Need advice-being scammed by the seller

eduardolain

Hey have a beautiful day everyone!

Sorry if you see misspellings

Days ago i requested a Food business logo for my restaurant and now that the seller delivered me the final work i have to say im really dissatisfied with it. It clearly does not match with what i wrote him down not even the 20 percent of what I request. I selected the option to cancel the order but I am informed that the seller can decide whether to accept the cancellation or not and i feel like this will be an arm wrestling match between him and me until one of us tires of canceling.

I ordered a logo with a blue atlantean holding a pit of fire with the name of my brand, i pointed with the images i gave him in a .ZIP of how i wanted the face and body of the Atlantean followed by the colors pointed as well, i showed him in another carpet ideas of how this ancient warrior looked like so he can familiarize with the concept. (I also wrote him down the same thing before the payment and he told me that with out problem he could do it).

At the end he just delivered me 2 logos´´ that are literally the same with an image that i never showed him, its a common image you can find in google typing Atlantean´´. He just copy and posted it in the work followed with the name of the brand in brushed style with a collage as background with all the images in the ZIP that i gave him AND! i paid him more than 30 bucks.

The work he has posted in his seller page does not match with the work he delivered me even that i paid for the premium package. I feel SCAMMED!

I wonder if somebody have been in this situation before and if its possible to ask fiverr for my refund to my bank account, i dont want to be scammed again. In a few words, i just want my money back into my debit card.

from a respond in the discussion:

i told him to put the same face of a picture i gave him, it was an easy stone head with not so much work to put in. Even it could had being vectorized and i would have accepted that.

Dont think i gave him an impossible project or that i was expecting too much, i told him to do it on a kinda cartoony way. Im not lying on my benefit, i was really dissaponted on what he gave me, he even didnt make an effort on the work, it looked like if he did it at the last hour. I MEAN he took all the pictures i gave him as references and did them like a kid collage for the background and those images obviously have copyright…´´

Fiverr is full of Scam providers. Anyone can claim anything on Fiverr and just walk away with your money. Worse yet they way they have their system setup, all the reviews you see are bogus. If you don’t give the seller a good review they return the favor and give the buyer a bad review so even a poor job get a 5 star review. There are some good providers but you really have to do your research and ask lots of questions or you will get SCAMMED again.

Fiverr is full of Scam providers. Anyone can claim anything on Fiverr and just walk away with your money. Worse yet they way they have their system setup, all the reviews you see are bogus. If you don’t give the seller a good review they return the favor and give the buyer a bad review so even a poor job get a 5 star review. There are some good providers but you really have to do your research and ask lots of questions or you will get SCAMMED again.

Fiverr is full of Scam providers

This is definitely a false claim , not all the sellers are great however that doesn’t mean that they are scammers , we can all have bad experiences with someone though.

If you don’t give the seller a good review they return the favor and give the buyer a bad review so even a poor job get a 5 star review.

completely false again … a seller can’t see the review until they review the buyer

i paid him more than 30 bucks

Sorry to say but ''I ordered a logo with a blue atlantean holding a pit of fire ‘’ is a bit unrealistic for 30 bucks…

Would it be possible for you to post the logos here on the forum so we can see the quality of what you received?

(Seeing the fruits of bad deliveries is almost always interesting or cringeworthy!)

i would rather to do that at the end of the reclamation, i already put a ticket on support on my case, i dont know if posting his name with his work could be witch hunt but i will edit the post in a few minutes so you can have an idea of how he did the logo.

I am sorry to hear that. As a seller I always feel bad for buyers when they ended up that way. I am pretty sure Fiverr will help you with that matter. I wish you good luck in your future orders and know that Fiverr has amazing logo designers (I am not one, so not selling myself here) that would love to help you.

Fiverr is full of Scam providers

This is definitely a false claim , not all the sellers are great however that doesn’t mean that they are scammers , we can all have bad experiences with someone though.

If you don’t give the seller a good review they return the favor and give the buyer a bad review so even a poor job get a 5 star review.

completely false again … a seller can’t see the review until they review the buyer

i paid him more than 30 bucks

Sorry to say but ''I ordered a logo with a blue atlantean holding a pit of fire ‘’ is a bit unrealistic for 30 bucks…

Well i contacted him, showed the project, how i wanted and if he was able to do the job before purchasing the premium deal i specify my budget as it said. He replied me ``SURE I CAN DO IT SIR´´

But even it could be unrealistic (knowing that a good logo maker could clearly do it, dont tell me its unrealistic cause in his seller page the logos he had as presentation were really professional, detailed and with a high value in looking.) He didnt respect the premium package, it says 3 logo design and he gave me 2 logos that are the same logo…

Well i contacted him, showed the project, how i wanted and if he was able to do the job before purchasing the premium deal i specify my budget as it said. He replied me ``SURE I CAN DO IT SIR´´

But even it could be unrealistic (knowing that a good logo maker could clearly do it, dont tell me its unrealistic cause in his seller page the logos he had as presentation were really professional, detailed and with a high value in looking.) He didnt respect the premium package, it says 3 logo design and he gave me 2 logos that are the same logo…

He didnt respect the premium package, it says 3 logo design and he gave me 2 logos that are the same logo…

Usually the story has 2 sides , we can’t know what really happened so it’s best to contact support

Sorry to hear… But I hate cheating because am a seller also. The best way is to contact support, they will kindly help you. Here you are, is a trusted platform, so you can’t be scammed. Since you have complained for the seller and the person refuse to provide your work, Contact Support by follow this link https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new to get everything settle.

