are well over 50k. So… You can see why there are issues. I didn’t check your profile, so pricing might also an issue, since a lot of buyers are trying to pay pennies on the dollar for many types of work.

Yes and some of those people are shady at best. There needs to be a greater oversight because those types of sellers are pushing out the good guys.

• Like 3

• wp_kid unfeatured this topic