``SURE I CAN DO IT SIR´´

:thinking:

Congratulations !!!

For defining scammers’ region by sentence !

PS: And giving a seller label of ‘SCAMMER’ without knowing actual truth !

Most of them say Sir Madam, etc and even if you visit their countries as a tourist, they are the first ones who want to scam you as well…I know where they come from but I don’t know what country you have in mind haha 😉

Ok, it is pretty bad situation and if everything as you describe then fiverr has your back.

You said that you already Opened a ticket with fiverr support so that’s the right step.
Attach there a screenshot or a link to a picture that he stole and that will be more than enough to cancel your order, your seller getting a warning or even loosing his account.

Sellers on fiverr are not allowed to steal someone else’s work or use stock pictures in logos. Unfortunately there are still a lot of sellers that create new gigs everyday violating those rules and reporting them will help the platform.

Also as @cre8iveartwork said that the task you are describing would cost waaaaay more than 30$.
I know your seller told you he could do it but now you know not to trust someone just because they say they can. People who can perform difficult task usually also charge according to a market rate and that definitely wouldn’t be below at least 100$ Best case.
Of course you might find a “gem” seller that is talented and just joined a platform and that’s why they have low prices. But most likely to find that person you will have to go through a lot of sellers like your current one.

Most of them say Sir Madam, etc and even if you visit their countries as a tourist, they are the first ones who want to scam you as well…I know where they come from but I don’t know what country you have in mind haha 😉

I dont want to take that mentality of matching a scammers with those kinds of responses and always be on a defensive position, i contact 3 different sellers and the 3 of them gave me the same response.

I mean if i present you a project knowing that i saw your seller page with your professional well made logos and with a high reputation with more than 200 jobs and by watching the reviews believing that you are a professional. I would accept those those words ``SURE I CAN DO IT´´.

But as i said i dont want to burn that seller, not until i have my money back.

Just go to fiverr CS and explain them what you experienced !

Show them your description and Copied image from google that seller shared you and they will help you out in cancelling order on your behalf !

Thanks! i did it a few minutes ago, now i just need to wait 🙂

Sorry to hear… But I hate cheating because am a seller also. The best way is to contact support, they will kindly help you. Here you are, is a trusted platform, so you can’t be scammed. Since you have complained for the seller and the person refuse to provide your work, Contact Support by follow this link https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new to get everything settle.

Thanks man i will have that on mind in all the next week, glad there are people who have interest to help! 🙂

I am sorry to hear that. As a seller I always feel bad for buyers when they ended up that way. I am pretty sure Fiverr will help you with that matter. I wish you good luck in your future orders and know that Fiverr has amazing logo designers (I am not one, so not selling myself here) that would love to help you.

thanks for your good blessings, I hope so too

Ok, it is pretty bad situation and if everything as you describe then fiverr has your back.

You said that you already Opened a ticket with fiverr support so that’s the right step.

Attach there a screenshot or a link to a picture that he stole and that will be more than enough to cancel your order, your seller getting a warning or even loosing his account.

Sellers on fiverr are not allowed to steal someone else’s work or use stock pictures in logos. Unfortunately there are still a lot of sellers that create new gigs everyday violating those rules and reporting them will help the platform.

Also as @cre8iveartwork said that the task you are describing would cost waaaaay more than 30$.

I know your seller told you he could do it but now you know not to trust someone just because they say they can. People who can perform difficult task usually also charge according to a market rate and that definitely wouldn’t be below at least 100$ Best case.

Of course you might find a “gem” seller that is talented and just joined a platform and that’s why they have low prices. But most likely to find that person you will have to go through a lot of sellers like your current one.

i told him to put the same face of a picture i gave him, it was an easy stone head with not so much work to put in. Even it could had being vectorized and i would have accepted that.

Dont think i gave him an impossible project or that i was expecting too much, i told him to do it on a kinda cartoony way. Im not lying on my benefit, i was really dissaponted on what he gave me, he even didnt make an effort on the work, it looked like if he did it at the last hour. I MEAN he took all the pictures i gave him as references and did them like a kid collage for the background and those images obviously have copyright…

Yes i just need to wait until fiverr response, i already took picture off all.

Wow. I usually test sellers with small projects first. It’s not unusual for me to hire 2 or 3 people to do the same work. I pay them all in full then hire the best for larger projects. People are often late or inconsistent. If it’s important to me, I may still hire two people for the same large project. In some cases, this is not redundant, such as a proofreading job where a second set of eyes is helpful.

Wow. I usually test sellers with small projects first. It’s not unusual for me to hire 2 or 3 people to do the same work. I pay them all in full then hire the best for larger projects. People are often late or inconsistent. If it’s important to me, I may still hire two people for the same large project. In some cases, this is not redundant, such as a proofreading job where a second set of eyes is helpful.

In one sense hiring two seller for same project is a good practice. Because, you can find the better one. on the other hand you are spending some extra bucks!

Archived